logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: JediCartographers "bright Idea"
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:21 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

As you all may know, or may not know, My Map 6 pack is steaming ahead. I thought it would be a nice touch to add some Custom Scenarios to the pack. Obviously withouth the whole thing finished yet, its hard to complete.

However, 2 Maps are Completed that are defintley going to be in the Pack.

Do any of you geniuses, want to whip up some funscenarios, using The Theed Map and The new mandalorian Camp map?

SOme Ideas:

Theed
Qui Gon and Obi escape Naboo
Naboo Soldiers vs Battle Droids
remember Theed doesn't neccsarily have to be Theed For aScenario!

Dxun

Boba Fett and The Mandalorians Defend there Camp against the Vong
A mandalorian War scenario Mandalorians Vs Old Republic.
Basilisk vs Telosian Tank Droid scenario?

Anyways, feel free to dig in, PM me some good ones!

-JC

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 2:44 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Oooh, a Mando vs. Vong would be cool. Could even be some like, extremely overwhelming Vong forces. Unfortunately, I'm not that great at coming up with scenarios. Though if someone puts together the general idea, I'll definitely chip in when I can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:48 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

It's a very cool idea Matt,

But i would strongly suggest you don't market the Scenarios WITH the map map. Specially if you want to avoid as many possible legal hassles as possible.

I love the idea, but minute you add them in, you've created what is basically a better "ultimate missions" book, one that would likely sell better then the existing line which in any corps view would constitute a viable threat.

and that's the trick to staying off lawyers radar, being a non threat.

[spoiler="crap"]
Quote:
MediocreMind
Support bacteria - it's the only culture some people have!

Code:
DCI Ranking
Star Wars Miniatures Constructed (as of 2008-09-15)
1826 rating   64 matches   21 events   
    37  All   33  North America   7  Canada   1  CA-Ontario   
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 6:05 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

yeah, maybe we'll keep it on the DL (Down Low for any of you not from the hood)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:02 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

theed must include the best piece of all time...the Flash speeder!!!

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 5:19 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Ha! Its funny you say that because I kept a flash speeder handy while I was making that map. I would work a little and put the speeder up against the screen to make sure it fit ok!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:51 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

Ill help, should we just put them on this thread?

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:51 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

yup

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 7:39 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I can make (or help make) the scenarios if you need help. (I've got alot of experience making custom scenarios). I like the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan escape Naboo, but what if we expanded on that, so that it was:

Republic:
Qui-Gon
Obi-Wan
Queen Amidala
Captain Panaka
Some Naboo soldiers

And they had to get to the hanger, which requires them to go through some Battle Droids

What do you think?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:51 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Vroke wrote:
I can make (or help make) the scenarios if you need help. (I've got alot of experience making custom scenarios). I like the Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan escape Naboo, but what if we expanded on that, so that it was:

Republic:
Qui-Gon
Obi-Wan
Queen Amidala
Captain Panaka
Some Naboo soldiers

And they had to get to the hanger, which requires them to go through some Battle Droids

What do you think?
Good idea; I'd like to see this. I wish Lucas would drop the grudge and make a Panaka though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:53 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

For Panaka, we'd have to use Typho, which isn't that bad.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 10:01 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

or make some custom stats.......

-Thomas Edison

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 18, 2007 3:28 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I've got some ideas for Naboo, nothing finalized yet, and I have to run soon, so will just post ideas.

In Ep 1, Typho talked about "the resistance" (TR)on naboo. I was thinking of doing a resistance scenario. Of course, TR has found out Darth Maul is coming to Naboo, and knows that Nute Gunray is going to meet him in Theed. They want to stage an ambush/assassination attempt.

Squads:
Republic:
Typho
10-12 naboo Soldiers
6 (or more) gungan infantry
1-2 Flash Speeders

Seps:
CS Darth Maul
Nute Gunray
9-10 Security BD's
Many BD's
Possible AAT from Clone Strike Missions book _OR_ Droid Starfighter in Walking Mode.

TR starts anywhere in the L-shaped building on the bottom left of the map. Darth Maul starts on the edge of the map above the fountain, on the outside of the building. Nute and the security droids start at the bottom right of the map, on the stairs in the "table" building awaiting Darth Maul's arrival. BD's can start anywhere in the city, at least 1 square away (not adjacent to) the L-shaped building TR is starting in.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 8:27 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Hothie called from work to have me add this (this nerd :p). He forgot about Battle Droid Officers and STAPs.

1 Battle Droid Officer would start next to Nute Gunray and the STAPs can start anywhere in the open areas, or where the regular Battle Droids can start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2007 4:11 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

OK, here's what I have for Naboo:
(time: 1 hour)
The Separatists have occupied Naboo and it's capital city of Theed. Nute Gunray, the Neimoidian in charge of the planet's blockade is in Theed awaiting the arrival of his Lord's new apprentice, Darth Maul. Some Naboo have managed to escape capture, and have gone underground to form The Resistance (TR). They have learned of Darth Maul's arrival, and are taking the opportunity to try and assassinate Nute Gunray. TR has also learned that an R5 droid is being kept near Nute Gunray, chronicling his exploits in order to boost his prestige among the Neimoidians and gain him power. TR wants to capture that droid to show the universe what is actually happening on their peaceful planet of Naboo.

Squads:
Republic:
Flash Speeder X2 82
Captain Typho 18
Naboo Soldier X9 45
Gungan InfantryX6 54
Total: 199

Separatist:
CS Darth Maul 55
Nute Gunray 30
BD STAP 16
BD Officer 9
Security BDX5 40
Battle DroidX13 52
Total: 202

Other:
R5 Astromech Droid

Set Up:
TR must set up entirely within the L-shaped building at the bottom left of the map. One Flash Speeder must set up on the left half of the building, the other must set up on the bottom part of the building that is separated by the single square door from the other half.

Darth Maul must set up on the edge of the map "above" the fountain, outside of the building. Nute Gunray, the BD Officer, and the Security BD's
must set up on or adjacent to the stairs of the conference room on the lower right side of the map. The R5 droid must start within 6 squares and have line of sight to Nute Gunray. All other BD's and the STAP may start anywhere else on the board, except within or adjacent to the TR building.

Special Conditions:
the bottom left 3X3 corner of the map is the escape route for TR. A TR fighter must enter the 3X3 corner in order to escape and go back underground, living to fight another day. A flash Speeder must be completely covering the 3X3 corner in order to escape. Minis who have escaped are removed from the board and may not re-enter.

Capturing the R5 Droid:
The R5 droid is in the possession of any mini that is adjacent to it and moves with that mini (like Tow Cable, without the flight ability.) In order to capture the R5 droid, ONLY a (or more) mini from your side my be adjacent to it. If a mini from each side is adjacent to the R5 droid, it may not move until there is only 1 side controlling it.
Example: 1 Naboo Soldier and 1 Battle Droid are both adjacent to R5 droid. R5 cannot move. NS shoots BD, kills it, then can move 6 squares, towing the R5 with it. NS ends its move with R5 adjacent to another NS. 2nd NS may now move R5 12 squares if he doesn't attack.

Reserves: If Nute Gunray is alive, the Separatists may get 20 points of battle droids (including security, officer or STAP) if the Separatist player rolls a 1 for initiative.

Victory points:
One Victory point will be awarded to TR for each condition met:
1. Kill Nute Gunray
2. Kill Darth Maul
3. Keep Captain Typho alive
4. Get 6 fighters to escape
5. Capture the R5 droid and bring it underground

One Victory point will be awarded to the Separatist for each condition met:
1. Keep Nute Gunray alive
2. Keep Darth Maul alive
3. Kill Captain Typho
4. Allow less than 6 resistance fighters to escape.
5. Be in control of R5 at the end of the time allotment.

Post subject: Re: JediCartographers "bright Idea"
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 7:38 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Here's what I've been thinking for Dxun: (1.5 hours)

Boba Fett is trying to re-establish the Mandalorian culture at the base on Dxun. He has recruits of different training levels and abilities. Unfortunately, he picked a bad time to train them.
The Yuuzhan Vong are invading the galaxy, spreading their weapons, technology, and religion to every world they encounter. Dxun is the next world in their path. They have heard of some highly trained infidel warriors from this world, and they wish to sacrifice worthy opponents to Yun Yuuzhan.

Squads:
Mandalorians
Boba Fett, Mercenary 58
Basilisk War Droid X2 102
BlademasterX2 36
Mando Commander 28
Mando SoldierX2 32
Mando SupercommandoX2 46
Mando WarriorX2 28
Total: 330

Yuuzhan Vong:
Warmaster 63
YV SubalternX2 34
YV Warrior X8 64
AA Officer X4 44
AA Scout X6 36
Aqualish AssassinX7 (slaves) 49
Gran Raider X10 (slaves) 40
Total: 330

Also needed: 15 Clone Troopers and 15 Stormtroopers

Set Up: The Mandalorians must set up entirely inside the base. The Basilisk War Droids must set up 1 in Pen A and 1 in Pen B. Clone Troopers will be placed by the Mandalorian Player(s) as follows:
2 in Pen A
2 in Pen B
2 in Gate House
2 in Control Room
2 in Atrium
2 in Planning Room
3 in Command Center

The Yuuzhan Vong and slaves will set up entirely outside of the base. The only restriction being every Yuuzhan Vong must have at least 1 slave somewhere between it and a direct line to the wall of the base. However, 3 Yuuzhan Vong may start anywhere inside of the base, as if they were masked before the skirmish starts.

Special Conditions:
Warmaster Tsavong Lah's CE is boardwide.

Capturing Clone Troopers:
The Yuuzhan Vong want to make sacrifices of the Mandalorians. So all Yuuzhan Vong (non-slaves) gain the following abilities to aid in capturing new sacrifices:
Yorik-Kul: Replaces attacks, range of 6, captures target and any Mandalorian or trainee adjacent to the target, save of 11.

Freeing Sacrifices: Replaces turn. A non captured Mandalorian character may move up to double its speed and end its move adjacent to a captured character. For each adjacent captured character the Mandalorian needs to roll an 11 or higher to free the captured character. Freed Mandalorian characters return to the battle with the same health as when they were captured.

Clone Troopers will represent trainees and Stormtroopers will represent sacrifices. Neither unit has the ability to attack, thus cannot make attacks of opportunity. They will act as low lying cover to both sides but neither side can stop on a square occupied by a trainee or a sacrifice. The trainees and sacrifices do not move until all other activations for both sides are done for the round. The Mandalorians must move all trainees six squares in a direct line toward the Barracks, even if it is based by a Yuuzhan Vong character, or must pass by a Vong character. The Vong will be able to capture passing trainees by rolling an 11 or higher. Likewise, the Yuuzhan Vong must move all sacrifices six squares in a direct line toward the Gate House. Again, if they pass a Mandalorian character that character gets an automatic roll (save 11) to try to free the sacrifice. Trainees/sacrifices turned by a "save of opportunity" cannot move until the next round. Once any trainee is inside the barracks, or a sacrifice is outside of the Gate House, it is removed from the board.

Victory Points:
1 Victory Point will be awarded for each Mandalorian goal met:
1.Keep Boba Fett alive
2. Kill Warmaster
3. Get 5 trainees to the Barracks
4. Prevent the Yuuzhan Vong from obtaining 5 sacrifices
5. Kill all Yuuzhan Vong

1 Victory Point will be awarded for each Yuuzhan Vong goal met:
1. Kill Boba Fett
2. Keep Warmaster alive
3. Prevent 5 trainees from getting to the Barracks
4. Capture 5 sacrifices
5. Kill all Mandalorians

This is what I have. If anyone has comments/suggestions please feel free to post them.

http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:07 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Awesome!!

This is getting played very soon!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 4:16 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Cool. Let me know how they run, and if you have any suggestions/comments for improvement.

http://www.desmoinesfanforce.net/Orphans.htm

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:46 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I made up one for your Taris- Midlevel

(time: 1 hour)

Background
With the Sith blockading Taris, tensions are running high in the lower levels. The normally mild turf wars between swoop gangs has been ratcheted up with all of the Sith patrols. The Black Vulkars believe that eliminating the Hidden Beks and driving the Sith out of the lower levels will make them the most feared gang on Taris. The Beks, for their part, see the Vulkars and the Sith as serious threats to be dealt with. Using the annual swoop races as a cover, both sides move against the other. The Sith, however, are determined to keep the peace, even if lethal force is required.

Squads:
Hidden Beks:
Calo Nord - “Bek leader”
119 points of Old Republic or Fringe figures
Total: 150

Black Vulkars:
Dengar, Bounty Hunter - “Vulkar leader”
120 points of Mandalorian or Fringe figures
Total: 150

Set Up:
Roll to determine who sets up first. The winner of the roll selects map side and sets up two of the three Sith checkpoints. ach checkpoint consists of:
1- Chagrian Mercenary Commander. Note, for this scenario, the Sith Assault Droid can benefit from the Chagrian’s Commander effect.
1- Sith Assault Droid
1- Gonk Droid
1- R5 astromech droid.
They are located at: the debris pile near the upper left of the map, the debris pile in the center of the map, and inside the small building in the lower-right corner. Each checkpoint can be set up in any configuration, but most not occupy more than a 3x3 square.

After the checkpoints have been established, each player can deploy his forces. One player must deploy his commander in the upper right “Apartment B”, the other must deploy his commander in the lower left corner. The remainder of their forces can be deployed anywhere on the map. However, they must not be in line of sight of any other allied character.

Special Conditions:
At the beginning, each player may only activate their commander. Once the commander attains line-of-sight to an ally, that ally is now available for activation. The commander does not need to maintain line of sight to that ally- once available for activation, that character will be available for the remainder of the skirmish. Characters also become available for activation after they have been attacked by an enemy unit. Activations follow the same 2 allies per turn rule as normal play.

The Sith Checkpoints: At the end of each turn, both players check each of the 3 sith checkpoints. If any of the swoop gang members within line of site of the checkpoint have made an attack, the opposing player can choose to activate up to 2 units of the checkpoint instead of activating their normal characters. They follow the normal activation rules. However, they will never move so that they are more than 6 squares from any other member of the checkpoint.

Victory points:
One Victory point is awarded for each of the following conditions:
1 points for each Chagrian Mercenary Commander defeated
1 point for each 50 points in opposing swoop gang members defeated, excluding the commanders.
2 points for each Sith Assault Droid defeated
4 points for the opposing swoop gang leader defeated

Let me know what you think!

Basic Studies: 397/540 [RS:51/60, CS:41/60, SITH:47/60, UNV:46/60, COTF:54/60, BH:51/60, AE:51/60, FU:51/60, LF:51/60]
Advanced: 47/102 [ATAT:1/1, ENDOR:4/4, R&I:5/24, SS2007:6/6, HBP:17/17; PROMOS 14/60]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:10 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

For Duxn (i love Mandos) during the Kotor era

A group of Sith led by the Dark Lord Traykan have invaded Duxn in an attempt to crush the Mandalorians, who they now are formidable enemies. They want to remove the Mandalorians as a threat altogether and thought the main base of operations would be a good place to start. This scenario depicts a skirmish between the Mandos and Sith inside the exterior of the Mando base.

Mando
Canderous Ordo, Mandalore 57 (stats here, they have been aprroved by many people as accurate, fair, and balanced viewtopic.php?f=13&t=2126)
Mandalorian Commander 28
Mandalorian Supercommando x4 92
Mandalorian Soldier x2 28
Mandalorian Warrior x2 28
=261 points

Sith

Darth Traykan (Darth Revan) 88
Sith Trooper Commander x2 38
Sith Trooper x10 80
Dark Jedi Master x2 (Traykan's apprentices) 58
=264

Setup
All the Sith must set up outside the base, all the Mandos must set up inside the base, Mandalore must have at least 2 allies adjacent to him during setup, though they may move away during play.

Scenario Rules
Intruder Alert: The Mandalorians may not fire at the Sith forces until they are within 6 squares of the wall's edge.
Dense Fog: A dense fog has settled over the area, all characters targetting enemies more than 6 squares away gain a +2 defense bonus, this stacks with cover and any other defense enhancers
Darth Traykan: Darth Revan loses Master Tactition and Lightsaber Duelist and gains +2 defense, Force Push 2, and Lightsaber Assault
Stand your ground: Non-unique Mandalorians gain Stand Your Ground: (If this character does not move this turn, he gains +2 attack and +2 defense.)

Victory Points

Each team gains the allotted VP's for each objective completed, a team wins when they have defeated the entire enemy force or if they gain 10 VP's.

Mandos
Defeat Darth Traykan: 3 VP
Defeat the Dark Jedi: 1 VP each
Protect Mandalore: Each 2 rounds after Mandalore was first damaged, you gain 1 VP if Mandalore is still alive
Defeat the Intruders: 1 VP for every 50 points of enemies killed

Sith
Defeat Mandalore: 2 VP
Defeat the Supercommandos: 2 VP after all 4 have been killed
Disable the Shields: 2 VP for getting a Sith into the south east room (the one with the green lights) and staying there for 2 rounds without getting killed.
Take the Base: 1 VP for every 50 points of enemies killed

So, this was my first scenario, criticism as well as playtesting would be appreciated (remember, you dont need Revan to use as Traykan, just use his stats with the few changes)

-Thomas Edison