logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: ideas for a fringe only squad with boba merc
PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:47 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

i have a 200pt fringe only tounrey coming up. i had great success using boba merc last time and want to use him again. any ideas guys?

i'm trying out deliah blue this time also so just build al i deas around these 2

Post subject: Re: ideas for a fringe only squad with boba merc
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 7:47 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Well if I were you I'd look at it this way. This is my opinion, so please dont criticize it, being that I'm still a novice.

Most good fringe pieces are Uniques, so most people would generally run Unique pieces. Which means Deliah is perfect for this. Kel Dor BH would probably do pretty good, and only at 13 points I'd use them. they shoot, and as they do so you need to move up but still, it works out. I'd also use MTB and a Gonk droid, which you'd probably end up bringing in with Lobot. that gives you a little door control, so that should help. Put in ugnaughts to sacrifice, unless you have the opportunity to sacrifice a Kel Dor and deal 40 damage that you know you need to deal. I'd also use a BBSV or 2, to give the unigues that dont already have it, evade

And whatever points are left (Should be a lot) Put in some other good uniques. I'd use Jango BH

Post subject: Re: ideas for a fringe only squad with boba merc
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, if you're planning to use Boba Merc and Deliah, then a Muun Tactics Broker is DEFINITELY a good idea. Forget the Gonk Droid though. I would use either Kel Dor BH's or an Ugnaught Boss. The Gonk won't really help you at all. Lobot is always a good choice, as it will give you Override and the customization options.

With Fringe only pieces, there are plenty of great options. As SynGates pointed out, a couple of Bounty Hunters will be a must, as you can bet people will utilize those. E522 Assassin Droids might also be good. The Felucian Rancor might be a solid piece too, but it's hard to say for sure, since a large majority of Fringe pieces are shooters, so Parry won't help as much. However, a 20 Defense and being non-Unique, plus all the HP and Regeneration will make it tough to take down.

Oh, Wicket will be another piece that would probably be good to include, just watch out for opponent's Accurate Shot pieces. :P