logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Are you sick of huge sets
Total votes : 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

masterjudge wrote:
punxnbutter wrote:
I'd rather have 5 Rancor attacks than KOTOR garbage.... :( Rancors with new stats that is.

WHAT!?!?!?! Why?!?! have you ever even played KotOR? it is like the best Star Wars video game.

Heh, while I tend to agree that I'd like to see some more KOTOR stuff in the minis line, because I did enjoy the game, you will find that quite a few people to not think it is the best SW game ever. I definitely think it's up there, but the Dark Forces series, TIE Fighter, Pod Racer (1st one only!!), Jedi Starfighter, Republic Commando, and the Battlefront games tend to rank up there as well for most people.

There are great things from all of those games we still need to see more of. :D

EDIT: And incidentally, there are quite a few great huge pieces in a lot of those games too. I really want to see a Sith faction Terentek. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:05 pm 
General
General

masterjudge wrote:
punxnbutter wrote:
I'd rather have 5 Rancor attacks than KOTOR garbage.... :( Rancors with new stats that is.

WHAT!?!?!?! Why?!?! have you ever even played KotOR? it is like the best Star Wars video game.

KotOR certainly does not have the replay-ability that other SW games have. I will never grow tired of playing XvT or Battlefront. Straight line adventure games... meh. Once and done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:15 pm 
General
General

emr131 wrote:
masterjudge wrote:
punxnbutter wrote:

KotOR certainly does not have the replay-ability that other SW games have. I will never grow tired of playing XvT or Battlefront. Straight line adventure games... meh. Once and done.

BFII = endless fun. plus to stay on topic:

Rebel AAC
Republic Tank
Imperial Tank
Sep AAT
hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing a Fringe Particle Cannon emplacement. Why not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:40 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Heres My opinion on Huges

All in all a great idea, but poorly tought out.

As collectibles go, there have been some real great ones, but inconsistent, I don’t think anyone is proudly displaying a knobby white spider on there shelves. I do have others on my display case however.

As game pieces go, the rules are poorly established. I don’t ever use them because I don’t know the rules on cover for huges, I don’t see how a rancor can hide behind a barrel.abd I don’t see how they could be hindered by some difficult terrain.

I liked the separatist huges a lot, I was pissed about how rubbery the crab droid was, as well as the spider droid. I love using the Desert Skiff. I got a lot more usage out of Universe minis all in all (rancor and AT-St)

Big huge all day battle-games are what make huges fun, not the regular skirmish IMO

Form a custom maps stand point, I’ve found it very stifling to take huges into account when I’m making maps. And for the amount of use I actually get from huges I probably won’t continue to think about them when I make maps.

Final diagnosis. Huges are skating on thin Ice with me, but I’ll make my final judgment with the KOTOR set.

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I hate them because they are so bulky and expensive to ship, compared to their actual value on the secondary market. A normal set I might buy 3 cases of since I can easily resell the extras, but if I buy cases of a huge set I end up sitting on a pile of worthless spare huges for months. They just take up space in the Sandcrawler.

If they make a decent mass battle ruleset, it might create some increased demand for some of the military-themed huges, but I don't want to see any more Uncommon savage ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:11 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

emr131 wrote:
masterjudge wrote:
punxnbutter wrote:

I think Kotor has good replay ability, you learn more about the game each time you play, you can become a jedi or sith, and I just got started playing kotor 1 for the 2nd time and I've done some different events that I haven't done the first time I played the game, Kotor always seems different every time you play it. Battfront 2 is a great game also, but its not much fun playing by yourself and sadly I don't have online play for the PS2, just wifi for the Wii.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:15 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Honestly I'm 50/50 on them, I use huges in my squads, but I haven't pulled any of the ones that I use, rather I find eBay much more efficient (but much less fun, I buy boosters when I get what I really really want out of a set) and less costly because of the expense of the boosters. Overall I am glad that they make huges, but not as big of a fan of the higher cost.

Huges overall I love, not all of them but some I just think are great, almost all my squads since Universe have had at least one because I just like how they work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 3:50 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I love huge sets personally. I buy 3 boosters of any given expansion, but a case of each huge set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 5:28 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yea, i think we're seeing some of the same things over again in huge figures. But all in all i dont mind them much especially scince some of the newer ones are getting playable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 8:21 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I don't like them at all, I really wish WOTC would focus on the 100's of large and smaller pieces we could still use in this game...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 4:23 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Universe was great.

Bounty Hunters was pretty lame, since it cost 9 dollars more a pack than Champions of the Force.

And then, there's the Force Unleashed, which radically changes the game with Force-Users and would've been an amazing set if it didn't throw a bunch of unneccesary Huges that no one would have ever missed.

WotC has jumped the shark in regards to Huges. Knobby White Spider? Did they have one too many sculpts made for the last D&D Minis Huge set? Junk Golem? Probably helping to fulfill their quota of Force Unleashed video game figs, since it's likely to be a lame boss for the first level of the game or something. Uggernaught? Something completely fabricated by WotC? A new Rancor, Snowspeeder and AT-ST? WotC has run out of ideas for Huges, period.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 7:44 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

num lock wrote:
Universe was great.

Bounty Hunters was pretty lame, since it cost 9 dollars more a pack than Champions of the Force.

And then, there's the Force Unleashed, which radically changes the game with Force-Users and would've been an amazing set if it didn't throw a bunch of unneccesary Huges that no one would have ever missed.

WotC has jumped the shark in regards to Huges. Knobby White Spider? Did they have one too many sculpts made for the last D&D Minis Huge set? Junk Golem? Probably helping to fulfill their quota of Force Unleashed video game figs, since it's likely to be a lame boss for the first level of the game or something. Uggernaught? Something completely fabricated by WotC? A new Rancor, Snowspeeder and AT-ST? WotC has run out of ideas for Huges, period.

Am I the only person who LIKES the Spider?

The Rancor and AT-ST haven't been seen for a while. I'll give you the Snowspeeder, that was 2 sets ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:42 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

madslaust wrote:

Yes.

madslaust wrote:
The Rancor and AT-ST haven't been seen for a while. I'll give you the Snowspeeder, that was 2 sets ago.

So you wouldn't mind if KotOR had Jabba's Skiff with Luke, Han and Chewie; Elite Utapaun on Dactillan and Tusken Raider Hunter Krayt Dragon?

I'll admit that the new Rancor and AT-ST are cool, but they have run out of ideas.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 10:49 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

num lock wrote:
madslaust wrote:

Yes.

madslaust wrote:

So you wouldn't mind if KotOR had Jabba's Skiff with Luke, Han and Chewie; Elite Utapaun on Dactillan and Tusken Raider Hunter Krayt Dragon?

I'll admit that the new Rancor and AT-ST are cool, but they have run out of ideas.

*sigh* no love for my spiders.

I'd dig the Skiff (with Special powers "There isn't much here", Springboard, and "My vision's getting a lot better")

More Krayt dragons for the Tatooine hordes!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:01 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

We need an "Elite Knobby White Spider w/Nightsister Sith Witch" or something outrageous like that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:13 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Well if they did something like they did with the Rancor it could become useful, but the Spider just wont make enough use out of its quad to equal out its points, but some huges are nice, I recall a game with "The Fridge" that I just was so glad to have them. Overall I like huges.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:13 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

I am opposed to a huge set EVERY OTHER SET as apposed to one every few...... I'm seriously looking at singles for that set.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:15 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Yeah, I don't like how every other set now is a huge set, there are enough in circulation now that we can have two or three sets without huges, lighten up on our wallets a bit...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 4:09 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

madslaust wrote:
num lock wrote:

I like the knobby spider sculpt wise. Stats suck though...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:39 pm 
Customizer Extrodinaire
Customizer Extrodinaire

i dont really like them. i occasionly use them for customs, but thats about it. Only one i use often is the X1 and the reek(with Exar)

"Genius is 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration."
-Thomas Edison

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next