logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Dnemiller Vong Squad - need help
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:44 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

What happens when you don't face Jedi beats? That's where Boba will come in most handy I think. You could easily change him out for Aurra if you wanted something different, but I think Boba is probably better in this squad.

Also, Yomin works pretty well at 200 with what you have, I would consider him. Bug if you win init, spit if you don't (with the scouts mostly), but also poison can be useful at times as well.

And finally, I find that when I run Yomin, people focus on him, which is really exactly what you don't want to do. Especially with the Shaper on the board. Which in turn, will keep one or the other around an extra round, and keep the pressure off the JHs to a degree.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:49 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I'm always one who likes the theme idea so would lean toward dropping Fett and using Vongs. Now, from more of a straight playability, try working Yomin Carr into the squad. Having poison and spit poison options on the scouts and JH add another dimension of a bit of ranged attacks. Plus he has stealth which plays into Nom's strength. Just a thought and something you might try if you want a change. I've had fun with Yomin before.

Also, Shaper has a Special Ability, not CE so disruptive should not affect it, right?

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 2:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I think every squad needs at least one good shooter. I would drop Boba for Aurra in the current Force-heavy environment, but that's just me.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 3:38 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I have never been impressed with Boba Fett Enforcer. Im just not. The ONLY reason why I like him IS the Vong Squads like this one that need a way to detonate their bombs for kills.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 4:08 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

What I'd do is drop Lobot for 2 Uggos and another JH. In these squads you need loads of JH's and I think Lobot isn't worthwhile here.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:39 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I don't thinks so, and here is why:
Boba Fett's missiles provide you with a way to detonate your bombs (btw I would TOTALLY bring in wicket and 3 grans as reinfocements +4 activations instead of +6, but you get 3 extra bombs) Boba Can detonate the Scouts and the Grans from long range with missiles. It sets up the potential for surrounding an opponent with grans and scouts then doing a missile for a possible 150 (if they fail their save) or for 120 (if you don't save ALL 6 Times)

That doesn't work against disruptive pieces, but then again, I wouldn't attempt it on those either.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:52 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Yeah, I overlooked Nom when I suggested running Aurra. Boba is the right call if you have Nom Anor.

Congrats on your win (irregardless of how anticipated it was :P ).

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 6:42 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Yeah the original squad looked pretty solid. Gratz on the effectiveness of the squad.

ImageImage