logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Post subject: Re: A new Play by post RPG (looking for players)
PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 12:25 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Hmm i thought that is what my char was...bigger than avg bluish grey, moody tank piece with no charisma. lol. a
Actually I think a gamorian would fit best for a hulk like figure.

I would be interested but i haven't updated vassal since before masters came out cause I could never find anybody online. The logistics of getting all the characters on at the same time could then into a nightmare. That being said, if you do decide to run one I'd be game for it.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2012 11:36 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

We ran a weekly game for close to a two years. It was fun.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:04 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Raylinthegreat wrote:
I agree. plus the ability to take and dish out kinda trump just taking away damage. I also like the prospect of both a offensive and defensive tank :)

A field medic is different from a medic, imo. A field medic is a solder that can stop the beading, a medic is the one that is at the field hospital doing surgery. So if I do the field medic the character would be a fighter that also has medical knowledge. (Jonny knows a variation of this archetype that I used in his game.) The body guard would be just that, a fighter that can take damage for others in the party... I think ether character will work.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:50 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I am medic since my character is not really a fighter so another one will work. Gives us double healing. The problem with my character is I am going with the chemical toxin talents that will make me stronger, faster, etc for a short period of time. So I will not be taking any of the movement talents till later on if we get there.

That's why I liked the bg idea. Either will work.

Not being able to go Jedi or noble really limits what my character can do. I would never go scoundrel with this build. Not having force powers is what limits my character. There are movement powers and defensive force porters that fit my character. Even dr10 a force talent is great for heal builds. Not being able to go noble for treat injury vs scoundrel is big.

O well I am done with my rant.

So I vote for a movement breaker, melee, bg, heal all,in one lol

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 11:25 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Looks like we just lost our true scoundrel in the game.....so that may be a option as well...but yeah either way you go would be cool.

Also Jonny remember that jm said we might become force users later on in the game dependent on some rolls...so have faith in the force lol. Seriously though, you might still be able to get to those combos you mentioned...just may take a while.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 8:16 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I now have an e-reader that will go online (and hold all my sw rpg book pdfs). Though it is not great it will allow me to finalize a character and post until I am able to get a pc. my goal is to have a character to jm by Monday for review.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:17 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Cool and welcome to the game. If you want you could tie your character back story to mine by serving in the same military unit...the in game we could introduce you by saying hey I know a guy...if you like the idea go ahead and run with it and just give me a heads up. If you wanna go another way that's cool; just thought it would be a quick was to set up a backstory.

And for in game purposes, are we going to assume that DabM assessed the mission and decided it wasn't worth the risk,walking away to possibly join later or that he just left? Just curious cause it might be useful in game info.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 10:58 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

DabM is wherever DabM is. We will figure it out if we get a reply from DabM :P

As for the force, remember, Luke learned the force in a hurry. You can too

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:42 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

What about jarjajrdjdj binksus he is th greatest yseessss.

Meeeeeeeeaaaaa

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 1:21 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Here is what i have. please feel free to make comments or suggestions. Also, i would like to change WP rifles for advanced melee to open a feat slot bit that is not nessesary.

Jete Talin CL 1

Medium Human soldier 1
Destiny 1; Force 5
Init +8; Senses Perception +6
Languages Basic, Durese

Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 12), Fort 14, Will 12
hp 31; second wind +12/15; Threshold 14
Speed 6 squares

Melee unarmed +2 (1d6+1) or
Melee vibrolance +2 (2d10+1) or
Melee vibrolance +2 (2d10+2) with both hands
Ranged by weapon +4
Base Atk +1; Grp +4
Special Actions Harm's Way

Abilities Str 13, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 10
Talents Harm's Way
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Martial Arts I, Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Endurance +6, Initiative +8, Knowledge (tactics) +6, Perception +6, Treat Injury +6
Possessions vibrolance

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 6:13 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Looks cool sir..just remember total include the starting pack if vest helmet and blaster pistol that jm listed. Also we started with max credits if there is anything else you may want to include.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 8:40 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I knew that there were starting items. lt's just such a pain to use this e-reader on the internet, that I could not look it up when I was posting.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:14 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I know your a fan of the MA style but since we are at low levels Charging might be better. Since you will have a greater range at a attacking and still bodyguarding.

It will free up some feats/talents for healing or bodyguarding. At least thats my take.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:49 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Ok how does rate of fire work? Is it like twin or when you get up to base 6/1 you can attack more than once...or a combo(looking at single/multi fire).

Thanks in advance for helping out a relative noob

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 12:06 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

jonnyb815 wrote:
I know your a fan of the MA style but since we are at low levels Charging might be better. Since you will have a greater range at a attacking and still bodyguarding.

It will free up some feats/talents for healing or bodyguarding. At least thats my take.

The MA feat is only there for flavor (a bodyguard would have hand to hand combat training). I can take it at a later time though, maybe next level? I will look up charge since that will fit the character I have in mind, but I know that charge will not be the main combat tactic.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 7:25 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Sorry for the slow character creation. I have a computer for the weekend, and will finish the stats and background whal I have a keyboard. The characterstats are a huge pain on a touch screen.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:08 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

I used my iPad when the doc was built.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 04, 2012 9:37 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

I have the 7" Kindle. It is better than nothing, but it is no computer... or tablet ether. I would actually call it a big smart phone since it runs the android operating system.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 10:27 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Its cool we haven't done anything to warrant gaining ex yet so you won't be behind at all

PostPosted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 4:39 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Below is my updated character. I want to get a video or holo com link that is encrypted, but if no one else has one it is not worth the credits. I also want to encrypt the ear bud, but have not had time to look up the cost, and if no one else has encrypted comlinkse it is also not worth the credits. Did I miss anything that a body guard would have in the equipment?

Also, my background story is going to be from the security force, positioned as a special protection detail. I would think that this character might know the noble, and the other soldier. Does that sound right or should he only know the solider?

Jete Talin CL 1
Spoiler: show
Medium Human soldier 1
Destiny 1; Force 5
Init +8; Senses Perception +6
Languages Basic, Durese

Defenses Ref 16 (flat-footed 13), Fort 14, Will 12
hp 31; second wind +12/15; Threshold 14

Speed 6 squares
Melee unarmed +2 (1d4+1) or
Melee unarmed +6 (1d4+1) with Powerful Charge or
Melee vibrolance +2 (2d10+1) or
Melee vibrolance +2 (2d10+2) with both hands or
Melee vibrolance +6 (2d10+2) with Powerful Charge
Ranged blaster pistol +4 (3d6)
Base Atk +1; Grp +4
Atk Options Powerful Charge
Special Actions Harm's Way

Abilities Str 13, Dex 16, Con 12, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 10
Talents Harm's Way
Feats Armor Proficiency (light, medium), Powerful Charge, Weapon Proficiency (advanced melee, pistols, rifles, simple weapons)
Skills Endurance +6, Initiative +8, Knowledge (tactics) +6, Perception +6, Treat Injury +6
Possessions blast helmet and vest (+2 armor), blaster pistol, credit chip, 1380 credits, utility belt (3 day food supply, 2 medpacs, tool kit, 2 power packs, energy cell, 2 glow rods, binder cuffs, 2 liquid cable dispensers), vibrolance, comlink, earbud comlink

Background
Jete Talin is the oldest son of ____ and ____ Talin, famers in the ___ reign. Having grown up so far from a city Jete learned that you could only count on yourself, and maybe a few close friends, in life. This life lesion was driven home when his father was injured in a farming accident, and later died because the family could not get him to a medical facility. After this tragic event Jete dedicated part of his tile each week to learning about basic medicine.

When the farms crop was too small to feed the family for winter, never mind sell for income to pay taxes and cover basic needs, Jete began hinting in the surrounding woods to keep his family alive. Over the next two years he became very proficient with a spear, lance, and bow. But despite all his work there never seemed to be enough. When he turned eighteen, Jete signed up for military service to supplement the farm’s income and to learn additional skills to be less dependent on others.

During training his melee weapons proficiency was realized and Jete was assigned to special training. Because of this specialty, Jete was positioned as a bodyguard for several high ranking nobles, but also stationed at some of the most boring guard positions during his time of service.

Ready for a change, he could not help saying yes when ____ approached him regarding a new opportunity…

Last edited by TreebeardTheEnt on Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 142 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next