logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Dirty Rotten Scoundrals
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 1:25 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Quick squad I made for my NSLGS's weekly tourny.

Lando, Dashing Scoundral
Han Solo, Scoundral
Princess Leia
Obi-Wan, Force Spirit
Mon Cal Tech x2

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 10:11 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

While powerful, I think that the Han/Leia combo is a bit contradictive. Instead of using Mobile Attack to come out and pop off 40/60 and then get back into hiding, you have to leave him in LOS in order to be able to benefit from Leia's CE. Not only that, but in order to get the bonus from Cunning, you have to do it at, or near, the beginning of the round which leaves him vulnerable to the enemy.

However, with Evade, he can prevent some of the damage that might be dealt to him and you do a good job of strengthening that counter by giving him more Force Points and Mettle, meaning you only need a 7+ to Evade. But you may still want to play defensive because you can't always rely on making those rolls and with him being the main piece in your squad and only having 90HP, a couple of big hits can really cripple your strategy. With that said, I still think this is a very solid squad and is going to do well for you more times than not. The only suggestion I have is to take out 1 or 2 Mon Cal Tech's for 1-2 Ugnaughts so that you have some sort of door control.

GVL Record: 10-7 (58.8% win percentage)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 12:28 am 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I know what you mean with the Han/Leia combo. Having to leave him in a bad spot to make use of her CE was a consideration. I figured it was worth the risk in 100 points since most squads I'd be facing would be one big main piece and some filler. The potential damage from a Han twin, Leia shot, Han's second twin with a FP reroll available for each of the three stages was too good to pass up. A potential 150 points of damage (without crits) from one pair of activations was worth the risk. If that takes down thier big piece I've pretty much won the game already. If not Han does have that Mettle reroll on his Evade to keep him around to do it again.

I was going to use Ugnaughts but almost every time I play I'm the only one who even bothers with door control so I figured I could get away with adding something I could combine fire with instead..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 3:22 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I actually like the squad. Han Scoundrel is a hard piece to play as he is very fragile, but Leia is a must. You don't use her CE until you have a good shot at your opponent with cunning. Until then, you just use Lando and Han to pick at pieces. Leave it and see how it does. Jedi are going to have a very hard time of it.

Check us out over at Pojo.com

"It appears the Bothans have rooked us again."
-Obi wan

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 8:08 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

There are two simple solutions to running Han without keeping him in los.

First, use mobile with Han and Lando early on. Ignore Leia. Save her for the key rounds.

Second, move at the end of the round. Then if you win init, Have Leia activate first. Then Han can move out of los after all four shots plus rerolls have been made.

Ive run this combo a lot and it works great. The key is to get enough fps before you hang out in los of the opponent. It can be tempting to take a first round quad on your opponent, but that often leaves a Han with 0-1 fps in los for an entire round (and perhaps two activations of the next). Evade can fail alot in that scenario. Stay mobile early, and use Leia to put the big hurt on when needed.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 1:23 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Sithdragon13 wrote:
I actually like the squad. Han Scoundrel is a hard piece to play as he is very fragile, but Leia is a must. You don't use her CE until you have a good shot at your opponent with cunning. Until then, you just use Lando and Han to pick at pieces. Leave it and see how it does. Jedi are going to have a very hard time of it.

The squad worked pretty well. If I won iniative I had Han's cunning, if I didn't Lando could get an Oppritunist shot at whatever they used first. The thing I noticed was a tendency to always want to use Han/Leia as a 2 activation set. Going with Han/Lando and waiting for Leia later worked well when Lando would be enough to finish off whatever Han had attacked on his activation. Then if another target became available Leia could move up for a shot herself and give Han his bonus shots then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 6:37 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

In my second game the other guy had a chance to finish off Leia with the second of Jango's double attack. He may have lost the game due to running instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 1:57 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

This is a solid squad. You have some incredible damage output and Cunning/Opportunist. I find using R2P0 can be better then Lando most of the time for the Override and Draw Fire.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 1:08 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I looked at the droid duo, but I have horrible luck at getting Draw Fire to actually work. I went for the extra damage from Lando and it worked out pretty well since the one game I did lose having them wouldn't have helped.