Warmaster
Warmaster

Got somone to cover me now, so i will be good to go. Can't Wait

Post subject: Re: Indiana Regional Weekend June 7&8
PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 12:29 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Update Update Update

nothing like the last minute to get every thing figured out.

Friday - 7pm (Eastern) Booster draft one sleeve of GAW and one sleeve of JA. Cost has changed. $30 for the two sleeves and you keep the minis. If you want to pay less you will not be able to keep the minis you draft. Paying less will also change the amount of prize support. First place will get a set of uncut sheets from Scum and Villainy that are suitable for framing.

Saturday 10am Eastern 200 point regional event. Cost $15
Registrations and doughnuts at 9am
Map Set C
Cmndr’s Office (WotC) aka Ravaged Base
Grand Plaza (WotC) aka Munnilinst
Asteroid Base (JC) map pack 4
Rhen Var Citadel (JC) Map pack 4
Bothan Spynet (JC) map pack 4
Command Deck (MoM) Bounty Hunters Challenge Map from GenCon 2012

We will play two rounds then break for lunch and margaritas as big as you head. After lunch we will finish swiss. Prizes will included customs minis for V-set 6. ATAT Fat Head, Chris West maps, Uncut set of Scum and Villainy, and multiple trophies made by Engineer

After Swiss. Assassination Style - You will play a Dynamic Dou and be given two secret targets to hunt down. Depending on how many people play depends on the size of the map. 1-3 one map 3-9 two maps more then 9 four maps. Once you take out your target you will recieve that characters target. Cost $5 First place an uncut set of Scum and Villainy suitable for framing.

There will also be space to play x-wing after swiss if you would rather play that, but it will be casual play.

Currently we are estimating about 20 people playing. Come join the fun.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:27 pm 
Hand of the Sith
Hand of the Sith

I wish I could makle it in time to play booster draft on fri night.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:27 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Lou wrote:
I wish I could makle it in time to play booster draft on fri night.

What time would we need to start for you to be able to play?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 2:36 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Glad you're coming Chris

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:40 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

thanks mike.

I Have a fun Squad that i have been wanting to play, and Amanda is Playing Her Favorite Faction :Boba: ... So it should be a pretty Fun Day overall. Not To Mention Margaritas as big as our head. lol :D :o

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 12:52 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

I'm rolling out solo. bummed no other Chicago guys can make it out. But I'm making the trip!

Prediction - the Kokomo Regional Champion will not be the same one as the last three years. :shooter:

I am looking to have a blast and play something completely different for me. I built this squad before vset 5 even came out (for playtesting), and now I get to use it at a regional. It's not the best squad out there, but it is good. Regardless, I am just looking forward to catching up with people and playing the game I love.

See you all on Saturday!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 04, 2013 11:17 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Word on the street is the MI crew is going to make it down Friday for the booster draft.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:49 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Excellent!! Safe travels to everyone coming, think it will be a great weekend and regional.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:49 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Glad you're coming Tim, wouldn't be the same without you.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

LESHIPPY wrote:

After Swiss. Assassination Style - You will play a Dynamic Dou and be given two secret targets to hunt down.

Will we be given a Dynamic Duo, or should we bring one? I am assuming exactly 100pts and normal faction rules apply.

If we bring our own, what happens if there is a duplicate character on someone else's team?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:48 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Ughhh

time check - 4:42am (central)

I gotta get on the road.

I know I ask this every year, but why does it start so early?

I think I may the only fool traveling from the central time zone to this tournament. Certainly the one traveling from the farthest west.

I got an hour of sleep. Maybe 1 and a half.

Working nights really sucks when you have to travel east early in the morning. I just left work a small number of hours ago.

No copilot to keep me awake this time

I'm getting too old for this.

See you guys at 9:00-9:30-ish (hopefully)

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:17 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

final four is Tim B vs Les Eller? Tim running new republic kyle katarn, jan ors, kol skywalker, Les running double lancer

and Bronson Mcnellis vs. Lou both running cadeus malgus vergere,

First report is Bronson wins and is headed to finals, dont know who he is playing yet.

So tim also wins and we have a rematch of bronson and tim in the finals. Tim won the first go around lets see how it plays out!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:53 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Wow, Caedus/Malgus in the finals...sweet. Tank squads are alive and well!

This will be a meta long-remembered (and it has been long-awaited)...it has seen the end of 50-activation squads, and it will soon see the end of squishy jedi.

On a serious note, thanks for the updates. I can't wait to hear the final results!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:59 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

thereisnotry wrote:
Wow, Caedus/Malgus in the finals...sweet. Tank squads are alive and well!

This will be a meta long-remembered (and it has been long-awaited)...it has seen the end of 50-activation squads, and it will soon see the end of squishy jedi.

On a serious note, thanks for the updates. I can't wait to hear the final results!

funny thing is that cadeus/malgus squad is running a squib trader for door control and no lobot :o

ok so there was a change and an r7 was not counted so tim b won by gambit and not by being closer to the middle. so much better :) so congrats tim b.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:36 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Congrats to Tim for taking 1st and to Bronson taking 2nd.

I will try to give you the best report I can, but in the clean up I am not sure what happened to the squad sheets. I will tell you that I didn't decide to run lancers till on my way home from the sealed draft on Friday night. I knew that Mike was going to be running gungans and that greg was going to be running Naboo death shots and I figured I could handle those. Iwas guessing that I might just run into one bad match up in the day. More on that later. Here is the break down.

Tim 4-0 11 points New Luke, Jan, Ganner and Kyle Katarn from UNIV
Bronson 3-1 9 pts Caedus/Malgu
Lou 3-1 9 pts Caedus/Malgu
Les 3-1 8pts Double lancer
Randy 3-1 6pts - Super stealth Strom Commandoes I think
Jason 2-2 6pts Solo Charge i think
Mike 2-2 6pts Tarpal's Gungans
Tony 2-2 5pts Vong
Chris P 2-2 5pts Seps - not sure what all was in it besides a BX Sniper
Laura 2-2 5pts Coran Horn and Speedy Pilots
Bryan 2-2 5pts OR Thon and ??
Andrew 1-3 3pts Mace/Panaka/JWM
Amanda 1-3 3pts ???
Greg 1-3 2pts Naboo Death Shots
Len 1-3 2pts Mandos
Chris $ 0-4 ????

Blood Bath Award - Most combined points in a single game Lou and Jason both took home an ATAT.
Sportsmanship Award was split between Len and Andrew. Both getting their first regional win this year.
Crit Misses Lou
Crit Hits Bryan?
Head Hunter Most win against Hall of Famers- Bronson.

Bunches of prizes were given out. Trophies, customs, maps (thanks to Chris West) and other goodies. All in all a fun day.

I was sort of disappointed this year though because I was the only one to get the margarita as big as your head. However the next size don is still quite large.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:58 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

My day
Round One - vs Laura and Corn Horn's speedy pilots.
Map Ravaged Base
Her map and I take the inside.
Round one is positioning. Round two I get off a strafe and take out a good bit of stuff, but roll a 1 on my twin against Dodona. But I do take out the Klatoonian Capt. to kill the speed bump that he hands out. Dash takes out my speeder and get healed by the DR. round three I get off a pawned strafe and take out everyone except Jarred Fel, Dodona, and Horn.
After that Horn gets to my commanders and I am able to hit him with the IG86 and with lightening from Sid. I hit with a Blaster shot from GGDAC but he absorbs it. Meanwhile Dondona an Fel take one of the small offices. I nail them and move everyone except Sid to gambit and have lobot lock the doors.
Two Point win

Game 2
Greg - Naboo Death Shots
Map I win and have Muunulist.

The first two or three rounds Greg does an impressive job of keeping the strafe lanes closed and his commanders safe. I keep telling my self patience, you have to have patience for this one. He get his commanders into a room at the bottom and it is guarded by a Naboo Tropper. I have counted the squares and this is my time to shoot or get of the pot. So I pawn and fly over everyone and find a place to land. I hit the first twin on the Trooper and he hits me back. Then I roll a 1 on the second of the twin and that allows me to take out R2, Mon Mothma, Mas, and Yularen. Granted I loose that lancer, but it was worth it to take out the death shots. Then it became clean up.

Lunch

Game 3
Tim - Ganner, new Luke from GH, Jan, R2/C3P0
Map His - Control Deck? CW map from Bounty Hunter Challenge i thnk.

Done in three rounds. he has two more overrides then I do and the map has the most doors of any map that was playable today. I got 5 points of gambit.

Game 4
Tony - Vong
Map- Mine- Muunulist

He had no shooters and was relying on spit poison. For him this was a terrible match up because doesn't work on droids. But a bunch of crab armor keeps him around. It was a close game i had traded both lancers for a net gains of 20 points and this severally slowed him down. Then I just had to slowy pick him off. I wound up pawning the IG 86 twice to take out enough guys to pull out the win.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 6:27 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Sorry the WNY kids couldn't join in on the fun this year, perhaps next season.

Anyhoo....

9 times Mrs Bueller, 9 times!

Congrats to Tim on the win and doubly so, as he did it with the NR!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:09 am 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

I played old school Solo Charge (all WOTC pieces of course)
Han GH
Mara Jade Jedi
Ganner
Anakin Solo
Lobot
R7
General Lamedonna
3 uggs

Rd 1 against Chris Flores with Sith (Zannah, wyyrlock, bandon, the big sith mutant guy, holosid, cad bane).
I played some door games and eventually lobbed down and took out Cad Bane. Then I was able to push Zannah into the big room outside the gambit room (on command deck) and lock her in there. Did that multiple time to finish her off and won with a 3 pt victory. 1-0 3 pts

Rd against Chris P with Bx Droids and Tactical droids.
After we discussed whether the Bx droids could intuition and then get the free attack from the tactical droids (they can't per scott from back in October because all the preturn stuff is considered the same time frame) it kind of deflated him as he had apparently done that during his last match and that was how his squad was built to work. He still used his pieces great and smoked Han in a easy second. The game came down to me lobbing in Anakin and UTF and him failing saves on both tactical droids, 2 of 3 snipers, 2 R7s, 1 of the spotters and then a bunch of other stuff just being dead for low HP. Then Mara was able to clean up the last couple droids. 2-0 6 pts

Rd 3 against Bronson and Caedus/Malgus/Vergere
Han did nothing, Mara got sever forced, and in the end I didn't have enough damage to take out Malgus. It came down to Malgus vs Anakin and Ganner. I kept attacking, then pushing him away and was able to get him down to 70 or so left before I died. 2-1 6 pts

Rd 4 against Lou for a spot in the top 4. Also Caedus/Malgus/Vergere
This game started out much better as my felucian (from lobot) killed his force ghost. Then I made a couple of the face your destiny saves as well. The game turned when I didn't see a Sith Battle Meditation move and thought Mara was safe so didn't use her right away and used someone else. That led to her being pulled to Malgus and he finished her off before she could activate that round. It still came down to Anakin/Ganner against Malgus although I had already hurt Malgus quite a bit, even with some crits I could only get him down to 30. Lou and I won the bloodbath award for this game as the final score ended up something like 224 to 162 as we played a ton of rounds and each racked up quite a bit of gambit (lou had 7 rounds and I had 9 rounds). We played 11 rounds (took me 2 rounds to get to gambit with first Dodonna, then Lobot, then finally the R7). 2-2 6 pts.

So I think Solo Charge is still just as good as it has always been and a couple bad matchups (both which I had a chance to win with some slightly different decisions) and I would have made the top 4.

Had a lot of fun and thanks to Les and Bryan for organizing this whole thing and making it possible.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:07 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I played Naboo death shots

Mon Mothma
Adm. Yularen
Capt. Panaka of Theed
Commander Gree
Mas Ameda
R2-D2 Astromech
R7
Uggie
Naboo pilot x4
Naboo trooper x8
20 act. 200 pts.
Map: Rhen Var

First rd. against Len from crown point with his sith/ mando mash up. We played on my map and the first couple rounds were positioning. I had him badly outactivated so it was just a matter of keeping in cover and picking off pieces where I could. He did have Atris so it was a bit tougher to hit him when her battle meditation was in effect but he never was really able to make good use of his darth maul sith infiltrater as he didn't want to get him shot up. It came down to time and I just couldn't quite get enough damage on Maul before the end of the round to finish him off so 2pts.

Rd. 2 was against Les and his double Lancer with sidious and grievous. He won map and we played on munnilist ( grand plaza ) I chose the end with the command console room because I knew I needed to protect my Commanders from the strafe and I feel like I did a good job of that through the first 2-3 rounds and managed to get them into a small room on one of the sides of the map with troopers protecting them or so I thought. Les pawned one of his lancers in and managed to find a gap in my defenses to land in and then set up a strafe that was all or nothing. He needed to fail on one attack on my trooper that he had to strafe through to get to my commanders and sure enough the dice were with him. He missed when he needed to and was then able to kill R2-D2, yularen, and mon mothma, thereby killing my opportunist and death shots and it was preety much over for me from there.

Rd. 3 I played Randy and his Imp. stealth commandos. We played on Rhen Var and it was a really close game with each of us just trying to stay out of firing lanes and picking off pieces where we could. This game tought me an important lesson about paying attention to what your opponent is running though because at the start of the game he swapped Nyna Calixte for another storm commando and I failed to realise that, that took away his super stealth until after the game was over. I feel like I played really well this game and that if I had payed more attention and caught that mistake earlier that it would have had a different outcome. However it came down to time and Randy pulled out the win on points by a score of 115ish to 100ish, I can't remember the exact score.

Rd 4 I played Chris P. on Rhen Var. He was running Sep. BX Snipers and Spotters and this game came down to a lot of failed energy shield rolls on my part. He had quite a bit of override as he was playing three r7s, so he was able to keep me pined down where he wanted me for the most part and when I did manage to get shots off I would end up shooting myself because of the energy shields and then would fail the save again most of the time, and ended up not doing enough damage with the death shots to make them effective. Chris did set up a really nice shot at the start of round 3 to kill My commander gree down a long hallway with the narrowest los and that made things even more difficult.

I had a great time and thanks to everyone who helped to organize this event or who helped with prize support.