logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rakgoul record?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 4:53 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

What is the record for most Rakgouls on the board at 1 time. I'm not counting Raks in the base squad. I'm just counting figs turned into Raks (either by Celeste or by another Rak) and not counting total brought out. Just counting most created that are on the board at one time.

I know Bill had quite a few at Gen Con tourney before but I don't remember what that number was though.

Round 5 of swiss in the wisconsin regional, I had 18 Raks on the board by the end of the game by starting with 0 in my base squad.

I ran out of Raks (not surprising) and just stated using what ever fringe pieces I had with me to represent Raks.

Overall in the round, the only pieces I lost were 2 Raks.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Post subject: Re: Rakgoul record?
PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thats awesome jake. And this is why i love Rakghoul disease. lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:14 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

ALso other than Celeste what were you running?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:23 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Stealth-N-Gouls (and Wuher too)

Mitth'raw'nuruodo
Celeste
Arica
Lobot
Paleon
R7
Mas
Gran
Brute
Wuher
Tarkin (to switch for ozzel when need be)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:26 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Were you playing against that Rodian swarm - your squad is its worst nightmare....

PostPosted: Sun Jun 30, 2013 8:03 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

He had a lot of low hp fringe guys with the ithorian commander and Han stormy. He did have Momaw and 2 Ravenous Vornskers. I kept Paleon in the farthest corner to make it harder on them. He led with them so I couldn't change them but he did move one Chadra Fan up to far forgetting about wheel form on the Amanin scout that I brought in with lobot. That one mistake caused a whole string of Raks. Moved 18 with wheel form. Swapped celeste, Moved Celeste 6 to have an open lane to the Chadra fan. And the rest is that. I concentrated my rak attacks on his Vornskers and Momaw to change them. Then I ran them into position for next round. Win init with Thrawn and attacked 2 more scrubs with a triple atk from the rak. He takes out 1. I move Celeste and turn another guy. He kills one more and he is about finished with activations. I have his Han surrounded so he can't furios assult. At this point. I was hoping he would roll reserves with Clobot so I could get more. It was a very bad matchup for him. As close an auto loss if I've ever seen one. But he did play well throughout the tourney as he was 3-1 at that point knocking on the door of a top 4. But as this game goes, 1 bad matchup for him (mine) cost him a top 4. He took this very well and still tried to play even after my initial Rak onslaught. I was impressed as I'm sure it had to be very frustrating and would cause people to want to just pick up and call it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 9:40 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Against a Nom Bomb squad, I brought in one Rakghoul via Lobot. I think I ended up with 5 or 6.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:47 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

When I think about it, one thing that's really cool about that squad (and which I'm sure someone's probably noted earlier) is Wuher. That's the best use of him I've seen - if you take living reinforcements, they risk getting turned into Rakghouls, if you take droids they cost more. Ingenious. I know he has seen some play in tournaments before, but that's the first time I've thought that he's really worth his cost in a base squad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 6:03 am 
General
General

I've had ~15, but that was a goofy game where my opponent aided me to be funny.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:03 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I remember Bill's game at GenCon, because I had already finished mine and was watching his when he asked me to try to find him more Rakghouls because all of his were already in play, lol. Unfortunately I don't remember the exact count, but it was in the 15-20 range I believe.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:19 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

TheHutts wrote:
When I think about it, one thing that's really cool about that squad (and which I'm sure someone's probably noted earlier) is Wuher. That's the best use of him I've seen - if you take living reinforcements, they risk getting turned into Rakghouls, if you take droids they cost more. Ingenious. I know he has seen some play in tournaments before, but that's the first time I've thought that he's really worth his cost in a base squad.

Thank you. It's precisely why I added him into the squad. My initial build didn't have him but I loved the synergy he had with Celeste.