Mark forums read

Post subject: Krayt and Lando
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:11 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Krayt 76
Lando DS 18
Uggnaught x2 6

The thought is to give Lando double attack allowing him to shoot twice at +12 for 30 leaving the damage potential of the squad at a pretty standard 120. Or you could use some ranged abilities to wind it out at 90 to a single target (Against opponents who make placement errors this number goes up because of Krayt's Ability to exploit them and damage nearby targets.)

The thought was that with Krayt's crab armor he will stick around for a little while, and that Lando could really soften up targets before Krayt would engage them. Also your uggnaughts really can beat opposing ugnaughts because of the 2x chances to hit them per round. (Over the course of many games this should put the ugnaught war into your favor.

ImageImage

Post subject: Re: Krayt and Lando
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:35 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like it. This helps to make Krayt more viable at 100. It's not competative (mostly because Krayt himself really isn't), but I think it is a great squad besides that.

Good job luke :saber:

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 5:48 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Thanks, I just pulled Krayt last night and with my 100 point tournament coming up this Monday, I wanted to see if there was anything that I could do with him. This was the best that I could come up with. Perhaps I should build with the piece from the other booster I bought last night instead and see what I can come up with. (Darth Nihl)

ImageImage

PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 7:06 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

The only flaw I see with this squad is your lack of protection for Lando. He has to stay within 6 of Krayt the entire time and that's a little close for a rather flimsy shooter like him.

One option would be to drop Lando and the uggys for a Quarren Assassin, Wicket and an uggy. You lose a little damage output but most of your attacks will be at an additional +4 which helps your damage consistency a lot.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:50 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Im not sure that the idea of switching Lando+ for the QA+ is such a good idea. I think, especially in 100, that getting to use that double cunning would be more difficult and less often achieved than getting the double opportunist off. Considering that neither Lando or the QA, I think Lando has the advantage.
With the QA, pretty much the only squad type that you could safely say you would get the Cunning on every round would be tempo based squads. With Lando, its about the opposite. Tempo squads might be the only kinds where he probably wont get it every round.

In regards to having flimsy shooter Lando that close to melee: Its really no worse than having the QA, and Lando has more HP and Evade, which will help keep him alive against shooters who will likely get to target him when hes that close to the main action of the game.

In either case though, I understand that those are good shooters for backing Krayt in 100, but I dont really see the appeal. Part of what makes those figs good is there ability to Mobile, and having extra attack can take that away during critical decision making times. No, I dont have a better suggestion.

"If at first you don't succeed, before you try again, stop to figure out what you did wrong." -Leo Rosten

Last edited by Dis1 on Tue May 06, 2008 3:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 3:51 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Tempo Squads are pretty prevalent.

ImageImage