logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: I hope I win the map roll . . .
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:45 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The Hoth Rod
-----
Luke's Snowspeeder [45]
Chewbacca of Hoth [22]
Princess Leia [20]
R2-D2 [8]
Rebel Trooper [5]
-----
Total: 100 w/ 5 activations

Ok, so this squad seems to work quite well; provided you win map roll. Luke's speeder is very hard to take down and Leia gives it the damage it needs to perform in the 100 world. Chewie is a great figure for the perfect pitstop for Luke, a little extra damage on an attack for Luke, or something that is often overlooked; another follower for Leia. Combine fire on one shot with Chewie (and Deadeye) and he shoots at a +12 for 30 damage. Use Leia's CE and then you shoot again at a +12 for 30 damage. That is really not bad, especially at 100. (Although most of the time you should be using that CE on the speeder!)

Overall I think it is a solid build with Leia and Chewie, although if you lose map roll then it is all over.

(Also, what do you guys think of the way I wrote out the squad? Click the links in there names!!)

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Last edited by thejumpingflea on Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 1:50 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Very nice squad. I like the versatility that it has. Bane will have a hard time taking this one down, with Luke's 16 square flight mobile.

This squad definitely has a place at 100pts! :)

Also, I really like the way you wrote the figs! The Archives are a wonderful tool that way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:04 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

what is your map choice?

Post subject: at 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:17 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I've been toying with a squad like this for a while, but never had a chance to use it.

I was actually thinking of using a 150 squad and along with what you have, add in Han, stormtrooper (Luke's Snowspeeder can move 32 and twin attack!) and Juno Eclipse (for disruptive).

With that kind of movement, the snowspeeder should be able to get back and forth to chew easily within hindrace.

Add some fodder for activations and I think it's a great squad.

:)

Post subject: 150 Hoth Rod Squad
PostPosted: Mon Dec 24, 2007 9:27 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Luke's snowspeeder
Han Solo in Stormtrooper armour
Princess Leia
Chewbacca of Hoth
2-1B
R2-D2 and C-3PO
Ewok

It's a bit low on activations, but would be fun to play. 2-1B is there to keep Princess Leia and Han alive a bit longer and R2-PO gives multiples strategic options with another industrial repair for the snowspeeder (potential for 30 HP repaired per round!), draw fire (in critical moments) and disruptive (always helpful).

Post subject: Re: I hope I win the map roll . . .
PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:30 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

i think this is funny. give me some props at least. i posted the first snowspeeder squad on, if i'm not mistaking. but i like the ideal. i have been winning a lot of matches on gvl with this version of luke.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:32 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

my map of choice is yavin4. or palpatine ship.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 9:43 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

dargo6998 wrote:
i think this is funny. give me some props at least. i posted the first snowspeeder squad on, if i'm not mistaking. but i like the ideal. i have been winning a lot of matches on gvl with this version of luke.

You posted a squad with Luke's speeder that had Leia in it as well? If so, I am sorry, I must have over looked it. Just because you posted a squad with a piece in it doesn't mean that you are the only person to ever make a squad with it either. You cannot take credit for a piece, I am pretty sure it was made to be put in squads... (Like every other piece in this game)

I am not surprised you have had success with it in the GVL. You must have not played on the wrong side of Bespin yet though.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo