logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject: Re: Community Vset Fringe Project 1 Final 2 Voting
PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:10 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Right now I'm hoping that at most one of Trandoshan Huntmaster and Pirate Captain make it through - mainly because I think the design process would be kind of similar for both. Between 15 and 30 points each... a CE for boosting, a couple SAs to make the piece itself a decent attacker, and (hopefully) some Rapport to bring back an overcosted WotC piece. I'm fine with a piece like that and all the discussions about exact numbers and abilities, but I'd rather do something totally different with the second piece - any of the other 3 would meet that request.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:13 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Sithborg wrote:
obikenobi1 wrote:
+1 Trandoshan Huntmaster
+1 Pirate Captain

I think these two would be better than the others. I do not liek the idea of a Sarlaac. Here are my reason's. Does it make much sense to have a sarlaac in a startship? Would you really find a Sarlaac in cloud city? In star wars lore, these things were rare and couldn't be on just any planet. I would like to see a tatooine map made eventually that had a fixed feature that affected both players, and that feature could be the Sarlaac. But I think its just to off the wall to have a Sarlaac on just any map you choose to play on. Not to mention, the peice would be a nightmare to design.

Vs, say having Golan Turrets randomally installed in a hallway or having everymap have a place for Palpatine's Throne?

Golan Turrets and Palpatines throne are completely different. They are pieces of equipment that were meant to be moved around. You could feasibly set up a golan turret on a spaceship. It just would be a bit cramped. An who knows, maybe Palpatine ordered his stormtroopers to install his throne before coming to the map. I know its a stretch, but it makes more sense for these pieces than for a Sarlaac. A Sarlaac isn't like a Bacta Tank.

And yes I do think Snowspeeders flying around in the halls of the jedi temple is ridiculous, but that was a WotC piece. We don't have many peices that flew as high as the Snowspeeder. You could pilot a speeder bike for instance in the halls of the jedi temple for example. You could have a droid starfighter in walking mode walk around in cloud city. I just think we don't need to repeat mistakes that WotC made.

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:29 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Black Sun Slicer

Ewok Catapult

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:31 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Black Sun Slicer
Ewok Catapult

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:01 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

+1's for Sarlac and Ewok Catapult

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

+1 for the Trandoshan Huntmaster and the Pirate Captain.

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:28 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Hmm... if I didn't know better I'd swear those two were official running mates. :lol:

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 12:28 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

+1 Trandoshan Huntmaster
+1 Ewok Catapult

I like all the ideas, and hope they all get made eventually.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:11 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

My +1s go to the Trandoshan Huntmaster and the Pirate Captain.

Does anyone have any ideas on the RM for the Ewok Catapult? Junk Golem? :?

Darth O on Bloomilk
Oliphantodude on Age of Empires 3 if you're keen

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 5:43 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Quote:
maybe Palpatine ordered his stormtroopers to install his throne before coming to the map

They don't know anything except for killing and white uniforms.

+1 Pirate Captain
+1 Ewok Catapult

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 6:32 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

+1 Black Sun Slicer

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 9:57 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Of the choices, Pirate Captain (Provided more useful pirates) is one +1. +3 if you somehow create an Ewok pirate captain.

My other is the Tranny Hunmaster. +1
I hope it boosts Trandoshans vs just Fringers as I get the "Clone War" inspiration that might, Like the Rodian BSV, give reinforcements on a 11, similar to that distress cry in the Clone Wars show.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:00 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Was really hoping the peace brigade would make the cut but of these guys:

Sarlacc

And

Trandoshan huntmaster

-100 to the ewok!
Hahaha jk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:07 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Really hope the sarlacc climbs back up, it's such a cool and fun piece that would be an interesting community design. While the pirate and trando seem the same in theory. One is enough (Trando! So you can recreate the epic republic commando fights agains them/clone wars episodes; eg. Net gun and one or more of these: momentum/mighty swing/bloodthirsty/merciless/ambush.

But come on Sarlacc people!!! How super epic is that!

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:12 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

GeneralGrievous wrote:
Really hope the sarlacc climbs back up, it's such a cool and fun piece that would be an interesting community design. While the pirate and trando seem the same in theory. One is enough (Trando! So you can recreate the epic republic commando fights agains them/clone wars episodes; eg. Net gun and one or more of these: momentum/mighty swing/bloodthirsty/merciless/ambush.

Any of the other 3 would be interesting compared to pirates/huntmaster. I really hope people who voted for both might consider supporting something else with one of their votes. I'm happy to do one (prefer the pirate), but doing both of the two more traditional pieces will make the design process a lot less interesting.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:20 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
To anyone that may be having second thoughts about their vote, remember you can change your vote by quoting yourself in the original post and stating you'd like to change your vote up until the deadline. This has been an option at all three levels of voting, and no one has yet done so, but I just wanted to make sure everyone was aware of it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 10:42 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

FlyingArrow wrote:
GeneralGrievous wrote:

Any of the other 3 would be interesting compared to pirates/huntmaster. I really hope people who voted for both might consider supporting something else with one of their votes. I'm happy to do one (prefer the pirate), but doing both of the two more traditional pieces will make the design process a lot less interesting.

Here's the thing to remember though. More traditional designs may be less interesting, but it will also be easier for the piece to make it through the design process.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:04 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Familiar ground is always easier traveled. Whatever the end result is, I hope we as a community can make interesting and useful pieces. Everyone may have their favourites but pieces designed by a closed design group with a lead designer on each piece are more capable of making successful pieces that push the boundaries of the game. To make that same piece by committee is a much more difficult task. Even with the most middle of the road choices in names, we can still expect to see a vast myriad of stats and ideas presented. The hardest part is keeping the community involved and interested in participating in the process. When the process breaks down, the result is less than ideal.
Like I have said since the beginning of this process and continue saying, whatever doesn't make it through to the next step of this project is a shoe in for future Vset set lists.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:23 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Sithborg wrote:
Here's the thing to remember though. More traditional designs may be less interesting, but it will also be easier for the piece to make it through the design process.

Scott, and any others from Tammany Hall, it would be of interest to me and I'm sure to others, if you could go into more detail on this process. We've often heard of, and play testers have seen different versions of the same design, so if you wouldn't mind elaborating on the process of going from draft to final design it would be appreciated. I think it might help the community make their choice on the two miniatures we will attempt to design as a group and give us a preview of what we can expect for the next step of this process.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:25 am 

kamikaze13 wrote:
+1 for the Trandoshan Huntmaster and the Pirate Captain.
I'd like to exchange the Pirate Captain for the Ewok Catapult. So:
+1Trandoshan Huntmaster
+1Ewok Catapult

All that it takes for evil to thrive is for good men to do nothing

Post new topic This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 66 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next