logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:58 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

jonnyb815 wrote:
Cost: 25
HP: 70
Def: 16
Att: 8
Dam: 20

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Regeneration 10

Do we all agree this is a good base?

I'd agree that attack should be +9 or 10.

But the rest looks pretty good.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:16 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Markedman247 wrote:
jonnyb815 wrote:
Att: 8

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Regeneration 10

Do we all agree this is a good base?

I'd agree that attack should be +9 or 10.

But the rest looks pretty good.

Agreed.

Medium base... Obviously, but should be stated

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 12:24 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

For boosting "hunters". What about:
Hunt master: at the beginning if the skirmish, pick a special ability whose name contains hunter. Trandoshan allows gain that SA for the remainder of the skirmish.

You Could word it to limit it only to the +4 attack/+10 damage variety. Gives a decent boost to trandoshans. Allow you to counter builds that focus on one type of piece, but not enough to be broken

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 6:59 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Very close to the Hunter SA, which we have been advised is only for Epic characters.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 9:10 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

adamb0nd wrote:
For boosting "hunters". What about:
Hunt master: at the beginning if the skirmish, pick a special ability whose name contains hunter. Trandoshan allows gain that SA for the remainder of the skirmish.

You Could word it to limit it only to the +4 attack/+10 damage variety. Gives a decent boost to trandoshans. Allow you to counter builds that focus on one type of piece, but not enough to be broken

You are not going to be able to pick any Special Ability out of the glossary.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 10, 2012 1:24 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Lets try and knock out this CE. I feel if we can get the CE down then we can boost him or add the SA we need.
Lets just go with the bounty hunter follower CE for PT. I think its going to be too strong but it can be changed if needed.

or we figure out a Merc/Trans CE that fits.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:22 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

kamikaze13 wrote:
I don't think-

Allies with a printed cost of 30 or less who have a name or ability that contains Hunter gain Double Attack and Ambush.

-would be too hard to understand, and probably easier to keep track of then Mara Jade Skywalker,Jedi Master's CE. I also don't think it boosts people too much, and I'm definitely more worried about Morrigan Corde then Vader or Bane.

But it looks like most people want him to boost Bounty Hunters/Trandoshans, so I geuss I'm out-gunned.

Yes - pretty clear that the consensus is against boosting 'Hunters'. Best to just move on. I think the boost should be for Bounty Hunters.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:40 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Trandoshan Hunt Master
Att: 11

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Regeneration 10
Alert
Clan (Trandoshan Allies gain Bounty Hunter +2)
Trandoshan Reserves 20 (Once per skirmish, if this character has fewer than half its hit points remaining when you roll initiative, you can add up to 20 points of non-Unique Trandoshan characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round.)

CE:
Adjacent Fringe Bounty Hunters gain Alert (Enemies that attack this character use their printed Attack and Damage ratings without any bonuses.)

I don't really like having so many SAs, but WotC made 3 SAs standard for Trandoshan. Maybe make him a single attacker and drop Double Claw Attack/Rend?

Other CE options:
...gain Ambush.
...gain Double Attack.
...gain Hidden Attack (On this character's turn, +20 Damage against an enemy if this character did not have line of sight at the beginning of the turn.)
...gain Net Gun 16. (I'm not a big fan of this one.)
After a Unique enemy that begins its turn within line of sight of this character moves, move a Bounty Hunter within 6 squares of this character 2 squares.

Reiterating... I really don't think he should boost Mercenaries specifically. He has ties to Trandoshans and Hunters of all stripes (including Bounty Hunters), but not to hired guns. Mercenaries need their own boost, but not from this character.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:35 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Trandoshan Allies gain Viscious Attack/Bloodsthirsty

Sorry if these have been suggested. 8 Pages :shock:

"...he is a wound in the Force..."

Dinuir ni verda kyr'am ner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:32 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

What about giving battle ready to trandoshans?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:35 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

FlyingArrow wrote:
Trandoshan Hunt Master

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Regeneration 10
Alert
Trandoshan Reserves 20 (Once per skirmish, if this character has fewer than half its hit points remaining when you roll initiative, you can add up to 20 points of non-Unique Trandoshan characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round.)

CE:
Adjacent Fringe Bounty Hunters gain Alert (Enemies that attack this character use their printed Attack and Damage ratings without any bonuses.)

I don't really like having so many SAs, but WotC made 3 SAs standard for Trandoshan. Maybe make him a single attacker and drop Double Claw Attack/Rend?

Other CE options:
...gain Ambush.
...gain Double Attack.
...gain Hidden Attack (On this character's turn, +20 Damage against an enemy if this character did not have line of sight at the beginning of the turn.)
After a Unique enemy that begins its turn within line of sight of this character moves, move a Bounty Hunter within 6 squares of this character 2 squares.

Reiterating... I really don't think he should boost Mercenaries specifically. He has ties to Trandoshans and Hunters of all stripes (including Bounty Hunters), but not to hired guns. Mercenaries need their own boost, but not from this character.

My vote goes to ambush. They way you've got this piece designed, the trandoshan mercs gain bounty hunter, and thus would be able to benefit from his CE. so that works perfectly. ambush is a good ability, and i feel much better balanced than say, GMA.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:01 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

FlyingArrow wrote:
Trandoshan Hunt Master

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Regeneration 10
Alert

CE:

Other CE options:
...gain Ambush.
...gain Double Attack.

I don't like boosting BH's as I believe them to be the most boosted SA. However, I prepose this compromise using the Bravado standard:

CE
Followers with Bounty Hunter and a cost equal to or less than this character gain Indiscriminate. Trandoshan followers gain Bloodthirsty.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:35 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

What about Quick Reactions (+6 on Attacks of Opportunity). That seems like a hunter-y ability, but not a particularly powerful one. Perhaps one that could be given to all hunters? :D

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:00 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

FlyingArrow wrote:
What about Quick Reactions (+6 on Attacks of Opportunity). That seems like a hunter-y ability, but not a particularly powerful one. Perhaps one that could be given to all hunters? :D

I like that idea. Introduce "Clan" for Trandoshans as a way of boosting the species and it might be a good piece to make playable.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:20 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

Couldn't Clan fit in as Camaraderie? Especially since he already has the ability you want to give.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:33 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

The_Celestial_Warrior wrote:
Couldn't Clan fit in as Camaraderie? Especially since he already has the ability you want to give.

It had been stated earlier in the thread that Camraderie was for single pieces. Making a sub-par uniques better via other Uniques. But big groups aren't subject to it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 5:28 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

I don't think Bloodthirsty will work unless you also give them something else:
Glossary Text
This character gets +10 Damage on melee attacks against an enemy that has half its starting Hit Points or fewer.

How about this as a CE:
Bounty Hunters followers (within 6 squares?) get +4 Attack and +10 Damage against non-Unique enemies.

Or

Bounty Hunters followers (within 6 squares?) get +4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with a lower Cost.

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:02 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

kamikaze13 wrote:
I don't think Bloodthirsty will work unless you also give them something else:
Glossary Text
This character gets +10 Damage on melee attacks against an enemy that has half its starting Hit Points or fewer.

How about this as a CE:
Bounty Hunters followers (within 6 squares?) get +4 Attack and +10 Damage against non-Unique enemies.

Or

Bounty Hunters followers (within 6 squares?) get +4 Attack and +10 Damage against enemies with a lower Cost.

If the damage and attack bonuses are for non-Unique Bounty Hunters, I have no reservations.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:44 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

kamikaze13 wrote:

This is the Bully 10 ability described earlier but without the name. I don't think it makes sense to put this on a character other than one with a cost of 18-35. If it's a low cost figure, it won't come into play often enough. If it's a high cost figure, it will come into play so often that they might as well have a straight +4/+10.

I'd like to see Bully eventually, but it should be on a new piece naturally, not something that is handed out.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:43 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I don't like the idea of giving bounty hunters a bonus against non-uniques... the bounty hunter SA has always been about attacking unique enemies.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next