Post subject: Vader's Spy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:25 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Lord Vader 71
Nyna Calixte 18
Ozzel 11
100 points, 3 activations

Recon, Reserves 20, Lord Vader (who kills everything). LV shouldnt have much of a problem with JH's at 100, unless like 3 of them have based him. Bane isnt that big of a problem, Nyna will help make sure that you win init to kill Bane. Missing: door control, activations, shooter support, other things I cant think of :P

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post subject: Re: Vader's Spy
PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2008 11:57 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Well for starters bane IS a problem doing 40-50 damage to vader with a LS throw and up to 100 in a single round needing only 2s while vader needs 6s.

And vs JHs they WILL swarm you all 3 of them Nyna and Ozzel won't be able to hurt them most of the time thanks to crab armor and the JHs need 8s to hit vader for 20 30 with a shaper and vader can only do 10 back most likely.

3 Activations just doesnt cut it and Lord Vader just doesnt have what it takes in 100 to compete with big boys like Bane.

Plus any shooter squad will rip you to shreds before you even get across the board.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:22 am 
Mandalore
Mandalore

Vader Vs a Jedi Hunter. Lightsaber Assault + Sith Rage = 80 damage to the VJH. I think they have 70 Hp. The optimized build has 3 of them, so You probably have to take some backlash of 120 damage. but if you out activate with Ozzel and assault at the end of the round, THEN win initiative you can take out 2 and the backlash is only 60.

Most of the time the Vong swarms will kill you.

As for Bane, Vader vs Bane is an uphill battle. You have to win ititiative after you have assaulted him. I think this squad would perform better if you dropped Nyna in favor of either Lando, Dashing Scoundrel, or a Storm Commando. I also do not think that Ozzel is a viable option in a 100 point format unless you are getting some SERIOUS advantage from it. I think that:

Ozzel
Piet
Mas
15x Raxus Prime Trooper

Is a perfectly legitimate squad option in 100, but if it isnt that or something like it I think Ozzel is wasted points.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2008 7:56 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Just drop Ozzel and go with 2 Ugos and a Gran raider. Ozzel isn't helping you enough, and even with Nyna, you only have a 9.75% chance of getting reserves each round. Sure, if you get the Reserves roll it would be nice, but I think you'll be much better off with just the activations.

Against the Vong JH's, remember that Vader will get to use Dark Armor against every one of their attacks, so on average, a JH will do a total of 30 damage to Vader in one round, 50 with a Shaper, but from what I've seen so far, the Shaper's aren't all THAT popular at 100 points yet. And against a JH Swarm with a Shaper, I'd be content to use Leap and Rage to off the Shaper first. The remaining JH's would be semi-easy pickings at that point.

It's not a terribly bad build, in all honesty. I think it will struggle against a few other 100 point options (like LV, Probe Droid, Sith Witch/Storm Commando might be interesting). But like 90% of 100 point squads, it will all come down to dice rolls, and probably 1 or 2 crucial initiatives.