logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:38 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Okay, how bout we get this more back on topic. The flaw in the comment was pointed out, so time to move on.

Obviously as was pointed out the thread just dropped to page 2, happens.

the subject is Mini's and possibilities of lead.

While i think the possibilites is small, sure it might be, but as currently it's limited so far to a small # of factories in china making purely Mattel stuff that were aware, we'll just have to wait n see if any instances involving hasbro stuff is involved.

[spoiler="crap"]
Quote:
MediocreMind
Support bacteria - it's the only culture some people have!

Code:
DCI Ranking
Star Wars Miniatures Constructed (as of 2008-09-15)
1826 rating   64 matches   21 events   
    37  All   33  North America   7  Canada   1  CA-Ontario   
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:26 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Okay, I made a mistake, I didn't check the Wizards Forum, it's not been deleted, just buried, and I worded my response badly.

I was not trying to accuse Wizards of having harmful toxins in their products.
What I was trying to point out is that you won't get any official answer from WOTC, at least not on their message boards. The only time I can recall WOTC taking strong action is to the A&E leak info. A couple of sets ago thre was rumour that some European countries had banned the minis, I've no idea if this was true. I found it odd because the EU would surely ban them across the whole of Europe if they were dangerous, but they were readily available here in the UK*. WOTC made no comment at the time on this, so I really can't see them answering this now, at least not on their forums.

The poster on WOTC says he did call WOTC and their answer was, I quote, "according to the representative from WOTC with whom I spoke on the phone, there is NOT lead in the paint used for our miniatures."

* At the time the claimed side-effects from the minis toxins, according to many scare monger websites, included Cancer. I developed Cancer after I started collecting Star Wars minis (I'm clear now), so I did look into the evidence of this in detail. I DO NOT believe there is any such link with cancer and I still collect SWM and the occasional DDM. In fact I think there's as much chance of catching Cancer form a plastic minis as there is catching Tomb Rot. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 8:44 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Fox wrote:
Okay, how bout we get this more back on topic. The flaw in the comment was pointed out, so time to move on.

Obviously as was pointed out the thread just dropped to page 2, happens.

the subject is Mini's and possibilities of lead.

While i think the possibilites is small, sure it might be, but as currently it's limited so far to a small # of factories in china making purely Mattel stuff that were aware, we'll just have to wait n see if any instances involving hasbro stuff is involved.

The reason that it's been isolated to Mattel is because they own the factories too; don't give them a free pass to blame the Chinese. It's all about money and pushing the envelope with saftey. Welcome to pure capitalism / end rant

I'm kind of surprised it just fell off and no official response was given.