logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 07, 2007 12:56 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Well-said, Dean! I, too, grow tired of the negativity on the WotC boards, and we don't need that atmosphere starting up here. I'm glad you nipped it in the bud.

I think we've got a great website going on here, and I hope it continues to stay positive, informative, and fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 1:38 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I'm curious. What's the point of this thread if you have a whole separate section pretty much dedicated to bashing WOTC? I just came over here to check the place out, and thought it was cool that you wouldn't let all that crap spill over into this site. Then, when I have a member ID, I find I have access to a separate section where I can do exactly what this thread says I can't. I was hoping to find something better here, but it seems to be more of the same. :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:13 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

stainless_steel_rat wrote:
I'm curious. What's the point of this thread if you have a whole separate section pretty much dedicated to bashing WOTC? I just came over here to check the place out, and thought it was cool that you wouldn't let all that crap spill over into this site. Then, when I have a member ID, I find I have access to a separate section where I can do exactly what this thread says I can't. I was hoping to find something better here, but it seems to be more of the same. :cry:

Dean tried to make that forum for the purpose of keeping all the anger and frustration from spilling over into the other boards. I think his extra forum, which was made just a few day ago, is exactly the way to go. It allows people to vent and keep the rest of the board positive and up-beat. :) Really, we're nice people. Honest. Well Most of us. Except me. I'm mean. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 3:14 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

As I saw it this thread says you can't vent on the normal boards, so he put it all in one place so if you need to blow off some steam you had a place for it rather than cluttering up other areas and thus keeping the negativity to those that want it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 5:38 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Yeah.. actually I'm the one who pointed out to Dean that let's be honest.

People are upset. and forcing them to bottle it up won't solve anything. SO i recommended to Dean he create a "hot spot" forum.. one where the frustrations can be vented and let out in a CONTROLLED environment.

Straight bashing is still not encouraged and will be discouraged, BUT part of the reason why were a more up beat place is because we don't censor or try to control what our members think.

SO in addition to what dean said.

Any and all complaints about the wizards forums will only go in the Galactic Senate forum. This is a nice-ness were extending as we realise there is alot of ill feelings over what's going over there and members need to vent, and in keeping with our policy of user self censorship, we won't stop you from venting, we just ask you do it there so people who don't want to hear it, can ignore it and we can keep this a happy place to be.

Thank you.
Fox.

SWMGamer's slicer/admin.

[spoiler="crap"]
Quote:
MediocreMind
Support bacteria - it's the only culture some people have!

Code:
DCI Ranking
Star Wars Miniatures Constructed (as of 2008-09-15)
1826 rating   64 matches   21 events   
    37  All   33  North America   7  Canada   1  CA-Ontario   
[/spoiler]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 08, 2007 6:59 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

Great job SWMgamers. Most people came to this site for a reason. The reason was to talk about minis without the politics and drama that was endless at the other site. What happened to Billiv was serious, but it was taking on a life of it's own and generally the drama was getting out of control for the General Forum. Now people have a place to go and vent and everyone else can go back to asking rules questions they should already know and posting squads that are against the rules or don't make sense. O.k. maybe that last part is mostly me?