All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

SW Best place its ever been?
Total votes : 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 11:31 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I put "the jury is out", because I can't honestly say that I know one way or another.
Based on what I have heard, yes, it is in the best place. From others, I have heard it's not.

The only reason I dislike TFU is because, whenever I see that somebody has posted a squad, there will always be some reply with "It'll get slaughtered by Kota's Repulse or Loda!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 1:06 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Aeimnestus wrote:
I put "the jury is out", because I can't honestly say that I know one way or another.
Based on what I have heard, yes, it is in the best place. From others, I have heard it's not.

The only reason I dislike TFU is because, whenever I see that somebody has posted a squad, there will always be some reply with "It'll get slaughtered by Kota's Repulse or Loda!"

Thats because some squads could be vulnerable to push or repulse, those force powers can do a lot of damage. When you post a squad it will be critisized(don't know if I spelled that correctly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:41 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Aeimnestus wrote:

The thing is, just about any strategy nowadays has an antithesis that can undermine it for the most part, if not completely. It's not quite rock/paper/scissors, but there are more counters than there have ever been, which makes choosing a squad a lot more tricky and strategic than before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:46 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I think it's in its best spot since RotS, but it will be much better after this next Legacy set. NR/Vong might become stronger players and less of a fringe faction. I'm waiting for a Prequel set to bring my beloved Seps into the meta (and a Grievous that can actually hunt Jedi)

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:53 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I say No. The Rebels and Imperials are overdeveloped, and we have less than 10 figures in some factions. There are now, however, more diverse squads, as we have more characters.

Although we have diverse squads, it seems like most squads have Mara Jade, or Luke and Yoda. Now, almost all RS figures are obsolete, and most CS Jedi are too. RotS is dying quickly, so few of those unique firgues are even played. I'd say that the position was best right after RotS, where we had good Rebel-Imperial-Fringe-Separatist-Republic balance.

Unfortunately, I fear that Legacy of the Force will only worsen this state.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 2:58 pm 
General
General

Aeimnestus wrote:

This is no different with the other releases. There was always the 'you need X activations to counter B&B' or 'You will lose to Bane in 100' or whatever.

I voted no because I see no balance. I see a shift of powers, but that shift is just that. I don't see more squads rising to the top, I see the new meta replacing the old (just like it always has). Time will tell, but I predict there will still be a few dominant squads at every point level that is played in enough tournaments (if 200 picks up more, then I also think it will not be as open as it has been made out to be).

Personally, I think old school B&B has become stronger solely due to the insane number of over the top Force Powers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:00 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Fang wrote:
I say No. The Rebels and Imperials are overdeveloped, and we have less than 10 figures in some factions. There are now, however, more diverse squads, as we have more characters.

Although we have diverse squads, it seems like most squads have Mara Jade, or Luke and Yoda. Now, almost all RS figures are obsolete, and most CS Jedi are too. RotS is dying quickly, so few of those unique firgues are even played. I'd say that the position was best right after RotS, where we had good Rebel-Imperial-Fringe-Separatist-Republic balance.

Unfortunately, I fear that Legacy of the Force will only worsen this state.

I don't see how Legacy could worsen the game, it would have mostly characters from NR/Vong, and maybe some sith and other non OT factions. I don't see how that would hurt the game seeing as those factions don't have many pieces compared to the other factions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:23 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

I'm afraid of Legacy bringing more underdeveloped factions into the set. I don't want to see Galactic Alliance, or Confederation, or New Sith Order. If they just make those figs New Republic, we shoudl be fine...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:26 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Fang wrote:
I'm afraid of Legacy bringing more underdeveloped factions into the set. I don't want to see Galactic Alliance, or Confederation, or New Sith Order. If they just make those figs New Republic, we shoudl be fine...

I really doubt they will make more factions, the last thing SWM needs is more factions.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 3:33 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Fang wrote:

I expect they will just keep GA units the NR. the GA is basically just the NR with a fancy new name anyway. Legacy should see a fleshing out of the Sith faction as well as some nifty new NR Jedi, Imperial Knights, maybe a new Imperial Fel family member, and maybe a vong or two.

I think the expansion of the Mandos and OR will come in the KOTOR set. If they dont get love in that set, they never will

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 4:04 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

They did say no new factions. And the fact that Wolf Sazen seems to have a green card, I imagine GA=NR. Also, Sia appears to have an Imperial card.