logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: EPIC Imp squad v 1.0
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 3:43 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

So, the last Monday of this month, our LGS is running EPIC. This is the first squad idea Ive had.

1)Thrawn 37/37
2)Mas 8/45
3)Nyna 18/63
4)Veers 21/84
5)Vader, JH 75/159
6)Vader's Apprentice, Unleashed 48/207
7)Blizzard Scout 1 54/261
8)Wookie Hunter ATST 48/309
9-10)2x ATST 88/397
11) Deliah Blue 33/430
12) Lobot 27/457
13) Mystril Shadow Guard 24/481
14-15) 2x Aqualish Assassin 14/495
16) Caamasi Noble 5/500

Lobot reinforcements: 4x Ugo, 2x Gran

All 4 ATSTs will get Accurate shot from Veers, AA's and Grans can be used to stealth up to the opponent(hiding behind the ATSTs possibly) to get within swapping range for Vader to wreack havoc or for the apprentice to FL40 or FL50 something. Deliah for repairing the ATSTs, and for another accurate shot. Lobot and the ugos give door control. Shadow guard can bodyguard for whoever and with SS cant be targeted directly, or swap in to help vader/VAU. With all those huges + everything else, there ought to be something in LOS all the time, giving the Noble every opportunity to be a gambit gainer.

Comments? Concerns? Complaints? Questions? Suggestions?

Thanks for the help!

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

Post subject: Re: EPIC Imp squad v 1.0
PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:14 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Looks pretty neat, and I like that you used Jedi hunter as opposed to Lord Vader, because you are VERY light on Swap Fodder (no such thing as Fodder in EPIC). Most likely you will not see an MTB in EPIC, so Master Tactician is your best bet at gauranteed initiative control. All of Those AT-ST's will be a hassle. I hope you dont get missiled on Round 1, because you WILL be clumped together at set up.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:27 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

This does look like a lot of fun to play and multiple AT-STs is surely EPIC. Deliah is an awesome pair with this squad. Her repair is unbeatable and the option to blast somebody who gets too close with an accurate shot is great too.

Be careful with that Apprentice though; he's got to be really tough to keep alive in an epic format. You know your opp is bringing accurate shooters and his defense is awful. That'll be the key to winning is getting him to the other side of the board before he falls over.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:33 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Blizzard Scout 1 and more AT-ST is always fun in the EPIC format, purely because of the massive damage output. As long as you can keep your opponent's Lightsaber weilders at bay, you'll be in decent shape. It can get hairy sometimes, as EPIC usually means you have at least 4 or 5 big force users on the opposing team, which can drop 1 or 2 AT-STs every round. And even with Flanking Attack and Thrawn's CE, it can still be tough to hit a Jedi in cover. Use Thrawn offensively some too though, to keep Force Users from using Deflect and you should be OK. Vader JH can also help to keep any Lightsaber weilding pieces off your walkers as well. This is a pretty solid build, and other than what Luke_Skywalker pointed out about setup, you'll be in good shape. Actually, come to think of it, set up won't be TOO bad, since you can now start the AT-ST a little farther forward. Will give you a little bit more room. Rancor pit will be the only map that will give you headaches.

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:36 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

1) Thr reason for JH over LV was simply and purely because of the limit of 3 commander effects. I needed Thrawn, Veers, and Nyna, so there was no room for LV. :P
2) The apprentice is to stay hidden until I have a good target for lightning and something that can swap out for him in range of that target. I realize that can be hard, but its doable.

Anything anybody would change?

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 9:38 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

The only thing I would even consider is Lord Vader instead of VJH, and that would mean dropping Veers for (most likely) a Storm Commando. You would be trading Sheer Damage, for accurate shot.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2008 10:35 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I hadnt thought of that exchnge actually. I see where that would give me a good bit extra dmg, but I think the loss of Accurate shot would hurt more than the extra damage would help.