Mark forums read

Which squad do you like the best?
Poll ended at Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:13 am
Total votes : 0

Post subject: What to play tonight...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:13 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Just want some opinions. We're doing 100 points at ACME tonight. First time we've done 100 since TFU came out, so I'm really having a tough time deciding what to try out. Let me know whatcha think. :D

Squad #1: Bespin Reunion (probably use Cloud City or Mos Eisley for map)

Fett Mercenary
Lando DS
Leia Senator
Caamasi Noble
Ugo x2

Pretty straight forward. When you win init, you move Fett out 6 with Intuition, shoot twice with Cunning, then use Leia's CE to hid again. Then Lando can do his Mobile thing later in the round.

Squad #2: Variation on a Shaak Ti Theme (and 2a, 2b, etc....)

Shaak Ti JM +

2a: Han ST, Lando DS, MCTS, Ugo x2. Pretty self-explanatory. Han can take care of scrub activations well. Shaak gets in early hits, Lando cleans-up at the end of the round.

2b: Han Rogue, Rauntaun, MCTS, Ugo x2. Han and Rauntaun give good init control, and hopefully lend to 60 from Shaak and then a Combine Fire for 50 from Han at the right time.

2c: Qui-Gon JM, R2-Doombot, Ugo x3. Hopefully Qui-Gon bites it first. Then Shaak is a beast against any melee units

2d: Aurra Sing, R2-Doombot, Ugo x2. Little ranged support for Shaak Ti. Doombot helps either Shaak or Aurra get in position for critical rounds.

I've also thought about trying out Flea's Swiss Army Knife, as I haven't played that yet, or possibly seeing if I could get lucky with the Kazdan/Qui-Gon JM combo. Not sure I trust my dice that much though. :P

Post subject: Re: What to play tonight...
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:27 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

In a 100 point game I don't think there are enough rounds to use Kazdan effectively.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 9:32 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LESHIPPY wrote:
In a 100 point game I don't think there are enough rounds to use Kazdan effectively.

Yeah, I'm not sure either, but several people have tossed around the possibility. Plus, if Qui-Gon goes down before Kazdan, then he gets the ability to double Block/Deflect, which is pretty decent. Like I said, it's very dependent on you rolling some Droid Reserves in the first 2 or 3 rounds (and probably needing 2 sets of reserves at that).

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 2:29 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I had a hard time picking between 1 and 2D, but went with 2D. I love the idea of r2 towing around Aurra, so she gets Careful, or Shaak so she can lay down the hurt or get away from a major Beat.

Have fun tonight.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:56 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Good luck with whatever you pick, but I want to point out the Leia/Boba trick doesn't work because you have to end the character's move within 6 squares of Leia in order to move 2 more squares. If the character doesn't move, then he can't move 2 more.

Unless they changed the ruling...

Going to look.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:58 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Here, this is from the FAQ:

Quote:

Q: In order to benefit from Princess Leia, Senator's commander effect, a follower must "end its move" within 6 squares of Leia. If a follower doesn't actually move during the normal part of its turn, can it still benefit from Leia's commander effect and move 2 extra squares? For example, can a follower who is already within 6 squares of Leia stand still, make an attack against an enemy, and then move 2 squares using Leia's commander effect? The Savage glossary definition makes it sound like moving 0 squares counts as moving: ". . . it can move 0 squares and thus 'end its move' next to that enemy."

A: A follower must move at least 1 square before the end of its turn to benefit from Princess Leia, Senator's commander effect. The Savage glossary definition is misleading and should not be interpreted as allowing moves of 0 to count toward Leia's commander effect. We'll clean that entry up in future products.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 4:29 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I like the reliable Shaak-Ti and Qui-gon squad. Beastly against a lot of things, and can really hurt bane and others.

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 5:02 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Boris wrote:
Good luck with whatever you pick, but I want to point out the Leia/Boba trick doesn't work because you have to end the character's move within 6 squares of Leia in order to move 2 more squares. If the character doesn't move, then he can't move 2 more.

Unless they changed the ruling...

Going to look.

Bah....cool. Thanks for letting me know that. I didn't realize that this particular interaction worked that way. I knew you could use Garm and Leia to give Boba Merc or Jango that extra movement, but it's because Garm is letting them move in the first place. So....guess I better replace Leia in that squad if I play it. :P

I actually think I'm leaning mostly toward one of the Shaak squads anyways.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 6:03 pm 
Mandalore
Mandalore

I like Shaak with Han Rogue, the chance at initiative every turn is nice. And if Shaak wins initiative You get her marvelous double attack with cunning.

ImageImage

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

How did it turn out?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 5:51 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Doh! forgot to post a report :P

I ended up playing Swiss Army Knife. Was kind of thinking to try the Shaak/Aurra combo otherwise, but changed my mind at the last minute. Good thing too, as I went 3-0. :D

I'll try to remember to post a full report in the Tourney Reports section later.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 9:35 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

How much did you use Tarkin in your tourney? What did you face? Glad to hear you did well!!

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:09 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I used Tarkin at least twice that I can remember. Once to take down a JWM at the beginning of a round, and then again later in the same game to wipe out Boba BH.

Ohh....used him a couple times in the game vs. Boba Enforcer/JWM x2 as well, since all pieces from both squads kind of came together en masse near the center of rancor pit. Allowed Tarkin to hide in that hallway pretty good and have LOS to all sorts of stuff.

Don't remember if I used him in the first game at all, but it wouldn't have mattered much. Opponent was a new player running Ozzel, Piett, Star Destroyer Officer, and a slew of Imp Navy Troopers. Needless to say, on Death Star, my SCs just hide behind a wall and pummeled his troops.