logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:07 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I really don't see there being many rebel/imperial pieces in this set since they just had A&E. Granted Imps will get a few because of the game, but the rebels will most likely only have about 4-6, depending on how the game is set up. There should be a lot of the other factions - I hope.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:21 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully

Sithdragon13 wrote:
I really don't see there being many rebel/imperial pieces in this set since they just had A&E. Granted Imps will get a few because of the game, but the rebels will most likely only have about 4-6, depending on how the game is set up. There should be a lot of the other factions - I hope.

I expect the opposite. Lots of Rebels and Imps. I mean the game is set during the beginnings of the rebellion under the empire. What other faction will they be? At a minimum the 15 FU pieces will be Rebel, Imperial and Fringe. Fill in with the standard heros for each and thats probably 5-8 more and at a minimum we are looking at 15-25 rebels or imperials. Then depending on the huges this time, which should have little to do with the game, I expect mostly rebels and imps this set actually.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:25 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

See, I'm not so sure about that. The timeline is sort of iffy. We know about 3 Rebel pieces, none of them from the time period. Obviously, Imps will get stuff, but I expect a good chunk of those Jedi that you hunt down will be Republic. I think at most Rebels will have the 3rd most pieces in the set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 8:30 am 

Sithborg wrote:
See, I'm not so sure about that. The timeline is sort of iffy. We know about 3 Rebel pieces, none of them from the time period. Obviously, Imps will get stuff, but I expect a good chunk of those Jedi that you hunt down will be Republic. I think at most Rebels will have the 3rd most pieces in the set.

How many jedi do you really expect? We already have Quinlan, we know Shaak Ti is coming, Obi Wan and Yoda are alive. But how many are really a part of the game? I admit we do not know the exact timeline of the game, but I think you have it off.

Think about it for a second. Vader is supposed to have killed most of the jedi himself after Epi 3. How long would it take before he would be able to take a secret apprentice? I highly doubt it could happen right after Epi 3. So few years past, most jedi are gone. Republic remnants are pretty much gone. Probably morphing into the beginnings of the rebellion in secret. Vader takes and trains his SA so at a minimum we are looking at a few years after Epi3.

Based on my guess, I expect most of the game to be imp and rebel, not republic.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:26 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

billiv15 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Imperials to a degree, but i dont see many rebels in this one. They jsut ahd a set. I think we are going to see a few Imps, about half as many rebels and the rest of the set will be divided up between the other factions. the game pieces will be half Imp and the rest Fringe and rebel.

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:49 am 

Sithdragon13 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Imperials to a degree, but i dont see many rebels in this one. They jsut ahd a set. I think we are going to see a few Imps, about half as many rebels and the rest of the set will be divided up between the other factions. the game pieces will be half Imp and the rest Fringe and rebel.

Well I look at it this way. What do we know about the coming minis? We know 15 are based on the game - to me those are primarily imps, maybe 1-2 republic and the rest rebels and fringe.

We know OR and Sith will get something in this set - I believe that to be small. Perhaps 1-2 minis each. This is FU which takes place between the movies. This is not the Kotor set. So probably Darth Revan or some other main sith character.

Now we know its huge. What huges do we know about? Luke's Snowspeeder, Golan Turret, some kind of Rancor and some other unknown Atst/atrt concept (from the shadow art). Its possible the Hoth pieces will come in the Hoth pack, but I believe they will be in this set.

So whats left? NR and Vong are already covered in A&E. Mandos, OR and Sith should get something - but this is not the Kotor set.

Republic and Seps prob get a few, but again, this set has little to do with them as well. And we know a Clone set is coming.

So that leave Rebels and Imperils. We already know we will get at least one Luke and Vader in the set. If we get the Snowspeeder we could be looking at 2-3 Lukes as we know we are getting Luke and Yoda. I expect more Rebel Heroes as well so Han/Leia/Chewy etc. If we are getting the Snowspeeder, there could very well be other Hoth/Epi 5 figs in this set. Rebels and Imperials did not cover Epi 5 hardly at all. And with the Hoth pack coming, I expect to get more Hoth based minis to use with it. This would be the set to do it imo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 9:59 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I highly doubt that the Jedi pieces based on the game will be Rebel faction.

First of all, it doesn't fit the continuity of the Saga. The 'Rebel Alliance' as we know it Episode IV started not very far before the beginning of Episode IV. Granted, information about the game seems to suggest that the game events will lead into Episode IV, but we don't necessarily know in what capacity.

Secondly, putting characters like Shaak Ti or Quinlan Vos into the Rebel faction just doesn't fit the playstyle of the Rebel Faction up to this point. Up until now, creating a good Rebel squad means you pretty much always are including at least one or two characters from the original triology (Luke, Han, Leia, etc.). General fans of the Rebel faction and the OT may hardly even know who Shaak and Quinlan are. IMO, it just doesn't make sense to put them in the Rebel faction.

On top of all that, if I was a Jedi that was surviving in hiding throughout the Purge period, I think I would be pretty set on helping defeat the Empire in order to bring back the Republic. Sure, that's basically the idea behind the Rebel Alliance as well, but the Alliance's goal ended up being just defeating the Empire to get rid of them period. There wasn't really a plan on what to do afterwards. I think anyone from the Republic era would desire to put things back to where they were before the Clone Wars.

Granted, it's all just speculation. And with two, possibly three EU heavy sets coming next year, it wouldn't surprise me too much to see this one be another OT heavy set. I just hope that isn't the case. At least I can't read the WotC forums much now anymore, so I really won't have to worry about hearing all the griping about more OT characters when we just got a bunch. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:03 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

LOL, you dont think it will reach here?

-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:22 am 

LoboStele wrote:
I highly doubt that the Jedi pieces based on the game will be Rebel faction.

Agreed. I dont think that at all. My point is the game takes place at a minimum a few years after Ep3, but as we know leads into the rebellion. So while any jedi we do get like Shaak Ti will be republic, I expect the bulk of the set to be rebel.

I also forgot to mention that we know we are likely getting a Rebel Troop Carrier of some kind as well so thats another notch for the Rebels. Rechecked RR's thread for that one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 10:46 am 

Fool wrote:
Well if 15 are game based 15 are probably re-prints that leaves 30 for the Mandos, SIth, OR, NR, Vong and Fringe.

Vong and NR already got their pieces this year. I dont expect this set to contain more. Do you really think a set not based on those EU eras will get more than 1-3 for any of the small factions? Personally, I cannot see this set having more than a total of 5-6 minis for Mandos, Sith and OR. And none for Vong and NR imo.

Also, I dont think 15 reprints is close at all either. Unless you are counting Hans, Leia, Lukes and Vaders as reprints which to me are not. Probably the normal range of 5-6 in this set. On that one I am fairly certain.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 12:01 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Rob's statement about working on a set with all 10 factions was not directed at any particular set. Long before that he confirmed that we would see all 10 factions during the 2007 year, but nothing has ever been said to suggest that the FU set would have all 10. I'm with Bill on this one and I doubt we'll see any Vong in TFU (unless we get a Voxyn! :D). Of course, I can definitely see us getting 1-2 NR pieces, since we've only had 1 in each of the past two sets. But then again, the first set in '08 is likely to be a NR era-heavy set, so it's hard to tell. Guess we'll find out in a few weeks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 6:24 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Well, the story seems to be the Apprentice hunting down some remaining Jedi. So those Jedi would be Republic. Likely at least Shaak Ti, and then there 3 others named in the preview. I honestly don't see any others of the Big 4 in this set other than Dagobah Luke. I am sort of guessing we will see a major Force User for each Faction. Hopefully Dooku for Seps. We honestly don't know enough yet to make these kinds of calls, though personally, I doubt there will be many Rebels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:24 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

You know what would be cool? (and make some sense, too?) If those jedi he is hunting down were fringe. Oh yeah, I just said it :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2007 7:26 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Roulex wrote:
You know what would be cool? (and make some sense, too?) If those jedi he is hunting down were fringe. Oh yeah, I just said it :P

That would be cool, and odd at the same time, since they could be on an imperial squad, unless they restricted these fringe jedi so that they could only be on light side faction squads.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:52 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I wouldn't expect any fringe jedi unless they end up overcosted and/or under powered.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 8:21 am 

homer_sapien wrote:
I wouldn't expect any fringe jedi unless they end up overcosted and/or under powered.

agreed, wont happen. Jedi would be playable with the dark side and highly overcosted. Any we get will be republic even if the republic really doesnt exist any more. I wouldnt be surprised to see a rebel jedi as well. Would be a pretty cool addition as we only have Obi, Luke and Yoda in the faction normally.

I will also add, the info Erik gave us suggests Episode 5 minis as well. I mean come on, Rebel Troop Cart, Ugnaught leader, Hoth pack. You see a pattern yet? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:06 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

You missed a rather big one: Luke w/Yoda.

IMO, I don't think the Rebels should have any Jedi other than Luke, Obi, and Yoda. I do remember hearing a rumor of a new Rebel Obi though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 10:09 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

What about Echuu Shen-Jon? That would be a nice Jedi for the Rebels.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:20 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

LoboStele wrote:
Rob's statement about working on a set with all 10 factions was not directed at any particular set.

I think he was. Here's the exact quote from 3/19/07:

WotC_Rob wrote:
Happiness is working on a Star Wars Miniatures set with all 10 factions represented!

(Love the search function!)

The timeframe would indicate finishing up FU or starting LotF given that there's some overlap.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:42 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Fang wrote:
What about Echuu Shen-Jon? That would be a nice Jedi for the Rebels.

Who? Really, the Rebels really shouldn't have any more Jedi than the three. And even the, Yoda really shouldn't be a fighter.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 91 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next