logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post subject: Re: Community Vset Fringe Project 1 Process
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 1:48 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

no voting will get us no where

do this we keep this open and get three stat cards we like then vote. its pointless to vote on nothing. Sorry i do not want Lord Ball cards to win.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 6:21 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

jonnyb815 wrote:
Sorry i do not want Lord Ball cards to win.

Thank you for the vote of confidence :D

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:45 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

voting is just going to create a big mess in the long end. Why can we just come up with a stat card? ONE

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:48 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

You are going to need to extend the voting, due to the holiday week here in the US.

And discussion to come down to one card will take too long when it is more than 4 designers. It was going to come down to voting anyway.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:04 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Are you able to extend the November 30 deadline? Otherwise, I don't think we'd have time to both vote and address any finishing touches. If we just extend to Monday night, that would include the day after the holiday weekend, and by now everyone pretty much has their stats ready to go.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:07 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Well remember, the November 30th deadline is just for a first draft. Honestly I would consider the voting process to be getting a first draft ready. Tweaks and such can be done before the final deadline, which will be another full month (December 31st).

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Sun Nov 25, 2012 3:22 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Echo wrote:
Well remember, the November 30th deadline is just for a first draft. Honestly I would consider the voting process to be getting a first draft ready. Tweaks and such can be done before the final deadline, which will be another full month (December 31st).

Ah. Okay. Sounds good. I thought of 'first draft' as 'goes into the design team for formal playtesting and their tweaking'. I thought it was going to be out of our hands after the 30th.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:25 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
FlyingArrow wrote:
Based on the unanimous agreement, we shall move forward!

R5Don4, can you go ahead and start new threads for full stat card submissions? There were a few proposals, but as far as I remember no one voted for anything they didn't post so I'm not sure what to do about that.

Voting for as many as you want or just one more other than your own, so in effect two choices for everyone?

Help me out here.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 7:40 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

R5Don4 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Based on the unanimous agreement, we shall move forward!

R5Don4, can you go ahead and start new threads for full stat card submissions? There were a few proposals, but as far as I remember no one voted for anything they didn't post so I'm not sure what to do about that.

Voting for as many as you want or just one more other than your own, so in effect two choices for everyone?

Help me out here.

As many as you want. Approval voting (+1s) is effectively giving an up or down vote for every entry. I think it's important to allow voting for multiple entries because otherwise two similar entries will split the vote and a less popular entry might win.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:22 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
When is voting going to be over now?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:10 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

R5Don4 wrote:
When is voting going to be over now?

Good question. I think the 30th would still work (and I think it's still our deadline for the first draft). If I understood Sithborg correctly, he just wants to make sure everyone can get their ideas in, so even if there are late entries still add them to the voting thread. Sithborg?

Then again, I was also under the impression that we were done with our part as of December 1, so I may not be the best person to ask.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:15 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The 30th is the deadline for the first draft. There will be one more month for the community to do tweaks to the first draft and (hopefully!) playtest it somewhat before a final version is sent to the design team. The final version will be due December 31.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:04 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I think the 30th is a bit too far out. How about the 29th? That gives us a day to deal with anything that might need more attention and still gives us plenty of time to get as many votes as possible in.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:07 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

It was brought up to me that the holidays might slow things down somewhat so we might want to extend the deadline past December 31st. With Christmas and New Years in there it's understandable that it would be harder for people to be involved in that time (especially since we would really like to see some community playtesting on these pieces). With that in mind, how does extending the final deadline to January 21st sound? That's 3 full extra weeks to work to get a final draft. Remember, the more work (and especially the more playtesting!) you guys put into this before it gets sent to the design team, the less things will need to get tweaked, and the final version will be more like the version you come up with. Heck, I'd love it if we didn't have to do any adjustments at all, but that will definitely require plenty of playtesting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:32 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

R5Don4 wrote:
I think the 30th is a bit too far out. How about the 29th? That gives us a day to deal with anything that might need more attention and still gives us plenty of time to get as many votes as possible in.

I'm okay with any deadline. I initially pushed for earlier voting so we'd have time to have more discussion before the 11/30 deadline. But since the deadline is just for a 1st draft and we still have time for discussion/playtesting, any cut-off before 11/30 is fine with me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:51 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

29th then?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:00 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

I think the 29th sounds fine to end voting and then we have a day to tweak, and turn in. The extra final deadline of Jan. 21st should be used for nothing but more playtesting IMO.

Just out of curiosity, are designers voting, or are they even allowed to vote on what they think looks most promising? Just wondering if we would be seeing any support from designers.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 8:18 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nope, designers shouldn't be voting. This is open to anyone who hasn't been on a design team. Basically that means it's closed only to Bill, Deri, Eric F., Eric L., Dennis, Weeks, Jason, Lou, Scott, Trevor, Brad, and myself. Holy crap, we have had a lot of designers....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:25 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

And hopefully within the next couple of v-sets, you can add Jake to that list...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:33 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

sthlrd2 wrote:
I think the 29th sounds fine to end voting and then we have a day to tweak, and turn in. The extra final deadline of Jan. 21st should be used for nothing but more playtesting IMO.

The main tweaks after the draft should be to adjust the cost and rewording abilities (if necessary) to address any possible rules issues that arise.

29th sounds good so the 30th can be used to address any initial rules concerns that weren't brought up during the discussion period.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 108 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next