logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:15 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 1636
Trandoshan Hunt Master

SA's
Double Claw Attack
Rend + 10
Trandoshan Reserves (If you roll exactly 11 for initiative, you can add up to 20 points of Trandoshan characters to your squad immediately before your first activation of the round)
Regeneration 10
Bully (+4 Atk and 10 damage against adjacent characters with a lower cost than this character)
Net Gun 16
Gregarious


Commander Effect
Mercenary followers gain Shields 1 if they do not move on their turn. Trandoshan followers within 6 squares gain Bully and Gegarious.

Trandoshans hunt their prey... And don't stop until they get their trophies.

Edit: Removed Rapport. Added Gregarious to both CE and SA.


Last edited by Markedman247 on Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:57 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 1276
Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
I don't think we've ever had Rapport without a Unique involved. That might not get through.

_________________
ImageImage


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 4:10 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 1636
R5Don4 wrote:
I don't think we've ever had Rapport without a Unique involved. That might not get through.

True. I am just piggy backing off some other ideas. So far, the Reserves (The Clone Wars ep and the RBSVs), the CE and Bully (whatever it becomes so Jedi can use it) are all I am bringing to the table. Rapport (Trando's) I will leave to Craddosk or some Random Named CW creation.

See above edits for "Hunting Party" feel.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 5:41 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:43 pm
Posts: 224
Markedman247 wrote:
Bully (whatever it becomes so Jedi can use it)


The name Bully suits it fine as the nature of the ability isn't very Jedi-like.

The only Jedi character that I can think of that the mechanics of the ability fit is Krell and the ability name suits him as well.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 6:18 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 1636
Lord_Ball wrote:
Markedman247 wrote:
Bully (whatever it becomes so Jedi can use it)


The name Bully suits it fine as the nature of the ability isn't very Jedi-like.

The only Jedi character that I can think of that the mechanics of the ability fit is Krell and the ability name suits him as well.



But would Bully be the opposite of Bravado? In other words, is the Atk/damage combo too powerful? Should it be Atk only?

As for Pon Krell, I am direly intrigued in customizing him. But that is for another topic.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 7:03 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:43 pm
Posts: 224
Markedman247 wrote:
Lord_Ball wrote:
Markedman247 wrote:
Bully (whatever it becomes so Jedi can use it)


The name Bully suits it fine as the nature of the ability isn't very Jedi-like.

The only Jedi character that I can think of that the mechanics of the ability fit is Krell and the ability name suits him as well.



But would Bully be the opposite of Bravado? In other words, is the Atk/damage combo too powerful? Should it be Atk only?

As for Pon Krell, I am direly intrigued in customizing him. But that is for another topic.

I think mechanically being the opposite of bravado fits. (Can't wait to see how the custom turns out if you ever get around to it).


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 8:42 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 am
Posts: 4739
I don't think Bully makes much sense for Trandoshans - the ones we want to boost don't have a high enough cost to make it very useful, except to perhaps take out Mouse Droids.

I don't think we should be talking about mercenaries with the Hunt Master. The Hunt Master is a master hunter... of prey or people. A mercenary is a hired gun. The Hunt Master doesn't have any natural tie to mercenaries. Hopefully a new mercenary commander comes along to address the mercenaries (who need help). I just don't think this is the piece that should do it.

Boosting Trandoshans specifically makes sense thematically, but there are only 3 non-uniques - and 2 of them are mercenaries. So any boost would need to be something that helps a single attack Melee Scavenger and two mercenaries who often can't move at all. We could do it, but any boost needs to take those 3 specific pieces into consideration. Of course, Rapport would help anyone so that's an easy thing we could do.

Thematically, I think it makes the most sense to boost all Hunters of any sort - but that does catch a wide group of people and maybe not who we really want to target. So bounty hunters might make more sense. Or limiting to Fringe or non-unique or both or a specific point cost might also make sense. Or, we could just have him boost everyone. If we could find the right restrictions (non-unique, Fringe, point cost, etc.) to boost who we are targeting, my votes would be:

1. Hunters (restrictions on this one would be the hardest, so probably can't pull this one off)
2. Bounty Hunters
3. Everyone


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:42 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:23 pm
Posts: 158
I'm not giving up on Hunters yet. I don't know why having a cost restriction on the CE wouldn't work, or restricting it to Non-Uniques for that matter. Double and Ambush would help alot of pieces. Just look at the Vong.

_________________
Image

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:02 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 am
Posts: 4739
kamikaze13 wrote:
I'm not giving up on Hunters yet. I don't know why having a cost restriction on the CE wouldn't work, or restricting it to Non-Uniques for that matter. Double and Ambush would help alot of pieces. Just look at the Vong.


I said it would be hard because there are so many hunters of various sorts that it would be harder to figure out exactly who we want the ability to apply to. Putting a restriction would be easy, but we might find that we want several to limit the CE from helping certain characters. Just describing what a 'hunter' is already takes up half a line. Consider this:

Non-Unique Fringe Followers with point cost 30 or lower who have a name or ability that contains Hunter gain Double Attack while within 6 squares of this character.

I think that's too complicated to use, but we might need to be that specific in restricting a benefit to hunters. On the other hand, if you have a specific Hunter boost in mind, post it and we can see if it boosts people too much - it depends on what we give them. Keep in mind that with that definition of Hunter it includes Darth Vader Jedi Hunter, all bounty hunters, GGDAC, Celeste Morne, and Darth Bane. It's simple to exclude some people, but there's a lot of them to consider.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:45 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:43 pm
Posts: 224
FlyingArrow wrote:
Non-Unique Fringe Followers with point cost 30 or lower who have a name or ability that contains Hunter gain Double Attack while within 6 squares of this character.

when restricting to non-unique I don't think the point cost restriction is necessary.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 9:08 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 2:05 pm
Posts: 1276
Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
agreed.

_________________
ImageImage


Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:16 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Sat Aug 22, 2009 10:18 am
Posts: 532
Location: Eugene Oregon
Trandoshan Hunt Master

HP 50
Def 18
Atk 12
Dmg 20

SA's
Double Claw Attack
Rend + 10
Regeneration 10
Bully (+4 Atk and 10 damage against adjacent characters with a lower cost than this character)
Advanced Snare Rifle: A character hit by this character's attack cannot move until the end of this characters next turn.
Coordinated Attack: Non-Unique Hunters gain +4 to their attack (??when attacking a character that has been hit by ASR this round??)

CE: Allied Trandoshans gain +2 attack



Trandoshans hunt their prey... And don't stop until they get their trophies.

_________________
Text Based RP @ The Galactic War Site


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 10:45 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 1636
As per interpretation of this figure, mine is the evil hunt crew from the clone wars with Chewbacca and Ahsoka. He was a bully, lead a bunch of Trandoshan, and called for reinforcements.

I see the point for Bounty Hunters. Hunters are too vague mostly because, barring new ones, we have Bounty Hunters, Jedi Hunters, Sith Hunters, Mando Hunters, A freaking Solo Hunter, Droid Hunters, and, if it happens living Vong hunters.

I am very interested to see how this piece looks once the visions are reconciled into the finished product.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 12:55 pm 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 10:43 pm
Posts: 224
If you want to add in double so that more characters can benefit.

Trandoshan Hunt Master
Cost: 25
HP: 70
Def: 16
Att: 8
Dam: 20

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Ambush
Clan (Allied Trandoshans gain Bounty Hunter +2)
Regeneration 10

CE:
Bounty Hunter followers within 6 gain Ambush. Non-Unique Fringe Followers within 6 gain Double Attack.

Perhaps changing Clan to:
Clan (Allied Mercenaries gain BH+2)
Doesn't quite have the same feel, but benefits more characters.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:22 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 am
Posts: 4739
Markedman247 wrote:
As per interpretation of this figure, mine is the evil hunt crew from the clone wars with Chewbacca and Ahsoka. He was a bully, lead a bunch of Trandoshan, and called for reinforcements.


I haven't seen the episode, but if that's canon I'm sold on the Trandoshan Reserves ability.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 2:57 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 1636
FlyingArrow wrote:
Markedman247 wrote:
As per interpretation of this figure, mine is the evil hunt crew from the clone wars with Chewbacca and Ahsoka. He was a bully, lead a bunch of Trandoshan, and called for reinforcements.


I haven't seen the episode, but if that's canon I'm sold on the Trandoshan Reserves ability.


I apologize for the brief explanation as I was typing from an iPhone and well, as much as I would like to write Tolstoy, it comes across as Adam Sandler.

So, here's the larger write-up:

It was the season 3 finale arc. It featured a Trandoshan named Garnac (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Garnac) and his crew. They captured Ahsoka and left her on a planet with other padawans to fend for their selves. If you saw Predators, you pretty much know the concept. They hunted the prey as they seeded the planet and used it to bring back trophies. The Trandoshan hunters then drop off a Wookiee. Surprise, that Wookiee was Chewbacca. Fans squee. Good wins.

The most notable thing about this episode, besides the fan pandering, was that it introduced the idea that Trandoshans, when about to be defeated, would naturally emit a high pitch distress call that could be heard from miles away to summon help. This ability made me consider Trandoshan Reserves. The character himself never used the ability, as he was the Hunt Master, but it was a means to an end.

That being said, I could create the Unique of Garnac but for being in only 3 eps, but I felt he channeled the spirit of this miniature.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:35 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:23 pm
Posts: 158
FlyingArrow wrote:
kamikaze13 wrote:
I'm not giving up on Hunters yet. I don't know why having a cost restriction on the CE wouldn't work, or restricting it to Non-Uniques for that matter. Double and Ambush would help alot of pieces. Just look at the Vong.


I said it would be hard because there are so many hunters of various sorts that it would be harder to figure out exactly who we want the ability to apply to. Putting a restriction would be easy, but we might find that we want several to limit the CE from helping certain characters. Just describing what a 'hunter' is already takes up half a line. Consider this:

Non-Unique Fringe Followers with point cost 30 or lower who have a name or ability that contains Hunter gain Double Attack while within 6 squares of this character.

I think that's too complicated to use, but we might need to be that specific in restricting a benefit to hunters. On the other hand, if you have a specific Hunter boost in mind, post it and we can see if it boosts people too much - it depends on what we give them. Keep in mind that with that definition of Hunter it includes Darth Vader Jedi Hunter, all bounty hunters, GGDAC, Celeste Morne, and Darth Bane. It's simple to exclude some people, but there's a lot of them to consider.

I don't think-

Allies with a printed cost of 30 or less who have a name or ability that contains Hunter gain Double Attack and Ambush.

-would be too hard to understand, and probably easier to keep track of then Mara Jade Skywalker,Jedi Master's CE. I also don't think it boosts people too much, and I'm definitely more worried about Morrigan Corde then Vader or Bane.

But it looks like most people want him to boost Bounty Hunters/Trandoshans, so I geuss I'm out-gunned.

_________________
Image

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:51 pm 
Dark Lord of the Sith
Dark Lord of the Sith
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 17, 2008 12:38 am
Posts: 1959
Cost: 25
HP: 70
Def: 16
Att: 8
Dam: 20

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Regeneration 10

Do we all agree this is a good base?

I think there are a few things that need to be added
another attacking boosting SA: Snare Rife, Ambush, or Bully/Netgun 16

Then a small boost SA: Clan or reserves or Coordinated Attack with snare rife.

Then some type of CE:
Bounty hunter followers gain Ambush, Trans gain Ambush, Something for Mercs(net gun 16) plus something small.

The cost I think should be in the mid 20's to low 30s.

What do you all thing?

So the problem is if we are going mercs, Bounty Hunters, Hunters, so on. I think we need to pick on and move on.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 5:18 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:28 pm
Posts: 1636
jonnyb815 wrote:
Cost: 25
HP: 70
Def: 16
Att: 8
Dam: 20

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Regeneration 10

Do we all agree this is a good base?

I think there are a few things that need to be added
another attacking boosting SA: Snare Rife, Ambush, or Bully/Netgun 16

Then a small boost SA: Clan or reserves or Coordinated Attack with snare rife.

Then some type of CE:
Bounty hunter followers gain Ambush, Trans gain Ambush, Something for Mercs(net gun 16) plus something small.

The cost I think should be in the mid 20's to low 30s.

What do you all thing?

So the problem is if we are going mercs, Bounty Hunters, Hunters, so on. I think we need to pick on and move on.


I'd say mid-20's. The problem with Hunters, in my demented opinion, is that you have SOOOO many to choose from. You have Jedi Hunter, Bounty Hunter, Solo Hunter (1), Mando Hunter, Sith Hunter, Droid Hunter, possibly Vong Hunter. And this is not contemplating all the people with just the names in the title. All we need is Rebel Hunter, Imperial Hunter, Bargain Hunter, House Hunter, and Rachel Hunter and it gets a bit over the top.

I would say either focus on Trandos, Bounty Hunters, Mercs, or a combination.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Trandoshan Huntmaster: Vset Project 1
PostPosted: Fri Nov 09, 2012 6:04 pm 
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle
One of the Sith on Malgus' Shuttle

Joined: Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:39 am
Posts: 4739
jonnyb815 wrote:
Cost: 25
HP: 70
Def: 16
Att: 8
Dam: 20

SA:
Bounty Hunter +2
Double Claw Attack
Rend +10
Regeneration 10

Do we all agree this is a good base?


I think he should have a higher attack. 10-12. As a Hunt Master, he should be a real threat. Not necessarily high damage, but relatively reliable damage. As a commander, it is harder (but by no means impossible) to boost his attack.

The four abilities are all fine. Three are WotC's template for a Trandoshan and the other fits well for a Hunt Master. However, if things get crowded on the card I wouldn't mind jettisoning any one of them. They're all fitting and appropriate, but none seem essential.

I thought Hunter would be a good thing for him, but that was nixed, so in lieu of that I'd just go for a higher base attack - maybe a higher base damage too, but 30dmg is pretty rare and tends to be expensive, so that's not necessary.

I'm fine with the Def and HP and cost. I'd vote 17 or 18 for def, but 16 is fine too, especially at 25 cost. I had a slightly higher cost in mind, but 25 is a fine target. Final cost will depend on what the exact boosts are.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 178 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield