logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Twin Attack
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:23 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

What seems to be the least complicated Special Ability in the game has actually raised quite a few questions in some of my games as of late. So here are the ones I remember:

Say somebody with Twin Attack shoots somebody with Betrayal. First roll is a 1. Do you still attack the second time?

Say somebody with Twin Attack shoots someone adjacent to a Gungan Shieldbearer. The first shot hits, but gets reflected back, and the attacker dies. Does the second attack happen before or after resolving the shielding and dying, or after? In other words, do you still roll the second attack?

Say somebody with Twin Attack shoots someone adjacent to a Gungan Shieldbearer. The first shot hits, and the attacker makes the save. The character being shot at dies. But does the attacker still roll for another attack, as it could be reflected back and do damage?

Say somebody with Twin Attack shoots someone adjacent to a Bodyguard. The first attack hits, and would kill a bodyguard. Would the damage from the second attack also go to the (now deceased) bodyguard, or someone else? This is the only one of the questions I am pretty sure I know the answer to...

Post subject: Re: Twin Attack
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:50 pm 
Jedi Battlemaster
Jedi Battlemaster

numbering the questions..

#1. As far as my understanding of betrayal and order of the attack goes, betrayal would interrupt the attack sequence and force the acting character to join the opposing side. Thus the twin attack is lost since betrayal ends the character's turn.

#2. The whole sequence of Energy Shield must be completed before moving on to the next applied. Damage must be applied, and defeated characters removed from the board. The attacker is defeated, no more attacking, no Twin Attack.

#3. Once the target of the attack is defeated and removed from play the twin attack is lost. You can't attack a different target, and you can't target empty space where the enemy was, so no twin attack is made.

#4. The second attack would be made on the original target, whether or not the Bodyguard was killed. Bodyguard only changes to whom the damage is applied, it has no effect on targeting rules.

Join the FOLLY! Online casual League, find out more here: FOLLY

Post subject: Re: Twin Attack
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:55 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

mrmikedrum wrote:
What seems to be the least complicated Special Ability in the game has actually raised quite a few questions in some of my games as of late. So here are the ones I remember:

Say somebody with Twin Attack shoots somebody with Betrayal. First roll is a 1. Do you still attack the second time?

You cannot becuase your original target ceases to be a legal target for the 2nd attack.

Quote:
Say somebody with Twin Attack shoots someone adjacent to a Gungan Shieldbearer. The first shot hits, but gets reflected back, and the attacker dies. Does the second attack happen before or after resolving the shielding and dying, or after? In other words, do you still roll the second attack?

No, you cannot take the Twin. Reason is that at Step 14 of Resolving Effects you remove any defeated characters and its Step 16 that you resolve the Twin.

Quote:
Say somebody with Twin Attack shoots someone adjacent to a Gungan Shieldbearer. The first shot hits, and the attacker makes the save. The character being shot at dies. But does the attacker still roll for another attack, as it could be reflected back and do damage?

Your target is no longer legal since it is dead, so you cannot make your 2nd attack (as in your Twin ceases to occur).

Quote:
Say somebody with Twin Attack shoots someone adjacent to a Bodyguard. The first attack hits, and would kill a bodyguard. Would the damage from the second attack also go to the (now deceased) bodyguard, or someone else? This is the only one of the questions I am pretty sure I know the answer to...

Your target isn't the bodyguard, it is the character that forced the bodyguard to take the damage. Your Twin would still be there to put onto the original target except the original target now has 1 less bodyguard ;)