All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

How would people like to do a Custom Mini Tournament
Total votes : 0

Post subject: Custom mini Tournament
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 12:30 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I like making stats for Custom Mini's and I am sure many others do as well. Ever wanted to try them out in an actual competetive game VS other players? With Vassel, it's just a few mouse clicks away.

Custom Mini Tournament:

Rules:
1) Any point level. Legal point levels like 100, 150, or 200. Or you can go for massive battles 200 pts +.
2) all maps, (can play on Custom maps if you want to)
3) Can use customs mixed with actual mini's, or just customs, or just actual mini's if your opponent wants to try them out VS actual squads.
4) When you are playing, you MUST provide a link to the stats of your custom minitures, so your opponent knows exactly what they do.
5) Also when playing, pick an actual mini to represent your custom. Make the HP and force points (If they have any) equal to your custom. Under condition, put your custom's name.
6) Before use of your custom mini is allowed, a panel of judges (Myself, Fool, Roque Saber, Nuksaa, and Mandalorian_Merc) will need to approve it. Post a link to your custom's thread on this thread, or another thread for it if we need another one, or just post em here if you only have a few. The judges will look over your custom(s), talk between themselves via Bloo Milk chat, PM, Vassel, instant messaging, ect, and let you know. Don't take it hard, or the wrong way if your custom isn't allowed, some customs are just to good for their own good. If a judge is AFK for an extended period of time, the other judges don't need to wait for him/her, just give em 2-3 days to respond, hopefully they

Helpful Information:
1) There will not be prizes, this is just to try out your custom minis and have fun.
2) Judges, be unbaised when judging. Example, you dont like the person who's customs you are judging, try not to let it factor in when judging. Or you dont like the characters name, or a certain ability, or the stats dont fit the character in your opinion, or somthing like that.
3) If you dont have vassel, go to this website: http://www.vassalengine.org/community/index.php?option=com_vassal_modules&task=display&module_id=126 download vassel and all of the SWM mods.
4) Judges can also enter there own customs and participate in the "tournament", however they can not judge there own customs.

Tournament is ready to start people, just start posting your customs minis, AND LET THE GAMES BEGIN!!!

Links to cleared Participent's Threads:
-None as of the moment-

Last edited by Waves_blade on Mon Jun 09, 2008 12:49 pm, edited 14 times in total.

Post subject: Re: How would people like a Custom mini Tournament?
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:13 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I think you'd need a panel of judges to approve custom minis for use in the tournament.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:29 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Azrakel wrote:
I think you'd need a panel of judges to approve custom minis for use in the tournament.

Good idea, any idea on whom?

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 7:50 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Interesting concept. I was chatting w/ Fool the other day about this. Maybe set up "cost" values for certain SA's, CE's, FP's, Attack, Defense, HP, Damage, etc.

As people develop their custom, the "cost" is adjusted.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 8:08 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

TK-421 wrote:
Interesting concept. I was chatting w/ Fool the other day about this. Maybe set up "cost" values for certain SA's, CE's, FP's, Attack, Defense, HP, Damage, etc.

As people develop their custom, the "cost" is adjusted.

Not quite sure how to determine each abilities/force powers, ECT woud cost. It's a nice idea, but i didn't mean for people to just create a custom out of mid air. I'm sure people have already made customs they would love to try out.

<.< ... >.> whisper (Do you have a point system or know of one you could direct me to?)

"Know that much may happen here, but above all, do not forget this—you may trust in me. We cradle each other's lives, and what threatens one of us, threatens us both. And if you find you cannot trust me, trust in your training. Trust in yourself. Never doubt what you have done." Kreia

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:51 am 

I've seen one before. I tried to make one once. I tested a few actual figures to see if they were in range of what I would cost them. RS and CS were really hard to fit in because the game was so new. I'd be willing to work with you on coming up with one.

Post subject: Re: Custom mini Tournament
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 4:19 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Tournament is ready to start if the judges are all ready.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 5:50 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Waves_blade wrote:
Tournament is ready to start if the judges are all ready.

Mkay lets get started.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2008 8:40 am 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

So..... anyone going to even participate?