logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: The Most Amazing SWM Gaming Experience Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 7:44 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Greetings and Salutations SWM community!

TRUE STORY ALERT

Since 2004, when SWM came out, I have enjoyed playing this fantastic minis game with all my heart. What happened last night, playing in a fun mass battle scenario, is difficult and virtually impossible to put into words to tell everyone. I cannot do justice or describe the AMAZING and UNBELIEVABLE ANOMALY that occurred. Something I have never seen or heard of ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In Lakewood, California, at The Bunker Hobbies and Games, at approximately 9:00pm PST Sat. night, we were playing a mass battle game with 10 people participating. 2 teams, with 5 people on each team, 4 minis each, so a total of 40 "badass" minis on 1 map, "Tomb of the Acolytes". About an hour went by and the battle split into 2 areas, with 1 pocket of combat in the right center of the map, with the other pocket of combat on the left center of the map. Just outside of the "Apprentice's Tomb" there was a "Clash of Titans" all engaged in lightsaber combat to the death; Luminara Unduli, Dooku, General Grievous Hero of Hypori, Darth Bane Sith'ari, Darth Caedus Sith Lord, Lord Scourge, and Vergere. Just as the combat was getting intense, is where the most UNBELIEVABLE, ASTOUNDING, UNIMAGINABLE, and SURREAL occurrence took place; a tiny clearish/white little spider, practically the size of an ant, appeared on Darth Bane's body and crawled to the tip of his lightsaber, and clung there! The 10 of us were stunned and amazed and were awed at this amazing sight! I cried out "Orbalisk Armor" and immediately one of the other guy's says "Crab Armor"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The game at this point was totally moot as we watched this little guy put on a show. He then proceeded to spin/create a web across and in between the 7 based minis, and literally spun a web in a straight line from Bane's lightsaber over to 1 of Grievous' 4 lightsabers, and crawled down over Grievous' upper body and then back up to the tip of 1 of his lightsabers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We were all in a state of disbelief as to what we just witnessed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 2 of us started taking pictures with our phones, but to our dismay, the little guy was too small to be seen in the pics. We all applauded this amazing little spider and Christened him SWM Official Real Life Insect Mascot. With the approval of the rest of the guys, I then picked up Grievous and the little spider, who was still on his lightsaber, took him over to the indoor Bunker sign, put him on the sign, and said, "May the Force be with you, little spider. An amazing and unforgettable story, that will live on in my memory and the 10 guys who witnessed it, for the rest of our lives.......................................................................................

Post subject: Re: The Most Amazing SWM Gaming Experience Ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
PostPosted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:44 pm 

This is the link to a pic of the battle and the spider. Unfortunately it and the web was too small and finite to be caught on cell phone camera;

https://www.dropbox.com/s/70wia7qu1apj6 ... .39.05.jpg