logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: California Regional
PostPosted: Sun Mar 24, 2013 5:00 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Greetings from Korriban!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Sith are rising once again, seething with raw Dark Force energy, to announce that there will be a SWM 200pt constructed California Regional Championship on Saturday, June 1st, 2013, 12:00noon, at our new location, The Gamehouse in Huntington Beach! Myself and the guys at The Gamehouse are honored to host this years event for the third year in a row, and first at our new location! We welcome everyone on the West Coast, California, Nevada, Arizona, Washington, Oregon, or anyone else that wants to participate. This event will follow all the current competition rules set forth by the previous leader, Wizards of the Coast, to the updates our new leaders of the SWM community have ruled. Still holding strong, SWM Gamers, which as everyone knows by now, have now released 5 phenomenal new virtual sets, plus a few micro sets! Please join us in battle as we slash, Force push, lightning, grip, Sith sorcery, whirlwind, blast, grenade, missles, pulse cannon, atlatyl, razorbug, and thudbug the day away. We look forward to seeing everyone there............................May the Force be with us all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The Gamehouse
15392 Baffin Circle
Huntington Beach, CA 92649
310-294-4644

Format: 200pt Constructed
SWMGPA Floor Rules (2013 Version)
Restricted Map lists A, B, and C (2013 Versions)

Start Time: 12:00 noon (Registration starts at 11:00am)
Entry Fee: $5
Prizes: booster draft...

:emperor:

Last edited by darthmaim on Sun Apr 14, 2013 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: California Regional
PostPosted: Tue Mar 26, 2013 7:53 am 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Shoot me a pm. We should talk about prize support for regionals. Did you already get V set 5?

PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:30 pm 

Pm sent!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:55 am 

Regional is today!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Can't wait for the battles..............will post updates tonight and more details tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:emperor:

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 1:11 pm 

CA regional champion is Mel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CA squads:

Christian H

The Darth Express

Darth Malgus
Darth Talon
Darth Bandon
Sith Recruit
Mouse
Ugnaught x 6

Mark Cartnal

Calixte's Ghosts

Thrawn (Mith)
Tyber Zahn
Weir
Storm Comm x 4
Calixte
Mas
R7
Rodian Brute x 2

James Howlett

Over My Dead Body

Jaster
Kelborn
Mando Commander
Mando Scout x 2
Mando Gunslinger
Mando Flametrooper
R7
Mouse
Ugnaught x 2

Connor Mowatt

Armed and Dangerous

Mandoalore Vindicated
Kelborn
Mando Training Sgt
Mando Cap
Flame Trooper x 3
Ugnaught x 2

Adam Palermo

Special Forces

Yoda of Dag
Obi Unleashed
Jareal
Spec Force Vans x 4
Rieekan
Ith Commander
Ugnaught

Kyle Trujillo

Knights of the Round Table

Roan Fel
Marasiah Fel
Imp Knight Leader
Imp Knight Master
Thrawn(Mith)
Imp Dig x 3
Raxus Trooper
Lobot (15pt)
R7
Mas

Michael Taylor

Purge This

Obi
Anakin
Ahsoka
Clone Trooper Sgt x 2
Clone Trooper x 8
Uggie

Mel Campbell

Shooter's Paradise (Variant of TimmerB123's "Stealth N' Blue and Pellaeon too!")

Cad
Arica
Thrawn(Mith)
Palleon
Tarkin
Mas
Lobot
R7
Gran
Rodian Brute
Ugnaught x 2

Andre Bashay

A Thug's Life

Shadao Shai
Nem yim
YV Jedi Hunter x 4
Praetorite Priest
Yammosk
R7
Peace Brigade Thug x 4
Ugnaught x 2

Swiss Standings

Mel 3-0 (7pts)
Connor 2-1 (5pts)
Christian 2-1 (5pts)
Mark 2-1 (5pts)
Andre 2-1 (4pts)
Kyle 1-2 (2pts)
James 1-2 (2pts)
Adam 1-2 (2pts)
Michael 1-2 (2pts)

Semi-Final
Mel vs Mark
Connor vs Christian

Final
Mel vs Christian

1 Mel
2 Christian
3 Connor
4 Mark

Last edited by darthmaim on Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:52 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 5:34 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

why did you only play 3 rounds?

9-16 players is 4 rounds of Swiss.

Also - no final 4?

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:41 pm 

Greetings Force Users!

Thanks to all that participated for the 3rd yr in a row that we have hosted the CA regional here in So Cal! I was a little disappointed that last yrs winner Joey Katnich couldn't make it, but we all had an awesome time playing the game that we love. 9 people showed up, so I am happy none the less :)

(1st Round ) My quest to be the champion for the 2nd time in 3 yrs, began against Michael's Republic Theme squad. I tip my cap to him, for he is less of a competitive player and loves the theme aspect of SWM, and he comes out for just that. He won map roll, so we played on Theed Palace. I chose the right side, and at the end of round 1, thanks to Thrawn swap, had gambit. End of round 2, I took out his only door control, and from there, it was over. R7 and Lobot took turns unlocking and locking one of the doors to the gambit room, and Bane and Arica, did the rest. 1-0, 3 pt win.

(2nd round) This time I went against Connor and his Mandos. I again lost map roll, so we played on Grand Plaza. I chose the control room side, and once again finished round 1 with Gambit. 2nd round, he moved one of his guys with cloak into gambit. We postured some, where I killed one of his flametroopers and he killed my Gran and Rodian brute reinforcements. I can't remember which round it was, but then he made the mistake of putting Kelborn out to where I could swap Bane in, 7 away from Mandolore's disruptive, and shoot Kelborn dead. From there I killed some more of his support pieces, and then ran out of time to kill Mandolore and the Training sgt. 2-0, 2 pt win.

(3rd round ) This time I went against Andre's Vong Jedi eating squad. Props to Andre, as he has only been playing SWM for about 3 months now, but he being a veteran gamer, has become a good SWM player in a short time. I finally won map roll, so Jabba's palace, here we go! He chose the left side, so my main force started in the middle main room. Securing gambit first round, was again attained. 2nd round he made a tough mistake and left Nem Yim in a place I could draw los to. In his defense, with his lack of knowledge of map shooting angles, he didn't realize I could target him. Then in the 3rd or 4th round, he unfortunately made another mistake, and I was able to take out his Priest, and from there it was downhill for him. However, I was unable to kill all those Jedi Hunters. 3-0, 2pt win.

Semi-Final

This was against Mark's Storm Commando's. I won map roll and Jabba's palace was the place. He chose left side, so again first round, my main force went to secure middle room gambit. 2nd or 3rd round, he made the mistake, and didn't realize I could get to Weir. I moved Arica up 14 (1 force to move 2 extra ), swapped in Bane, who moved 6 to base Weir in cover, and Weir went down. From there, I tried to kill the rest of his force, but super stealth is a pain, and he hid Calixte to well for me to get to her before time expired. Victory for me on pts.

Final

This one was against Christian's Sith Darth Express squad. He won map roll, so we battled underneath Jabba's palace in the Rancor pit! I chose the right side and set up Stealth guys in the middle and the Commander's in the room. I once again got gambit first round and he did not. 2nd round, I swapped Bane to the top of left side of the room, so he could pop out and take 4 shots on Zannah. Unfortunately, the dice Gods were not in her favor, so Bane put a hurt on her- 90 damage. 3rd round, I swapped Arica in to do her barrage, killing a bunch of Uggies and putting damage on all the Darth's. Zannah made all her Soresu saves:( Malgus then moved to hit her for 40, and Bandon hit for 30, and down she went. 4th round, Bane took her out with 1 shot and put 2 on Malgus. 5th round, Bane took out Malgus (Man he has a lot of HP). 6th round, Bandon went down, and that was all she wrote. 7th round, Talon met her demise, and the end of the tournament!

Again my thanks to all that participated! Prize support was a Bounty Hunter's booster that we cracked open, and I was able to get a huge, Mando on the Basilisk! I'm liking that for my Mandalore Basilisk squad :)

Last edited by darthmaim on Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:59 pm 

TimmerB123 wrote:
why did you only play 3 rounds?

9-16 players is 4 rounds of Swiss.

Also - no final 4?

Well Tim, the fact of the matter was, a few of the guys were running late, so unfortunately, we started an hour late. We had to cut the 4th round of swiss out. After 3 rounds, the top 4 squads, played. Yes, we had a semi-final and a final. Everyone attending, agreed to 3 initial rounds. To be honest, I'm just greatful for the opportunity to get together with the guys and have fun playing the game we love :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:54 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

That's cool - I figured there was extenuating circumstances. Glad you all had a regional (a success in and of itself these days), and more than that glad you all had fun!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 05, 2013 5:58 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

PS - nice squad.

It's mis-titled though - it's called Stealth N' Blue! ;)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:48 pm 

TimmerB123 wrote:
PS - nice squad.

It's mis-titled though - it's called Stealth N' Blue! ;)

Sorry I didn't give credit, where credit was due (Please see update). You definately have an innate ability to create highly competitive squads. My hat's off to you. With all the Tier 1 squads that have already been created, it's not easy being the original architect who can put the patent/title to a squad. What is it that they say; "Imitation is the highest form of flattery" or the quote by the famous puppeteer Jim Henson , "If you can't beat them, join them" :)
Moreover, I'm just a guy who wants to try and compete with the big dogs, "Obi/Mace/Doombot", without having to break down and play the 3. I do like the direction that you set designers are going with "Crack shot" and "Suppressive fire", but on only 4 pieces, it's hard to see Tier 1 potential. However, "Ysalamiri" does kick ass though!
I will say though, that with up to 22 activations on your original squad, that is most impressive!
Cheers,
MC

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 10:57 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Oh I was just having a little fun there - I wasn't the first to do Cad with Mith'thrawn. It's a potent combo. I don't know if I was the first to round it out with Arica or not, but I guess I'll take credit for the fun title - which is just a play on the old Black and Blue title.

Anyway - it is an awesome squad. Glad it's still got it where it counts. That's 2 more regional wins for that squad this year (neither by me)