General
General

Feb 15-17
http://www.visioncon.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=72

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 19, 2007 4:33 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

You can put LadyHothie and I as tentative right now. We'd like to come, just haven't planned that far ahead yet.

Post subject: Re: SWM Gamers at Vision Con
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:12 am 
The Godfather
The Godfather

dnemiller wrote:
We are also looking at a possible addition of league play that will be run similar to the one ran by Pastimes at Gencon (Yes Jim I am more than willing to steal a good idea.

Although I would love to take credit for the idea of league play, I really can't. Any ideas that I do have, by the way, are always open to have stolen!!!!

Please pass along details as you have them. I would love to come over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:43 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

That really stinks! We were hoping to come down for this :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Save your money you were going to spend for this trip and come to Egyptian Campaign in Carbondale IL instead in April. Moses can confirm the actual dates.

There will be a plethora of SWM events hosted by the man myth legend Moses2813 (you know, the head SWM organizer at GenCon Indy in August), so it's guaranteed to be a great schedule of events. :D

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:05 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Well, it's closer than Springfield(by a bit), and we'd drive right by my mum's place so that could work. As long as I don't have class that weekend. These weekend classes are already cramping my style and they haven't even started yet! :p

EDIT: I lied, it would be a longer trip by at least two hours. Then again maybe we won't be going :|

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dnemiller wrote:
Lady Hothie....

Why dont you and Hothie check on going to the Cape Giradeau Con? I think the Miller clan is planning on going to that.... You will love meeting Jim if you have not yet...

I would hope you would come to E-Con instead, Dean. Last year Comic Con was a single event in a crowed room with limited play space for the tournament. We drove there and back in a single day, from about as far away as you will be.

E-Con is a 3-day event, and there will be more time for side games, not to mention more scheduled events over the whole weekend, and alot more space to spread out to boot.

On a side note, because Comic Con and E-Con are in the same month, I will not be attending at Cape for the reasons stated.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:58 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dnemiller wrote:
arrrhghghghgh!!!!

you are making things tough on me aren't you....

man!!!!! You will have to give me more info..... is there gonna be league play?

LMAO @ league play.

E-Con is way too small for league play. But there will be a battle of Hoth, a 150, a 200, and possibly a sealed event using LotF.

I am also thinking about a RPG session of Saga Edition Friday night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:51 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

dnemiller wrote:
ok....

uhh the rpg thing.... you might as well have a seminar on quantum physics as I have no idea how to play

That's okay. Most RPG players don't have any idea either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:27 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Engineer wrote:
dnemiller wrote:
ok....

uhh the rpg thing.... you might as well have a seminar on quantum physics as I have no idea how to play

That's okay. Most RPG players don't have any idea either.

LOL, so true. After 15 years of RPGing, I have found that 9 times out of 10 you make it up on the fly.

The one good thing about convention RPG events, Dean, is that you don't have to know how to play. The characters are pre-generated and distributed at the start of the scenario.

And at E-Con, there's only a fee to get in the show. All of the events are free. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 7:50 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Cape is still about 7.5 hours away, doable and it looks like we'd go through St. Louis. Don't you guys do stuff in Mid-MO or St. Louis? :-p Where's E-Con? All I could find on a google search was stuff on Economics.

I wouldn't mind an RPG session. Hothie and I had fun with goofing playing that at C4 a bit (granted we did it so we could get the square base E-Webs, but still).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2007 8:02 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Lady Hothie wrote:
Cape is still about 7.5 hours away, doable and it looks like we'd go through St. Louis. Don't you guys do stuff in Mid-MO or St. Louis? :-p Where's E-Con? All I could find on a google search was stuff on Economics.

I wouldn't mind an RPG session. Hothie and I had fun with goofing playing that at C4 a bit (granted we did it so we could get the square base E-Webs, but still).

Sorry, E-Con is our nickname for it. It's actually called Egyptian Campaign. You can find very limited info about it here:

http://www.egyptiancampaign.com/

They usually start posting stuff in mid-January, after the new school semester starts (this is an SIU-sponsored event).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 11:31 am 
The Godfather
The Godfather

Lady Hothie wrote:

ECon or Egyptian Campaign is a convention that is held annually at the University of Southern Illinois at Carbondale. Carbondale is about 1 3/4 hours southeast of St. Louis. The area has a connection with Egypt (can't really explain that) so the mascot at the University is a Saluki, which is an Egyptian dog.

Anyway, some University activities group (don't know the name) runs the convention. I moved to the area about 3 years ago and began running the SW Minis events after finding out the guy who was to run the events the first year I attended did not show up. This coming April I was going to run events only on Saturday. However, if a significant group of players are to attend there is time to schedule other events for SW minis and RPG. In the past we have only had local players attend despite pretty good prize support.

So, at this point we have a constructed 200 pointer scheduled for 2pm Saturday afternoon and a Hoth battle at 10am that morning. Local turnout is usually 12-18 players. I can also make suggetions for local hotels as well.

Check my other ECon thread for additional information.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 2:57 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

So should I wear my University of Northern Iowa sweatshirt? (2000 grad, I always wondered what the heck a Saluki was...)

Really, there are a LOT of cons we would like to attend next year, so we'll add E-con to the list. Ah, April 4-6, ok, we'll see if there are any conflicts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:15 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hothie, if it helps I am going to push Belgalin to attend as well. Don't know if he will, but I can probably talk him into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:35 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

After checking the schedule, Lady H has class that weekend (getting her masters, so all classes are on weekends.) We're coming from Des Moines, but maybe we can all meet in St Louis some weekend sometime.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 16, 2007 8:10 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Yeah, I've class about twice a month, so it will really cut down on on the number of trips we will be able to make. Especially if the place is farther away than St. Louis. We would love to meet you guys there sometime though. Next year, I'd be more than happy to plan just about everything if you guys were willing to come up one weekend (I'd plan location, find cheap lodging etc).

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 9:22 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Boris wrote:
Hothie, if it helps I am going to push Belgalin to attend as well. Don't know if he will, but I can probably talk him into it.

Boy are you going to pay for that boris!!! and not from me!!! :DS2:
It's a good thing the event is not in mid april...right boris!!! :palps:

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:38 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

belgalin wrote:
Boris wrote:

Boy are you going to pay for that boris!!! and not from me!!! :DS2:

I'm not worried, I can hold my own against your wife. (You know what I am capable of...) :maul: