logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 10:05 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Proxy was on the poster. Some droid looking thing.

The large number of R/VR is a good point. I didn't really notice it when I was looking at the poster, but there do seem to be an awful lot of them.

I'm about 90% sure that the non-unique Tauntaun was a R. I really want to get another look at that poster. I'll try to go see him tonight.

I don't know if it had already been clarified, but there was only one Sith mini (Revan) and one NR (Garm). I know a few people were wondering what Sith minis might be in the set.

The Hoth Trooper with repeating blaster looked like a large base, and it was an U.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2007 11:32 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I want to get a look at the poster just to see the huges and the rarites for each.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 3:00 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

hickom66 wrote:
So, far I like what I see. There could be a few less Lukes and such but how about the stats for Frozen Han??

A while back on the Wizards board there was a thread where we came up with some halfway decent ideas for a Han in Carbonite mini.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 5:15 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

So what are all the Huges?

Luke's Snowspeeder
AT-ST
Rancor
Rebel Transport
Rebel Turret

That's 5. 10 in the set, right? I do hope they're more interesting than this.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:02 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Hey there, just to calm the waters on the Heavy Stormtrooper/Stormtrooper listing I added to the list I posted.

I put those on there because of the recent pictures of the Hasbro 2" Unleashed figures we have seen and the 33/4" figures we saw at last year's Toy Fair/SDCC.

I think it is safe to assume that the stormtroopers, some version and the Shadow Guards will be in this set in some C/UC form.

Purely speculation at this point, so everyone just get their britches out of a bunch until we have official confirmation.

:D

-b

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 7:34 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Man, I wanna see a scan!! Mail to me if you have to, and I'll scan it in! :D

I'm honestly kind of upset right now that Shaak Ti, Kota, etc. are in the Rebel Faction. I guess it will depend on how the game goes, and how the story line plays out. But, like I've mentioned before, I just don't really feel like that follows the theme of the Rebel faction up until now (squads based around OT characters).

Oh, and I would guess that we'll see an Asajj Ventress as a Separatist character. She is supposed to be in the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:04 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Shaak Ti is definitely in the republic faction, Kota rumoured to be in the rebel faction and Maris Brood in the fringe faction. Since there is no separatist character in this set you won't see Ventress...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:06 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

At the moment it's saying Shaak Ti is still republic & Kota is rebel.
But remember this has not been officially confirmed. But it does look that way.
A lot of the Early Rebellion is still a mystery so it not inconceivable that Shaak Ti or Kota were founding member of the rebelion but died early in it's movement. So was not around by the time of A New Hope.

Last edited by dreadtech on Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:11 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Ok, some of you have seen this set poster and and you could only remember the confirmed huges? What about those other 5?

Three new Lukes just after A&E... a Hoth heavy set just before the Battle on Hoth pack... a piece of carbonite... K-3P0 as a unique... Secret Apprentice is Rebel faction in a non-Rebel era. :roll:

Is this set the weirdest ever? :shock:

I want to see the set poster too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:35 am 
General
General

Eh, if these rumors are true, I am very happy I am no longer a set finisher. Looks like it is 2 boosters for me for the release event, and that is it.

On a related note, I now have 5! boosters of minis for A&E, 2 for the release event, 2 for the league at GenCon (played 1! game) and 1 for placing 15th at the championship.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:49 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I currently under-whelmed by the huge.

And as the Huge are the reason for the huge price hike on a booster I can't see me buying more than possibly a single case of six.

But three Lukes again!!! :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:09 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ahh, OK, got confused about Shaak. How positive are we that there are no Separatists? Not even one?

Actually, now that I think about it, having characters like Rohm and such in the Rebel faction might be kind of cool. New targets for Obi Force Spirit! :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 9:50 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Sorry, I was just responding to speculation provided by soggybottomboy2469's unofficial list. But, as he mentioned, it's purely speculation, so I'm hoping we don't get an exact Heavy Stormtrooper reprint. I have more of those than I know what to do with. I mean, I do like using them, even with the Heavy Weapon and only 20 HP, but I rarely use more than one or two in a squad.

I feel kinda let down by what the set seems to be shaping up to be just based on the rumors... I had sincerely thought that each faction was going to be represented in this set, but I guess not. I normally complete each set without fail, but I'm kinda second guessing doing that now.

I'm looking forward to some of these characters though. I think as more figures get confirmed, I'll look forward to the set more. I'm sure that I'll like a lot of the figures that are coming out but I prefer to have things spread around a bit. Like, I would take one less Luke for this set and have another character that we haven't gotten before, not that I mind getting new Luke's. Just want some variety as my interest in Star Wars isn't solely OT based.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:00 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I'm going to go out on a limb, here, everyone. I have heard the rumors. I have seen the promo. I have followed the video game since its early days of announcement. All I can say is . . .
BRING ON THE FORCE!
Of course I'm not thrilled with another huge set, or multiple incarnations of the same character (again!), but all in all, I can not wait for this set. I hope I'm not the only one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:18 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The heavy stormie sucks to begin with op top of we just got version two in the last set! WTF! This set is really disappointing me from the name and faction representation stand points. The stats and abilities/force powers in this set had better be out of this world.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:20 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

With no insult intended to everyone involved in seeing or confirming this set poster, and with all due respect (and there is a lot of respect due) I have to call bull*&%t.
Mostly for the reasons stated by Lex-too OT heavy right after A&E, and too Hoth heavy right before that special release.
And then there are the names of some of the pieces:

AT-ST, Wookie Hunter??? What, it has a special phosphorous round that ignites Wookie hair even on a miss? How would that name even make sense? What could they possibly do to make an At-St more of a killer to one species over another.

Hoth Chewbacca? Really? How so? Will we ba able to tell that he has grown in his winter coat?

I will honestly need to see some concrete proof before I believe this is anything more than another "Glass Jabba".

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:22 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

I'm hoping for some proof tonight, since I read that someone said that the new retail kits also include a poster. I will let you know tonight if I can see something!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:33 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Celticindian wrote:
With no insult intended to everyone involved in seeing or confirming this set poster, and with all due respect (and there is a lot of respect due) I have to call bull*&%t.
Mostly for the reasons stated by Lex-too OT heavy right after A&E, and too Hoth heavy right before that special release.
And then there are the names of some of the pieces:

AT-ST, Wookie Hunter??? What, it has a special phosphorous round that ignites Wookie hair even on a miss? How would that name even make sense? What could they possibly do to make an At-St more of a killer to one species over another.

Hoth Chewbacca? Really? How so? Will we ba able to tell that he has grown in his winter coat?

I will honestly need to see some concrete proof before I believe this is anything more than another "Glass Jabba".

Before these boards were moved, I started a thread talking about what I saw at GenCon.

I saw proof that in an upcoming set there will be a Hoth Chewy as well as a "kicked up AT-ST". At the moment I am not sure if any of the old threads still exist.

Like most her I would liek to see a scan to confirm, but from what I have seen, I would say that things are not too far off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:52 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

We know that Blizzard One will be a unique At-St in the Hoth battle pack, but a hoth Chewy? Again I ask, really? And also why?

Virtus Junxit Mors Non Separabit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2007 10:57 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sithdragon, the Heavy Stormtrooper is PURE SPECULATION, and I think soggybottomboy probably actually meant it not as a reprint of the Heavy Stormtrooper, but some form of new Stormtrooper variant based on the artwork/trailers we've seen for the game so far. I don't think it's far-fetched at all for us to get a Stormtrooper that looks like the ones we've all seen the Apprentice slinging around with the Force. I think that's the "Heavy" Stormtrooper he was referring to.

I actually believe quite a few of these things. The Hoth pieces in this set actual match up with the Hoth Battle Pack very well. The Battle Pack is designed to be sold at Target stores, where people who do not play the miniatures game will see it. If they purchase that pack, and then they see that the Force Unleashed set has pieces form the upcoming video game, AND pieces that would mesh well with the Hoth pack they just bought....it's actually a pretty good marketing strategy.

The Hoth Chewie will probably have snow on him, like the way he looks when he and Han go out to kill the Probe Droid.

The AT-ST Wookiee Hunter also makes perfect sense. We know that Kashyyyk is supposed to be in the Force Unleashed game. We also know that at some point between Episodes 3 and 4 that the Empire attacked and enslaved the entire Wookiee population. Thirdly, there is a concept art of an AT-ST for the video game that has some camouflage, and looks to me like a Kashyyyk deployed paint-scheme.

Granted, I'm not too excited about the OT heavy nature of the pieces announced so far either, but we all need to remember that the next two sets are likely to be EU heavy (Legacy and KOTOR themed).

Heck, we're getting Revan and Garm. Those are two EU that everybody's been wanting forever. So there's at least a few things coming to keep us happy.

Now....if there's just a couple more Vong, including a Voxyn (Huge Queen or even just a normal one), I will be very excited.

The cool thing about a set distribution like this is that I don't have to buy a ton of boosters up front, and I'll just slowly collect the set between when it releases and when Legacy comes out.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 326 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 17  Next