logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Vassal Regional: July 5, 2014
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 8:55 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Date: Saturday, July 5
Time: 2:00 pm EST (1:00 pm CST, 6:00 am on Sunday morning in NZ)

Cost: FREE!
Map List: to be determined, based on what lists the other Regionals use
Legal Pieces: All WotC and V-Set pieces, up through and including V-Set 7 (including the BHC pieces).
Squad Format: 200pt Constructed. All SWMGPA Floor Rules will be in effect.
Judge: thereisnotry. I'd like to have another judge who can rule if a dispute arises in one of my games; please volunteer if interested.
Prizes: Bragging rights and the deep respect of all the highly skilled players on Vassal. :)
Rounds: Swiss format until we have 1 undefeated player, then cutting to a Top 4 for playoff rounds (1st vs 4th and 2nd vs 3rd, then the winners play each other in the Finals).
Game Length: 70 min rounds, including setup time.
Requirements: Skype and the newest versions of the Vassal mod and the V-Set extensions must be armed and fully operational on your death star computer. If you have trouble, contact me before the Saturday of the tournament and I'll walk you through the process.

How to Register
1. Sign up in this thread.
2. At least one hour (or earlier) before the tournament starts, send me a PM that includes all of the following information for yourself:
-Real name
-Screen name on Vassal
-Skype name
-Squad, fully written out
-Map choice

How the Tournament Will Run
At the start of every new tournament round, everyone will gather in the Main Room on Vassal. I will announce the pairings, and then you and your opponent will make your room. From the moment your pairing is announced, you will have 70 minutes to complete your game. If this were a regular face-to-face tournament, I would obviously prefer to have everyone wait until I announce the start-time so that everyone has exactly the same amount of time. But since we’re on Vassal, I think the easiest and simplest way to do it is to start the time immediately, and give some extra time to set up. Since we’ll all be using Skype, there is no reason why the game has to take longer than 60 minutes. We’ll have 10 minutes to reveal squads, load a map, and pull out our pieces. If some people can get set up faster than 10 minutes, then they’ll have a few extra minutes to play.

We will be using a strict 3-2 scoring system: it will be “200 or 2.” No exceptions, UNLESS you have contacted me beforehand during the match because your opponent was slow-playing, in which case I’ll examine each situation as it comes. Once I call time (that is, by saying so in the game chat or via PM to one of the players), those who are still playing can finish their round and then report their results. If you come prepared to play quickly (but not foolishly) and finish your games under the time limit, you'll have a better chance of doing well.

This post will be the main information-gathering thread for the Vassal Regional. Any updates will be edited into this post, so check back here often for the most updated information.

Post subject: Re: Vassal Regional: July 5, 2014
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2014 9:03 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Okay guys, it's basically the same as last year. Please check your calendars.

I've just chosen July 5 to get things started (and it's the same weekend as last year's even). If it turns out that July 5 is a horrible date for many people then we can discuss a different date. I'm pretty sure that it will need to be a Saturday afternoon starting at 2:00 though (Sunday morning at 6 in NZ), because we want to accommodate our NZ friends.