logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Can I get some feedback on A couple of Maps I made?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 2:35 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Bespin Brawl can be used for objectives like Protecting and destroying objects,
It can be played Battlefront style with reinforcement points, and many other ways, In Addition whoever gains control of any panel in the middle can control the bridge for either side which can be used for vehicles and such.
It supports team play or Individual play
It's not the greatest rendering but they were made on Google Sketchup so...
Any Feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Post subject: Re: Can I get some feedback on A couple of Maps I made?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 7:21 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Hi Rizz,

First of all nice to meet you, I dont' think we've spoken before.

The artwork is what it is. Obviously you did a pretty good job given the program you were using.

The floor plans, are pretty good. The City Slaughter is pretty competent, a simple set up, pretty balanced, with some opportunty for Melee advancement.

The bespin map, is a cool idea, but the identical starting points never seems to come across properly,I tried this with a korriban map a while back and it just looked corny.

All in all a strong debut, given time, good software, and technical assistance you will have a strong foundation to build on.

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

Post subject: Re: Can I get some feedback on A couple of Maps I made?
PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2008 9:24 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Quote:
Hi Rizz,

First of all nice to meet you, I dont' think we've spoken before.

The artwork is what it is. Obviously you did a pretty good job given the program you were using.

The floor plans, are pretty good. The City Slaughter is pretty competent, a simple set up, pretty balanced, with some opportunty for Melee advancement.

The bespin map, is a cool idea, but the identical starting points never seems to come across properly,I tried this with a korriban map a while back and it just looked corny.

All in all a strong debut, given time, good software, and technical assistance you will have a strong foundation to build on.

Nice To meet you Too!

And just in case I didn't point this out, There are windows in City Slaughter They act as Low cover which takes up a spot between squares so that there can be an alternate escapes from buildings and they are good stand off points for close quarters gunfights :P There are also vehicle bays in which the doors can only be opened from inside the bay or the inside of the building on a panel closest to the bays. The Stairs and Lifts can bring reinforcements or perhaps provide another map! :P

Also on Bespin There is Shields similar to those of the Gungans at the openings of each of those Symetrical spawning lifts
Attacks cannot go through them but characters can and attacks made while in between only work if they are melee attacks but you can be shot on either side if a character stands there. They are perfect for Mobile attackers and Fragile units like Medics and Mas Amedda like units. The Corners are almost impenetrable! The Empire and Rebels both Benefit from the terrain but each in different ways.

But I do Understand what you are saying as to how it looks corny however I tried to Jazz it up as best as possible.