logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Double Intuition
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:16 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

This may have been pointed out before, but I obviously missed it, and am a little slow on the draw (too busy drooling over the new Rebel choices).

Revan + Boba Merc = 12-square intuition + 60 Damage shot

Now I just have to figure out what to put with it. Obviously, this is only for a 200 point game, as 88 + 58 = 146. That leaves 54 points.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:26 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Wow, I knew about the 12 square intuition, but not the 60 damage shot, sounds wicked. If you can find something awesome to pair this with (hopefully some activations, 2 in 150 won't work out to prettily) it seems like it would do quite well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:06 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Yeah, Revan with Boba Merc is deadly, the best Revan build IMO.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 1:56 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I figure this will be the base of any Revan squad: Revan, Boba Merc and Lobot. Those three are 173 and leave you some room to balance out the rest of the squad.

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 5:04 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

How does the 60 damage shot come in? I'm missing 30 more points. Cunning Attack plus 20 base damage...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 6:25 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Wow, I looked right past that. I feel stupid.

I typically don't rate a character's damage per turn, but per attack and Boris use of "60 Damage Shot" made it sound like one hit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 7:41 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

dnemiller wrote:
well as usual with Boba unless you have my white Gencon Die (thanks Jim :P ) Boba is an autohit in most situations especially with cunning in effect

Sorry Dean but that is really not true...

Against Exar, Vader, Uliq, etc he needs a 9 to hit them in cover.

Against JWM's he needs 9's to hit them in cover.

Against a Stormtrooper he needs anywhere between a 6 (50% of hitting both) and a 16 to hit.

Against a Francor he needs a 10 (13 when they are backed by Thrawn)

He is only an auto hit against low defense, unique characters to be honest.

:D You know it is my goal in life to correct you when I can Dean. :P

“Those with no tactical ability at all may never understand or accept it. Nor will such people understand or accept the tactician. To those without that ability, those who posses it are a mystery.” - Mitth’raw’nuruodo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2007 4:42 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

It's a great trick to be sure. Its major problem that I've seen, is that the trick likely won't be enough to take down its own value in points.

Generally, the better combo I think would be Zuckuss and 4-LOM for 5 less points, achieving similar results with one more activation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:11 am 
General
General

I'm not really convinced it'd be that effective in 200pts. I'd probably sooner go Boba Merc + Han RH, just wait for that key initiative and go for the 80 damage. You're investing far less points, gain a Mobile/Accurate shooter, and gain access to some of the best support pieces in the game in the Rebel faction (R2P0, Juno, Golan if you want it...).

You lose initiative control and that additional 6 square move, but I think it's worth it. You could even run a MTB component and/or Garm Bel Iblis to partially compensate for that (with Garm, you can move an additional 3 squares for a total of 9 squares with a Double Attack, compared to 12 squares with Revan. Not too shabby).

Alternatively, run with Thrawn for initiative control and a rangeless swap to where you need to be for 60 damage. You can even gain Force Immunity if needed, handy against the likes of Loda. I was very tempted to play this in my last tournament.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 8:33 am 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I think it would just be far easier to use the doombot. And you can use that combo in any point range. And you get to move farther. I understand the concept, but there's already a metal can that shoots fire that costs 9 points and already does it...

http://www.swshoebox.com/userSquad.cfm?user=sirstevee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 12, 2007 9:47 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Personally, I don't see the need in boosting Boba with Revan. He already has Intuition; giving him double intuition seems like overkill. In my experiences, I've never gone "Darn, I wish I could have moved 18 squares to make that attack." and frankly if you have to move 12 to 18 to get an attack in it's probably not a safe move. Besides, you'll have to move him away from commanders (most likely) which limits him a lot.

I just don't think Boba Fett, Mercenary has enough hit points / high enough defense to pull off a rocket man across the board to make 1 or 2 attacks for 30 each. I think he's better as a carefully played kite with Han Solo RH than as a beatstick.

As for Revan, I haven't found a whole ton of figs that goes with him well. I tried using Revan + Quarrens + Garindan + Lobot at 150 the other day and got owned by a bunch of rushing Jedi and Lando DS. Revan's +4 attack screams swarm to me, his granted Intuition screams beatstick, and his Master Tactician screams Cunning Attackers. Merc fills that spot okay, but there's got to be somebody better out there...