logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rebel/Fringe grenade/ranged squad.
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 8:24 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Rebel/Fringe - 200
Han, Reb Hero 35
Lobot 27
Lando, Hero 23
Rodian Vigo 24
Xizor 40
Rebel Commando X3 42
BS Thug 8

Med Droid – RF 0
BS Thug - RF 0

This is one of my favorate squads to play, it's a lot of fun. It takes advantage of Xizor's grenade ability combining it with the Rebel Commandos. The BS thugs are great ranged guys espically under good leadership and cost you very little.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 9:49 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think you are trying to do way too much and have diluted every aspect of the squad. You only have 3 weak people for grenades (barring reinforcements) and only four not so good shooters to give the accurate too.
Han and Lando don't really help anyone and don't have enough back-up to justify them as just figs.

Figure out what you want the squad to do and focus it.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:37 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Again Sith, I've met with great success with the squad. It's wide enough to do a bit of everything and does very well as a ranged monster. I've killed plenty of unis with those not so good shooters.

I think you need to try some, "out of the box" squads Sith, it might give you a wider view of the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:05 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

ok, so what have you beaten on what map and how good was your opponent? I dont see anything that would threaten much. Jedi, mobile, and stealth are all going to give it fits.

Me think outside of the box? You are talking to the man that brought Master Yoda, CS Jinn and wookiees to Gencon. I run squads rather regularly with no shooters what so ever. I don't do "in-the-box".

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:06 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Mandalorian wrote:
Again Sith, I've met with great success with the squad. It's wide enough to do a bit of everything and does very well as a ranged monster. I've killed plenty of unis with those not so good shooters.

I think you need to try some, "out of the box" squads Sith, it might give you a wider view of the game.

...... Out of the box you say???? I think it helps when you know who you are talking to. He runs wookiee swarms, Wookiee BG squads, and Unique republic jedi.....

The success you have had has not been based on the strength of your squad. Its not very good for 200pts, and Sith already told you why in veyr nice constructive terms Your semi rude response makes it look like you are not interested in real critique, and that you dont really know what you are talking about. I suggest rereading his posts and checking out some of his squads.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 5:16 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

billiv15 wrote:
Mandalorian wrote:

...... Out of the box you say???? I think it helps when you know who you are talking to. He runs wookiee swarms, Wookiee BG squads, and Unique republic jedi.....

The success you have had has not been based on the strength of your squad. Its not very good for 200pts, and Sith already told you why in veyr nice constructive terms Your semi rude response makes it look like you are not interested in real critique, and that you dont really know what you are talking about. I suggest rereading his posts and checking out some of his squads.

SithDragon is one of the MOST out of the box players I know! The big factor with the success of your squad is what your competition is like. Sure you can beat the 10 year old kids at your LGS, but if you take the time to play a game on Vassal with this you will see what a wider view of the game truly is.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 7:38 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Well, I would be the type of person to tell Yoda that :)