logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9

Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 9:21 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

adamb0nd wrote:
I don't like the idea of giving bounty hunters a bonus against non-uniques... the bounty hunter SA has always been about attacking unique enemies.

Non-U BH's have the Talz Chieftan for the +4/10 against Non-U's.

I would suggest Non-U BH's gaining Assassin but that seems out of place.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:20 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Commander Effect

Non-Unique Bounty Hunter followers within 6 gain "It's a Trap!"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 12:28 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

FlyingArrow wrote:
Other CE options:
...gain Ambush.
...gain Double Attack.
...gain Hidden Attack (On this character's turn, +20 Damage against an enemy if this character did not have line of sight at the beginning of the turn.)
...gain Net Gun 16. (I'm not a big fan of this one.)
After a Unique enemy that begins its turn within line of sight of this character moves, move a Bounty Hunter within 6 squares of this character 2 squares.

I'd be for Double, as long as its only for non-Uniques. I also like Hidden Attack, but that helps Mobile Attackers too much. If we can make it so they get the bonus at the end of there move I'd be all for it! So how about this:

Bounty Hunter followers who end their move within 6 squares gain Hidden Attack.

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 5:32 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

My question is "Should a ~25 point non-unique commander boost all bounty hunters or non-Unique bounty hunters?"

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 6:50 pm 

It depends on the boost. So most the time non-Uniques, and they are the ones that need it too.

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:36 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

kamikaze13 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
Other CE options:
...gain Hidden Attack (On this character's turn, +20 Damage against an enemy if this character did not have line of sight at the beginning of the turn.)

I also like Hidden Attack, but that helps Mobile Attackers too much.

Hidden Attack (When this character ends its move, for the rest of the turn it gains +20 Damage against enemies this character did not have line of sight to at the beginning of the turn.)

Perhaps +10 damage would be sufficient. +20 abilities are pretty powerful.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 10:53 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Trandoshan Hunt Master
Cost: 25
HP: 70
Def: 16
Att: 11
Dam: 30

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Regeneration 10
Clan (Trandoshan Allies gain Bounty Hunter +2)
Trandoshan Reserves 20 (Once per skirmish, if this character has fewer than half its hit points remaining when you roll initiative, you can add up to 20 points of non-Unique Trandoshan characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round.)

CE:
Fringe Bounty Hunters gain Quick Reactions.

Changes from my last version:
* I thought there were too many SAs, so I made him a single attacker with 30 base dmg and Ambush (in case he gets another attack).
* Changed the CE. Now handing out Quick Reactions because it's an ability that will help the weaker pieces more than the bigger pieces. On a weaker piece, +6 is a big bonus. On a stronger piece, he was probably going to hit anyway. On a weaker piece, the +6 can be used to force a big enemy to waste an attack on a scrub or else most likely take some damage on an AoO.

A couple notes on Trandoshan Reserves. It triggers automatically instead of on a roll. Of course, it can be avoided by killing him in a round without letting him reach init with less than half hit points. There are really just 3 options for reserves:
* Trandoshan Elite Mercenary (the best piece available)
* Trandoshan Merc x2 (two shooters)
* Trandoshan Merc + Scavenger (swap a merc for melee with better attack/HP and who doesn't have the movement restriction)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 12:19 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

That is not how Reserves works.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:29 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Sithborg wrote:

Correct, but I don't see why it couldn't work that way as well. You could easily rename it if triggering on an initiative roll is essential to the Reserves ability, but I would also want Trandoshan Reserves to be something that could be suppressed by a "suppresses Reserves" ability.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:39 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The WotC glossary definition for Reserves requires it to be triggered on a specific roll for initiative. If you want it to trigger on something else, that would have to be a new ability.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 7:45 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

FlyingArrow wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Correct, but I don't see why it couldn't work that way as well. You could easily rename it if triggering on an initiative roll is essential to the Reserves ability, but I would also want Trandoshan Reserves to be something that could be suppressed by a "suppresses Reserves" ability.

In that case perhaps a new ability that grants "normal" Trandoshan reserves when he reaches half hitpoints

something like:
Call for Backup (once per skirmish, if this character has half HP or less at the begining of the round you may take an init roll of 1 and this character gains trando reserves 20 (add 20 pts trandos on a init 1) for the rest of the skirmish)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:02 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Echo wrote:
The WotC glossary definition for Reserves requires it to be triggered on a specific roll for initiative. If you want it to trigger on something else, that would have to be a new ability.

I did not realize that there was a "Reserves" entry in the glossary, instead of individual entries for each type of reserves. Thank you for pointing that out - it was helpful.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 10:05 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

FlyingArrow wrote:
Echo wrote:

I did not realize that there was a "Reserves" entry in the glossary, instead of individual entries for each type of reserves. Thank you for pointing that out - it was helpful.

Yep, that's one of the main differences between the Bloomilk glossary and the official glossary; Bloomilk has every type of Reserves, Affinity, Synergy, etc. as different abilities, while in the official glossary they have a single entry with certain restrictions.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:03 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Trandoshan Hunt Master
Cost: 25
HP: 70
Def: 16
Att: 11
Dam: 20

SA:
Double Claw Attack, Rend + 10
Bounty Hunter +2
Regeneration 10
Jaggannath Points (This character gains +1 Defense and +1 Attack for every enemy they defeat (This bonus stacks))
Trandoshan Reserves 20 (If you roll 16 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of Trandoshan characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round)

Commander effect:
Non-Unique Bounty Hunter followers that do exactly 10 damage and are non-melee gain Blast Cannon. Allied (non-Unique) Trandoshan characters gain Jaggannath Points.

I wanted to find a way to bring in Death Strike but... well, melee and Bounty Hunter are rare. And Bounty Hunter (any), Non-unique, and melee damage 10 are non-existent.

Edit: I couldn't believe I forgot about the "Great Scorekeeper" that the Trandoshan's worship. The truest measure of the Trandoshan hunter was how many trophies they had at the end of their life. Jaggannath Points reflects that.
Link
http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Scorekeeper

Last edited by Markedman247 on Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 4 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:25 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Quick note: there are no Non-Unique Characters in the game right now with Bounty Hunter and Melee Attack.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 5:33 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

R5Don4 wrote:
Quick note: there are no Non-Unique Characters in the game right now with Bounty Hunter and Melee Attack.

You posted that right after I edited it to correct that mistake. Also, I am sure I muddied things up but I added another idea to the mix: Jaggannath Points.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:52 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
No probs. It's better, but there is a lot going on for sure.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 5:46 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

R5Don4 wrote:
No probs. It's better, but there is a lot going on for sure.

How about that for all Non-Unique Bounty Hunters?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9