logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Clone Wars Mini FAQ
PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think its a cosmetic change that ends the confusion new players experience when having to deal with the "Lightsaber X" ability vs. Block/Deflect/Parry etc.

Yes, Mara could get around Deflect or Block, but if I base you with my LS Block/Parry/Soresu piece, she will have to give up aoos to do so.

If it were up to me - and I freely admit it's not - but if it were up to me, I would change several insignificant wordings in the definitions to make them more sensible for people learning the game. Some examples:

Lightsaber Duelist - +4 Defense against an adjacent enemy with a Force rating.

Ok, that sounded great in Clone Strike where all the characters with Force ratings also had lightsabers, but why does it work against Princess Leia or Luke, Rebel, who are shooting? Why doesn't it work against the new Grievous who is clearly wielding a lightsaber? For that matter, why can't a Lightsaber Duelist handle ALL melee attacks a little bit better? Why just Force-based attacks? It's never made sense in the greater context of the game.

I would change it to this:
Lightsaber Duelist - +4 Defense against lightsaber-based attacks.

Here are some other changes I would propose:
Force Sense (Force 1, useable only on this character's turn: Enemy characters lose all special abilities that prevent them from being legal targets for the rest of this round; however, normal targeting rules still apply)

It's A Trap! (Enemy characters within 6 squares lose all special abilities that prevent them from being targeted; however, normal targeting rules still apply)

Now, I realize this is a fundamental change in the wording, but IMO something that allows older abilities the opportunity to interact with the new abilities like Cloak and Invisible. And to me that is important, that old abilities be adapted to keep the game interactive. Besides, there is a precedent with the Force power Force Strike. It's been changed twice, actually, to keep up with the new terminologies.

I will post one more, without comment:
Lightsaber +10 (On this character's turn, this character may add +10 Damage to hits against adjacent enemies. Use of this ability is optional and must be declared before this character makes its first attack roll of the turn. This attack is considered a melee attack, and damage from this attack is multiplied against critical hits.)

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 6:11 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Can you force point reroll a style save against the vong?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:39 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

empirejeff wrote:
Can you force point reroll a style save against the vong?

No...

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29