logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Need a fun not Tier 1 150 point squad.
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 10:55 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Here's the situation. I have a 150 point constructed tourny a little bit after KOTOR comes out. With the tourny being so close to KOTOR's release date I don't know if I'll have my cases in time to use KOTOR pieces in my build. I have absolutely nothing I have to do on the day before the tourny so I'll have plenty of time to go through my cases and build something around one or more of the R/VR I pull if they do get here soon enough. What I want is a backup squad using nothing from KOTOR that I can toss together to bring if my cases don't show up on time. I just don't want to put the time into building something new and then not get to play it. Note that this is at a newish store and most of the people there are very new to the game.

Post subject: Re: Need a fun not Tier 1 150 point squad.
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:46 am 
General
General

Luke HoY Cannons are fun. And with the right variety of pieces, can help a younger opponent learn more about different characters. Maybe Luke, Leis (AE, of course.) A bothan noble (to teach them the dif between that and leia.) and a Jedi semi-beatstick (if that makes sense.)

{11111111011][7777777777777777777777777777777
<(HHHHHQXX)=(77777777777777777777777777777777

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 12:32 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Doesn't get much more fun (and optional) then Caedus with Boba Merc Lobot and and uggie. Leave out the MTB for even more fun. :boba: Boba (without the cunning) will miss way more then you like...that is always fun. Also trying to do anything NR in 150 is certaintly fun especially if you try to fit Kyle BM in your squad.

The ultimate in fun for me is Kazdan, Qui-gon JM, Quinlon infiltrator, and Ki-Adi. You start with minor init control, no door control and very low activations and if the reserves never happen then you should be a great target for the noobies and teach them why the afformentioned is important. If you are playing gambit for points then if you do get reserves then it is even harder for you cause you are giving your opponent so much more chances at getting points. :D The down side is having to carry around the reserves.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 10:16 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

This is exactly the place where I'd try a Kazadan squad if I was going to play one. Just not this tourny because there's no way I'm getting all the droid stat cards and minis out when i might not even be using the squad.

When I first thought of getting a no KOTOR squad together Kyle was the first piece I thought of doing something with. Just happens all my squads that use him are 200 points. I've used Boba Merc twice, once with and once without the MTB. Vastly different games those two days. Caedus has potential just because I've never used him before.

My favorite piece to play is Jango, BH so I was looking at some of my old squads that included him. I have a 100 pointer using him along with Aurra, JH and an Ug. That one does pretty well in less competitive settings and I could probably add something to bring it up to 150. Already at 150 I have a fun squad I built awhile back with Jango, Sidious, and the Felcor. As long as the felcor has room to move that works pretty well. Last idea is more competitive, but it was still fun to play. Jumping Flea's Golan Sniping squad worked really well for me when I gave it a try.