logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: January 15th, 2013 Floor Rules Update
PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:38 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
The Floor Rules have shifted over the years to a "spirit of the law" rather than a "letter of the law" mentality, but in some cases I guess we're not going to let that work with ridiculous loopholes. I really thought the key word in this was "published" and I'm somewhat surprised that you're adding stuff like that to your site. Published, while easier to define....eh. Doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

Welcome to my world. It's why we are adding people to look over the sets before publishing. Helps makes my life easier post set.

And the thing about the "published". At a certain point, it is going to have to change. There will reach a point that the professionally published stuff like cards and maps becomes unfeasable. Granted, at that point, I don't think the Floor Rules will have much weight. But I don't think we should discourage potential new map makers, just because they don't print the maps for us. I mean, there is already plenty of maps on there that I would have to print out myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 4:41 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Okay, so I guess I'll take out the wording on published maps. Sooooo much for me getting any playtests yet again....but yeah, I don't care enough to try to figure out how to word maps because, as Daniel stated, I don't see a way to do it without someone purposely trying to be an ass about it. The Floor Rules have shifted over the years to a "spirit of the law" rather than a "letter of the law" mentality, but in some cases I guess we're not going to let that work with ridiculous loopholes. I really thought the key word in this was "published" and I'm somewhat surprised that you're adding stuff like that to your site. Published, while easier to define....eh. Doesn't seem like it's worth the effort.

I agree that I doubt someone would go to that length to be a jerk. I'm more afraid of a kid showing up to GenCon after having practiced on his map (that should have been legal before the change) and not getting to play it.

And for what it's worth, having a "catch all" is actually a great idea IMO, it just needs to be the OPEN list. Then if something is good, it moves up. If not, it stays.

I can't see the open list ever being abused (as rarely as it is used)

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:04 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

TimmerB123 wrote:

And for what it's worth, having a "catch all" is actually a great idea IMO, it just needs to be the OPEN list. Then if something is good, it moves up. If not, it stays.

I can't see the open list ever being abused ([u]as rarely as it is used[/u])

Emphasis Mine.

And thus...why it would do me no good.