logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Battle of Endor
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 5:29 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I’m looking at doing a Battle of Endor Scenario and am looking for some ideas.

It’s basically going to be split into two.

1. 300pt Battle using the bunker map.
Setup
Rebel – anywhere in the forest cover.
Imperial – 50 pts in the bunker, the rest behind the bunker

To win the Rebels need to destroy the bunker – I thought maybe the Imperial player places four Gonks in the bunker, once these are destroyed the bunker is blown.

2. The Death Star
Use the Thone Room with the pit tile – be creative
Emperor Palpatine & Darth Vader unleashed vs Luke Skywalker Jedi Knight.
The Emperor cannot Attack (use Lightening) or be attacked until Darth Vader Betrays.
Vader cannot use any Force Points or abilities in this Scenario.
If Darth Vader ever rolls equal to or less than the round number (eg. Rolls a 2 on Round 2) or the Bunker is destroyed he betrays and joins Luke.

Winning
Imperials win if Rebels fail to Destroy the bunker and Luke Skywalker is defeated.
Rebels win if they destroy the bunker and Emperor Palpatine is defeated.
If each side only meets one goal it is a draw.

No, I can’t be bothered with running a SSB bit.

Tactics/Problems!
Trying to emulate the Death Star final duel is difficult. Luke is no match for both Vader and The Emperor. But in the film Luke & Vader were not really trying to kill each other.
Vader needs to betray on round 4 or 5.
If Vader rolls low early on Palptine will die quickly. If Vader doesn’t betray by round 6 Luke will be defeated.

The Imperial player could just sit the AT-ST in the bunker door to stop the Rebels rushing in.

Advice welcome :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:09 am 
Sith Apprentice
Sith Apprentice

I like the idea of the Gonks for blowing up the bunker. As far as your concerns, you could have some sort of roll for the Imperials during initiative to determine whether or not Vader betrays. Each round would be a different number with the highest probability in the round you most want him to betray. For the At-St our group added Relentless and Limited Field of Fire restrictions. Can turn 90 degrees for spending 6 movement. Maybe make it start adjacent to the map edge behind the bunker. Might make it a bit harder to get in front of the bunker door right away then.

Our group is planning on playing a huge Endor battle today, so I'll let you know how it goes. We're using 3D terrain, so the rules are bent a bit for that. but some of the highlights include --

Two Rebel squads (200 pts, 150 pts) + Ewoks (150 pts) vs. Two Imperial squads (200 pts each)

Luke, COTF vs. Vader, Unleashed (Off by themselves, nobody else can attack/be attacked by them while both in play. Each can convert the other with a roll of 16 or higher (no re-rolls); range 6. Roll 13 or higher if enemy is at or below 50% original Hit Points. Converted characters regain 40 HP.)
If Luke converts Vader, Obi-Wan, Jedi Spirit (cost 4) comes into play and all Unique allies gain +2 Attack and +2 Defense (morale booster upon seeing the destruction of the Death Star in the movie) Defeated if Luke is defeated / converted.
If Vader converts Luke, Emperor Palpatine (cost 20) comes into play. If Palpy is defeated, all non-unique allies gain -2 Attack and -2 Defense (simulate his battle meditation in the movie) Defeated if Vader is defeated / converted.

Victory Points instead of kill them all.
Rebel Points
1 for every 100 pts of enemy defeated
2 enter bunker (at least one figure there at end of round)
1 for every 2 rounds Rebels hold the bunker
1 point for defeating various unique officers and characters set up in the two squads.

Imperial points
1 for every 100 pts of enemy defeated
1 for every 2 rounds imperials hold the bunker
1 point for defeating various unique characters

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:27 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Cheers for the response.
I like the way you're using Luke & Vader, I was considering using Luke COTF. I might use a msimilar version of that in our game, but alas game won't be for another two weeks. Hope you have fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:46 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

See the post I added in the 3D Endor thread in the Custom Maps section. It details my Endor scenario and rules.