logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: GenCon 2013 event list
PostPosted: Thu May 09, 2013 6:32 pm 
Flim
Flim

Hi everybody!
It's officially less than 100 days to GenCon so it time for the event schedule release!

We are bringing back the Bounty Hunters Challenge this year. It will run all weekend long. It will run for 1 hour at a time. The schedule is Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 11am, 12pm, 1pm, 2pm, 3pm and 4pm. On Sunday we have spots from 11am thru 3pm.

Thursday we have the Jedi Challenge! It is a new format this year. We still have 100, 150, and 200 point tournaments but this year we have a restricted set list for each one.
The 9am 100pt will use Rebel Storm through The Force Unleashed. The 1pm 150pt will use Legacy of the Force through Masters of the Force. The 5pm 200pt will use all of the Vsets through Galactic Heroes but no Epics.
We also have the return of the Hoth Mass Battle starting at 9am and again at 2pm.
At 7pm we have the Clone Wars Mass Battle and the night concludes with 200pt Epic Duos starting at 9pm.

The 2013 Championship is Friday again this year! The championship kicks off at 9am sharp and we will play Swiss rounds based on attendance.

Also on Friday we have the 100pt Dynamic Duo at 10am and at 3pm we have a regular 100pt tournament.

We have two new events on Friday this year, Minis Madness and Assassin Style. The 4pm Minis Madness will remind you of March Madness! Players Compete for control of the Galaxy with 64 pre-built 50 point Star Wars Miniatures squads. The winner will receive a complete set of Rebel Storm!

In the 6pm Assassin Style you get a squad of two characters and two targets. Can you survive?

We also have the Battle of Geonosis Mass Battles on Friday starting at 1pm and again at 6pm.

Saturday is the dreaded Sith Trials--prove that you are worthy by competing in all three legs of this event.
The day starts off by playing in the 200pt Mystery Map tournament at 9am. It continues with the 100pt Light Side/ Dark Side at 1pm. Fringe and Mandalorian characters can be on either side and the Yuuzhan Vong are on the Dark side. It finishes up at 5pm with 200pt Tile Wars.

This year we are debuting the Endor Mass Battle starting at 9am and again at 1pm.

Also, we are hosting a Queen's Gambit board game Championship. We have four qualifiers starting at 10am, 12pm, 2pm and 4pm. The championship, for the two players with the most points in qualifiers, will be at 7pm Saturday night.

Finally on Saturday we have the Team Tournament using the Royal Rumble rules. It will start at 9pm

Sunday we have a day full of Mass Battles. We have the Death Star Trench Run at 9am, 11am, and 1pm. Also debuting this year is the Death Star II Mass Battle. It will also be at 9am, 11am, and 1pm.

We also will be having our Command of the Galaxy sealed event! It starts at 9am and we only have 48 tickets available. Get them ASAP as this is one of our most popular events!

I hope that I see a lot of you at GenCon!

Below is a full schedule for your convenience.

Thursday 8-15-2013
9am 100pt JC, Hoth
11am BHC
12pm BHC
1pm 150pt JC, BHC
2pm Hoth, BHC
3pm BHC
4pm BHC
5pm 200pt JC
7pm Clone Wars MB
9pm Epic Duos

Friday 8-16-2013
9am Champs
10am Dynamic Duo
11am BHC
12pm BHC
1pm Geonosis, BHC
2pm BHC
3pm 100pt, BHC
4pm Minis Maddness, BHC
6pm Geonosis, Assassin Style

Saturday 8-17-2013
9am Mystery Map ST, Endor
10am Queen's Gambit
11am BHC
12pm Queen's Gambit, BHC
1pm 100pt LS/DS, Endor, BHC
2pm Queen's Gambit, BHC
3pm BHC
4pm Queen's Gambit, BHC
5pm Tile Wars ST,
7pm Queen's Gambit Champs
9pm Team Royal Rumble

Sunday 8-18-2013
9am Trench Run, DS II, Sealed
11am Trench Run, DS II, BHC
12pm 100pt, BHC
1pm Trench Run, DS II, BHC
2pm BHC
3pm BHC

Thanks for reading and if you're using an iPhone or iPad you can copy this last section into you notes and make calendar events.

"It is the unknown we fear when we look upon death and darkness, nothing more"-- Albus Dumbledore

Proud member of the Triumvirate

Post subject: Re: GenCon 2013 event list
PostPosted: Fri May 10, 2013 8:04 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Awesome schedule. Seriously, this is the best line-up for Star Wars Minis at GenCon to date!

James, awesome work.

Everyone thank him for putting a lot of work to get this thing rolling!

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 7:51 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

TimmerB123 wrote:
Awesome schedule. Seriously, this is the best line-up for Star Wars Minis at GenCon to date!

It's a great schedule and yes...

Quote:
James, awesome work.

But statements like this always piss me off a little bit. Every person who did a schedule every year put in a lot of effort and heavily monitored feedback from the community to make improvements year after year. Thanks for undermining all that effort through the subtle insult made about the work they did. Though not surprising, very disappointing nonetheless.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 9:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

It's a great schedule and yes...

Quote:
James, awesome work.

But statements like this always piss me off a little bit. Every person who did a schedule every year put in a lot of effort and heavily monitored feedback from the community to make improvements year after year. Thanks for undermining all that effort through the subtle insult made about the work they did. Though not surprising, very disappointing nonetheless.

Leave it to you to make it about yourself when it had nothing to do with you.

Jim F will always hold a soft spot in my heart and he truly is the godfather - In a lot of ways we wouldn't be here without him.

The game has evolved a lot and I really think for where we are at in the game now we couldn't have a better line-up.

My comment was 100% positive about this year and in no way was meant as a slight to anyone else.

I never said anyone in any other year didn't work hard. I am just really excited about this year's line-up, and I certainly should have the right to be.

We have some new events that sound awesome, and some really interesting twists on past events.

I think credit is due to those who put the line-up together. I credited James, and that is valid - but I know Eric L and Jason K did a lot of work to help put the line-up together as well.

I have always had an absolute blast at GenCon, and I am so excited for this year.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:24 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Grand Moff Boris wrote:
But statements like this always piss me off a little bit. Every person who did a schedule every year put in a lot of effort and heavily monitored feedback from the community to make improvements year after year.

So with all this community feedback to make improvements year after year then shouldn't every year be the best Gen Con lineup to date. I'm confused as to why you are accusing him of undermining people from previous years but say that the community has feed back every year to make it better. Isn't that the point of this community feedback, to make it better, thus resulting in the best Gen Con Lineup to date.

PostPosted: Sat May 11, 2013 10:34 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

FWIW, as an outsider to this discussion I didn't hear anything derogatory or insulting or undermining in Tim's original post, not at all. All I heard was someone who is excited to go to Gencon this year. I wish I could go too!

I, in turn, give much kudos to all the organizers (of all years), who work hard to improve the SWM Gencon experience every year! This is entirely a fan-run game now, and the more encouragement and support we give each other, the better. :)

PostPosted: Mon May 13, 2013 8:54 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

thereisnotry wrote:
FWIW, as an outsider to this discussion I didn't hear anything derogatory or insulting or undermining in Tim's original post, not at all. All I heard was someone who is excited to go to Gencon this year. I wish I could go too!

I, in turn, give much kudos to all the organizers (of all years), who work hard to improve the SWM Gencon experience every year! This is entirely a fan-run game now, and the more encouragement and support we give each other, the better. :)

+1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 1:08 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

+2

I love the line-up as well. I will once again this year, be competing all 4 days at SWM!!!!!!! I will only have time to sneak away and play one other game.............my second favorite game to in the world to play, "Lord of the Rings The Miniatures Game" North American Championship, which I started playing just before "Rebel Storm" came out! :)

PS
Please don't take this as a complaint, but does anyone know why the 500 pt format was removed this year? I came in second last yr, and I am disappointed my fav format got the boot....................... Can you bring it back next yr???? Pretty please..............

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:01 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

i actually was curious why it got the boot also. I know that last year it did not get the numbers you wanted but it was on sunday.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:27 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Flights booked... Hotel booked...

Championship squad ready...

All that's left, is to get the Captain Morgan PS! :P

PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 1:36 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

DarphNader wrote:

You know what will happen if you book that too far ahead of time. Image

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 7:33 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

swinefeld wrote:
DarphNader wrote:

You know what will happen if you book that too far ahead of time. Image

Stagger, stagger... Crawl, crawl... Us Yellowbeards' are never more dangerous then when we're dead!