logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: 4th Annual Capital City Champs (Lansing, MI) Jan 26th 10 AM
PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:32 pm 
Queen Mother Honey Badger

We only had 7 people (Laura, Jason, Eric, Scott, Lou, Jerrod, and Will). It seemed silly to cut to a top 4, so we just played three rounds and called it good.

I don't have the squad sheets in front of me, but the standings looked something like this:

Lou (Rebel IGs with Crix, Leia RC, Luke RC, and Juno Eclipse)
Laura (Corran Horn with Klat Capt, Dash, Jag, Klat Assassin, filler)
Will (BX Sniper/Spotters)
Jerrod (NR IGs with Ganner)
Eric (Yun Yammka Fanatics), Jason (Krayt with Swoop Bikes), Scott (Purge Troopers)

I'm not sure of the order after me, sorry.

(BTW, yes, it's urbanshmi. I've been unable to log on for about a month despite numerous new passwords, so I decided to just start over)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:30 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Eric Larson (5th)
Cantina
Prefect Dagara
Shaper
Advance Agent Officer
5x Yum Yamka Fanatics
Yammosk
3x Scouts
Ugo

Will Piggott (3rd)
Theed
Grevious Supreme Commander
BDO
HK-47 Assassin Droid
3x Bx Sniper
3x Bx Spotter
3x mouse
2x ugo

Jason Kiernan (last)
Rhen Var
Lord Krayt
Dr. E
Marka Ragnos Force Ghost
2x Swoop Bikes
Klat Assassin
4x rodians
3x mice

Lou Vasilion (winner)
Night Club
IG88A
IG88 Assassin
Luke RC
Leia RC
ERC
Crix
Dodonna
Juno
Obi Ghost
2x ugo

Scott Sykes (6th)
Spynet
Rohm Mohc
HK-47 Assassin Droid
2x Dark Trooper Phase III
2x Purge Trooper
Pellaeon
R7
2x Ugo

Laura Kiernan (2nd)
Rancor Pit
Corran Horn
Dash
Jag
Dr E
Twilek BSV
Klat Captain
Klat Assassin
Dodonna
R7
2x ugo
5x mice

Jerrod Franke
Jabba's Palace
IG88A
IG88 Assassin
Old Man Han
Ganner
Dodonna
3x Ugo
4x Mice

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:40 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

We only had 7 people show up (maybe due to poor weather on Fri? or maybe just bad timing on our part), but over half the field is in the HOF. We decided to just play 3 rounds and not do a cut as it seemed kind of pointless to play 3 rounds and then have more than half play in a single elim portion. Congrats to Lou on going 3-0 and becoming the 4th different winner of the Capital City Champs.

Rd 1
I drew Laura. We had played this matchup many times in practice in the only time I beat her was the first time when she didn't know my trick. I scooped as this is pretty much an un-winnable matchup. Best I can hope for is to transfer into the ghost adjacent to Corran and hit him for 90 assuming he hasn't activated. Then he smacks me for 60-90 depending on saves. Dr E hits for another 20-30 and Dash finishes off Krayt.

Rd 2
I drew my next worst matchup in Scott and the Pellaeon bubble. Managed to take out 2 of the Troopers by staying just outside the bubble and then lost the init that gave me even a semblance of a chance and HK shredded Krayt.

Rd 3
Bye

PostPosted: Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:10 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

rd 1. I played scott and his force bubble / shielded dark troopers on spynet. he made a critical error in leaving rohm in the hallway behind a few dark troopers. han picked him off and thats where it goes downhill for him. 215-21 victory.

rd 2. the IG88 dual vs Lou on his map (nightclub?) great matchup of very similar squads. the main difference being his tech provides him with several lower powered attacks and abilities, where as mine are all coming from han. the game essentially came down to the final init with my han and his ig88 assassin based in gambit each with 20hp left. he won the init and moved on 2??-140ish

rd 3. played eric and his droid hating vong guys. he took dodonnas CE making it very difficult to have good end round positioning. i moved up ig88A behind a wall of the 4 mice and 3 ugs in order to set off the vong savage effect, forcing him to me. after they all charged in the room and put 100 on IG88A my guys killed them rather easily. really used the narrow doorways and bottlenecking to my advantage. not a difficult matchup... as long as you're ready for when they all come in. i saw the easiest way to kill them was to force them to charge me via droid fascination / charging assault.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 6:30 am 

My play report:

As Jason noted, he scooped the round one match-up, because there was basically no chance he would win it (plus Eric got the bye, so they ran some errands while the round was going on).

In round 2, I was paired with Eric and his Vong fanatics, and we played on Cantina (his map). Because I out-activated him, he chose Dodonna's CE and brought in three more Scouts. In the second round, he put 90 on Corran with a Charging Assault (critted on the first of the twin), and I thought I was in trouble. However, I managed to run Corran away and heal a total of 60 with Dr. E's Homicidal Surgery, and Dash cleaned up most of the Scouts. In round 4, due to a very stupid advance on my part, he managed to Charging Assault into my Twi'lek, eliminating Corran's Greater Mobile. However, Dash took out that fanatic, leaving only 3. In the end game, one of his remaining fanatics missed twice against Corran, which gave me just enough breathing room to get the win. Eric very graciously let me have the three-point win because everything that could really do damage was dead at that point. Corran's Jedi Reflexes was obviously huge in this match-up, since the Vong couldn't get in there without taking at least 20.

Round 3 was against Lou. We have played this match on this map (Nightclub) before, and I knew it was going to be rough. Ultimately, I just couldn't get into position to get around the double disruptive, and, even though I had the gambit advantage, the number of shots coming through just proved to much for me. It wasn't pretty.

We had originally talked about playing a fourth round in place of the top-4 playoff, but no one particularly wanted to play any more, so we left the standings as they were and called it a day. If we had done a playoff, I suspect Will would've beaten me, as his BX squad is a particular weakness of mine.