Here's the 1st draft (I haven't played it yet):

Master Kota, 55
Obi-Wan Kenobi, 38
Mas Amedda, 8
Bith Black Sun Vigo X2, 40
R2-D2 Astromech Droid, 9

150 pts
6 activtions

Light on activations, I know, but the concept is to run the Vigos out with Kenobi for the 1st wave. Then, use what's left of Kenobi and a Full HP Kota w/ R2 to finish.
When Kenobi dies, I figure Kota would have at least 5 - 8 force points and then Kenobi would give him 8 more.

Any thoughts?

****ALSO***** (big also)
Is there ANYTHING I could use that might work instead of R2. I know, he's like a crucial piece, but I don't have the funds right now to buy him. My thoughts are, no, this squad would totally suck without him.

Thx!!

Post subject: Re: Need help with a 150 pt Kota squad
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 3:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Well, first thing that jumps out at me is this isn't a DCI legal squad, since you're mixing the Republic and Rebel factions. Of course, if that's cool at your store, then no problem. ;)

R2-Astromech is really a key piece in utilizing Kota Force Repulse to it's fullest. So, if that is your purpose here, then yes, you'll want to try to get R2-Astromech. If you play Republic squads much at all, R2-Astromech is a must have piece for most Republic squads.

2nd thing I see though, is that Kota's CE is being wasted here, and thus you don't need Mas Amedda. The BBSV's can't use Kota's CE because they aren't followers. And depending on what pieces you have in your collection, there are a lot of better things to use than 2 BBSVs. They're decent, but you're better off using just 1, and then using some other pieces with Stealth like Aqualish Assassins (which then also benefit from their Black Sun special ability).

Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 8:16 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Duh.. I totally forgot that Obi-Wan was republic. I could use the Qui-Gonn with the force spirit 6 and be DCI legal.... no prob.

Thx for your info, but I have 1 question... why are the BBSVs not "followers"?

Kota's CE says fringe followers... what am I missing?

Thx for your help!

***EDIT***
I read the rule book and also forgot the BBSVs have CEs. I do have some Assasins so I may try them. I also have 4-LOM which is only 1 point more than the BBSVs. What do you think of the Defel Spy? I really like his abilities.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 9:58 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

you need to look at he pieces you are using and figure in how they COMPLEMENT each other-

Kota is great with FRINGE Followers-
I see what you are trying to do with having a FS dump- but something a little easier can be done with Yoda of Dagobah-

the Defels ALREADY have evade- and need to be away from other pieces to get their bonus on attacks-

since you're low(ish) on activations you may want to look at who can take advantage of that-
Rodian Sc. = gains evade from BBSV and is juiced up by Kota
Lando DS = already has evade, boosted attack and Def by Kota, Oppu. is even better served and he's mobile
Ayy Vadea(sp?) has cunning, and stealth, and is boosted by Kota and BBSV

Something else to think over
Door Controll- yes R2 astro but perhaps Lobot to help customize your squad of Fringe Followers
R2/3PO as analternative to help AGAINST enemy CE, and to Draw Fire away from Kota to survive a little longer

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:44 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

The Madman wrote:
you need to look at he pieces you are using and figure in how they COMPLEMENT each other-

Kota is great with FRINGE Followers-
I see what you are trying to do with having a FS dump- but something a little easier can be done with Yoda of Dagobah-

the Defels ALREADY have evade- and need to be away from other pieces to get their bonus on attacks-

since you're low(ish) on activations you may want to look at who can take advantage of that-
Rodian Sc. = gains evade from BBSV and is juiced up by Kota
Lando DS = already has evade, boosted attack and Def by Kota, Oppu. is even better served and he's mobile
Ayy Vadea(sp?) has cunning, and stealth, and is boosted by Kota and BBSV

Something else to think over
Door Controll- yes R2 astro but perhaps Lobot to help customize your squad of Fringe Followers
R2/3PO as analternative to help AGAINST enemy CE, and to Draw Fire away from Kota to survive a little longer

Great help!! Thx
Unfortunately this tourney is in a week and I just started playing 2 months ago.. so I'm kinda limited on pieces. Also, the reason I want R2 really isn't for door control, but more for yanking Kota into a group 12 squares away so he can blast everyone (Including R2, I know) for 50.

The pieces I have are:
Kota
Mas
Vigo x1
R2D2 Astro (should have him by the tourney)

It's a DCI tourney with free entry so I'm not too concerned about winning. I just want the free promos!! LOL

Thx everyone for your help...I'll let you know how I do and what squad I end up running. :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 11:25 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

well
on the brighter side..
this is a good bunch to make some trades with and add to your collection without going broke