PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:06 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

40 Jedi Hunter x2
26 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter x2
21 Shaper
06 Advance Scout
06 Ugnaught x2

Basically the Kel Dor soften up the targets while the JHs move into position for some swift melee hits, backed up by the Shaper.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject: Re: My attempt at Vong
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

One thing I learned playing against the KDBH's this weekend.....they don't do THAT good of a job at softening up targets. Their 10 damage, even though the +12 makes it almost automatic, is so little most of the time, that I had absolutely no problem at all just giving up an AoO and going after the higher profile targets. Sure, the 10 damage adds up over time, but a single Lightsaber Throw with Rage from Bane will kill a KDBH, so I wouldn't depend too much on 'softening up' targets with them.

Now of course, it still takes Bane longer to kill to YVJH, then it does for them to kill him (if they hit him consistently, that is), so you're probably just fine still. I'd be more worried about things like Boba BH, as he can kill your KDBHs the second they poke their head out from anywhere.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 9:19 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I really want to find a good use for the KDBH but like Lobo said they just dont crank out enough damage.

Esp if we will be seeing a lot of Vong JH running around post LotF!!!!

[spoiler="Nomi's Severed Force List"]After Two Game's Played:
Luke Hoth Pilot Unleashed
Master Kota[/spoiler]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:11 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I tried Keldors with Calixte, Jabba CL, and Mas. Gave them superstealth and cunning. If you win initiative (and you very well may with Calixte giving recon) you are shooting at uniques at +20 for 20 damage. And obviously, they have to base you to attack, making SD 40 that much more dangerous. Obviously disruptive will strip the superstealth, but it still doesn't negate that explosion.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:24 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Admiral Ace wrote:
I tried Keldors with Calixte, Jabba CL, and Mas. Gave them superstealth and cunning. If you win initiative (and you very well may with Calixte giving recon) you are shooting at uniques at +20 for 20 damage. And obviously, they have to base you to attack, making SD 40 that much more dangerous. Obviously disruptive will strip the superstealth, but it still doesn't negate that explosion.

Nice squad, but what does that have to do with this thread?

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:27 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Admiral Ace wrote:

The two best options I can see for Kel Dors making use of that Self Destruct is via superstealth or using them offensively with Muun tactics broker. Run them up next to their big guys at the end of the round, then during init blow that as the MTB target :)

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 11:50 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Back to the OP.....I'd put in a 3rd Vong JH and remove Kel Dor BH since the Vong are so damn absorbent. You'd likely have 3X the HP of most other squads at 100 :atat: Boba would still be a bit of a pain, but maybe you could bug'em to death when you win init and then use the 2nd and/or 3rd JH to lay down 40 damage a piece on the non Jedi piece. Boba would almost require a disintegration to win.

The shaper is really vulnerable to accurate shot though :x

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:13 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Boris wrote:
40 Jedi Hunter x2
21 Shaper
06 Advance Scout
06 Ugnaught x2

Basically the Kel Dor soften up the targets while the JHs move into position for some swift melee hits, backed up by the Shaper.

I really doubt this I'd the best VJH squad at 100. The KelDors are cool and all, but are a bad choice for this build IMHO. A Shaper at 100 needs to be abused. The Shaper and 3 JH's is what I'd recommend for a base. From there you have 19 points to do what you want.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:31 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

thejumpingflea wrote:
Boris wrote:
40 Jedi Hunter x2
21 Shaper
06 Advance Scout
06 Ugnaught x2

I really doubt this I'd the best VJH squad at 100. The KelDors are cool and all, but are a bad choice for this build IMHO. A Shaper at 100 needs to be abused. The Shaper and 3 JH's is what I'd recommend for a base. From there you have 19 points to do what you want.

So maybe something like this:

60 Jedi Hunter x3
13 Kel Dor Bounty Hunter
21 Shaper
06 Ugnaught x2

I just would hate to bring a team of knife-packers to a blaster fight.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 12:45 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, in most cases, even if you do bring all melee characters, it's only going to hurt you on REALLY open maps. And even then, you still have the YVJH's decent defense, and freakin' Crab Armor to keep them alive. Mustafar (or Ossus if it becomes legal) will be your biggest problem, but any other map, you can advance without too much trouble towards the center. Death Star is the only other one that I can see giving you grief. Also, you'll just have to be willing to give up a few rounds of gambit while you position yourself.

Against Boba BH, you pretty much just resign yourself to the fact that the Shaper probably won't last more than one round of combat. But you use that one round (if possible) to wail on Boba. And then, like punxnbutter pointed out, you can annoy the heck out of them with Thud Bug at that point.

think I might be inclined to take 2 Advanced Scouts instead of the KDBH. Sure it's a great shooter for 10 damage, good for picking off Ugos or something, but it'll still get smoked by an Accurate Shooter, and probably long before it does any real damage. IMO, those KDBH's are only going to be great in Super Stealth squads of some sort (though might be fun in Thrawn builds, as swap fodder that isn't likely to be killed by AoOs). Anyways, 2 Scouts would give you 2 extra Thud Bug tossers so that you wouldn't have to trade the 20-40 damage from a YVJH to do the Thudding. Even so, it's pretty scary that 2 YVJHs can easily wipe Boba from the map, at less than 2/3 of his cost. And a YVJH is fully capable of killing a JWM in a 1 on 1 battle.