logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Marmalade Dog Con planning
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:30 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think it is time to get some more input.

First, Marmalade Dog is a local gaming convention held at WMU's campus in Kalamazoo. I have run quite a few events there over the years (didn't last year though), and I thought it would be time to have a good SWM showing. It is being held March 28-30 this year, and I am planning on having SWM events all three days. Here is my tentative plans (depending on when they decide the times the cons are actually open :roll: )

Fri: Tournament @ 5:00 pm
Sat: Hoth Battle @ 11:00 AM
Tournament @ 4:00 pm
Sun: Tournament @ Noon

Things I am looking for: who is willing to come on what days, and what point formats they want the tournaments. I am looking at one of each point level. I am also curious as to which tournament to make the "main" tournament, where I will put most of my effort for prize support. Also, the more interest I get, the more prize support I will be willing to go out an get.

Keep in mind, for point formats, I will be taking locals opinions more to heart, but all input will be helpful. Oh, and all tournaments should be DCI legal, unless I screw things up as a Tournament Organizer. I will probably remake this into the official thread once I get things rolling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 11:53 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

When I saw the title of this thread the first thing I did was check who posted it because I was thinking it was some idiot spammer. How did the convention get a name like that?

Post subject: Re: Marmalade Dog planning
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 8:24 am 
General
General

How big of a Con is it? I mean to ask from how far away is it a worthy trip? And more importantly: are there good bars in Kalamazoo? It looks like a $500 trip for flight and room... not too bad.
Sithborg wrote:
I think it is time to get some more input.

First, Marmalade Dog is a local gaming convention held at WMU's campus in Kalamazoo. I have run quite a few events there over the years (didn't last year though), and I thought it would be time to have a good SWM showing. It is being held March 28-30 this year, and I am planning on having SWM events all three days. Here is my tentative plans (depending on when they decide the times the cons are actually open :roll: )

Fri: Tournament @ 5:00 pm
Sat: Hoth Battle @ 11:00 AM
Tournament @ 4:00 pm
Sun: Tournament @ Noon

Things I am looking for: who is willing to come on what days, and what point formats they want the tournaments. I am looking at one of each point level. I am also curious as to which tournament to make the "main" tournament, where I will put most of my effort for prize support. Also, the more interest I get, the more prize support I will be willing to go out an get.

Keep in mind, for point formats, I will be taking locals opinions more to heart, but all input will be helpful. Oh, and all tournaments should be DCI legal, unless I screw things up as a Tournament Organizer. I will probably remake this into the official thread once I get things rolling.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:49 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

That is quite a name. When I read the thread title Con was not what I thought of.

How did it get that name?

Maybe. Just maybe my boys can protect the book. Yeah, and maybe I'm a Chinese jet pilot.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 12:59 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ok....we're gonna edit that thread title. Too many people getting confused, lol. It does look really odd. Sithbord, if you don't like how I change it, feel free to make it something else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2007 9:10 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

The Lafayette, IN crew might show up. We don't play again until after the new year, so I will try to talk it up.

Post subject: Re: Marmalade Dog Con planning
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:32 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So info is off to the con organizers. I will be sending my info off to WOTC for support in the next week or so. If I get enough interest, I may be willing to get some more prize support.

It looks like it will be:

Fri: 100
Sat: 150
Sun: 200

Don't forget, post what you are interested in attending, so I can budget prize support correctly.