logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read


Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

Author Message
Offline
 Post subject: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:08 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 pm
Posts: 2525
Location: Anderson, SC
I'm going to give a quick rundown of the winners in every event at Gencon. If I don't know the answer I'll leave it blank until someone posts who won.

Thursday
Jedi Challenge 150 pt Constructed
Winner - Greg Sutton. Luke RC, Han Smuggler, Princess Leia, Crix Madine, ERC, Rieekan, Dodonna, Juno, mice and uggies

Jedi Challenge C 200 pt Mystery Map
Winner - Weeks. Jaq, x2 Felucian Shaman's, Exar Kun DFS, x13 Felucians, mouse droid, x3 uggies

Jedi Challenge 150 VSet Only
Winner - thereisnotry. Grievous Hero of Hypori, HK-47 Assassin Droid, BX Commando Droid spotter, Veteran Uggie, Poggle the Lesser, x10 Drones, x2 uggies

Friday
Champs
Winner - thereisnotry. Mace Windu LotLS, GOWK, Captain Rex, Lobot, R2 astromech, Rodian Dip, x3 uggies

Epic Duos Constructed

Epic Duos Sealed

Saturday
125 pt Sealed Event
Winner - jew3. Master Yoda, Jedi Infiltrator, YVH-2, Fenn Shysa

Dynamic Duo

Tile Wars
Winner - sthlrd2. Belth Allusis, x2 Wookiee Jedi, Bastilla JM, Wicket, mice

Team Tournament: Royal Rumble

Sunday
500 pt Epic Skirmish

Epic Duos Constructed


Anyone who knows the others please post.

_________________
Bald is beautiful.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:15 pm 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 7:22 pm
Posts: 4982
Winner of team royal rumble

Me, Wes and Ray

_________________
Image
Image


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:18 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Dynamic Duo - me. Atton Jaq Rand and Master Thon


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:21 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Weeks wrote:
Jedi Challenge C 200 pt Mystery Map
Winner - Weeks. Jaq, x2 Felucian Shaman's, Exar Kun DFS, x13 Felucians, mouse droid, x3 uggies


Really? Exar DFS, Not holo-sid?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:23 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
BTW, did Ray or anyone print the final page of all the tournaments? I'd love to find out more info on some of these


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Online
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:26 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Thu Mar 12, 2009 8:57 pm
Posts: 3502
TimmerB123 wrote:
Weeks wrote:
Jedi Challenge C 200 pt Mystery Map
Winner - Weeks. Jaq, x2 Felucian Shaman's, Exar Kun DFS, x13 Felucians, mouse droid, x3 uggies


Really? Exar DFS, Not holo-sid?


He actually used both. Exar gave Sith Rage to Atton and made the Force Blast saves a save 15, and Sidious gave everyone Force Renewal.

_________________
"An elegant, easy-to-understand concept or mechanic that accomplishes 95% of what you want is much better than a clunky, obtuse mechanic that gets you 100%" - Rob Daviau

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 1:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:03 pm
Posts: 2525
Location: Anderson, SC
Echo wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Weeks wrote:
Jedi Challenge C 200 pt Mystery Map
Winner - Weeks. Jaq, x2 Felucian Shaman's, Exar Kun DFS, x13 Felucians, mouse droid, x3 uggies


Really? Exar DFS, Not holo-sid?


He actually used both. Exar gave Sith Rage to Atton and made the Force Blast saves a save 15, and Sidious gave everyone Force Renewal.


Forgot to include him. Ya sid is in there.

_________________
Bald is beautiful.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 2:02 pm 
Master of the Order
Master of the Order
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2007 8:01 pm
Posts: 6662
Location: Chicago, IL
Weeks wrote:
Echo wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:
Weeks wrote:
Jedi Challenge C 200 pt Mystery Map
Winner - Weeks. Jaq, x2 Felucian Shaman's, Exar Kun DFS, x13 Felucians, mouse droid, x3 uggies


Really? Exar DFS, Not holo-sid?


He actually used both. Exar gave Sith Rage to Atton and made the Force Blast saves a save 15, and Sidious gave everyone Force Renewal.


Forgot to include him. Ya sid is in there.


Both makes sense. Sid is key


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 3:02 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3193
Hinkbert won sunday epic duos with Boba and Mandalore the Vindicated. He killed Zannah abd I didn't even get a SSM roll since he crit both times.

_________________
When I left you I was but the learner . . . now I am the master.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:44 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 773
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
I won the 500 point Epic tournament with:

Separatists: Epic Darth, Proxy to copy his stats, 3 x IG-86's, Grievous for twin and +4/+4, Lancer, Sidious, BDO, IG-88 with Pulse Cannon, X-1 Viper Droid (my MVP), mouse droid, ugnaught demo, R7, Geo Overseer, and T-Series Tactical droid. It was a load and I could block for my entire squad with the X-1 and shooters without accurate had to shoot at their own peril. Learned my lesson before in this format after Bastila shut down my Twin attacks and put in the Geonosian to be sure to get double if that happened and double twin if not interrupted. The X-1 could shoot for +16 at 30 dmg twinning or double twinning if not moving on his own. He could be pawned if need be for another twin, and even after init from the T-Series, move 2 and twin again.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 8:23 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries
User avatar

Joined: Sun Sep 02, 2007 12:42 pm
Posts: 3599
Location: New Jersey
WacoBlaze wrote:
I won the 500 point Epic tournament with:

Separatists: Epic Darth, Proxy to copy his stats, 3 x IG-86's, Grievous for twin and +4/+4, Lancer, Sidious, BDO, IG-88 with Pulse Cannon, X-1 Viper Droid (my MVP), mouse droid, ugnaught demo, R7, Geo Overseer, and T-Series Tactical droid. It was a load and I could block for my entire squad with the X-1 and shooters without accurate had to shoot at their own peril. Learned my lesson before in this format after Bastila shut down my Twin attacks and put in the Geonosian to be sure to get double if that happened and double twin if not interrupted. The X-1 could shoot for +16 at 30 dmg twinning or double twinning if not moving on his own. He could be pawned if need be for another twin, and even after init from the T-Series, move 2 and twin again.

I like the idea of a beefed-up Proxy then gaining GGDAC's CE...very nice. And yeah, those Vipers have always been dangerous when properly supported...I'm just not so sure how well they'd do vs a Triple-Twinning Mando Jaina suddenly appearing in their face. :o

_________________
"Don't give the tool more credit than the master." --Weeks
ImageImage


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 3:02 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 7:29 am
Posts: 773
Location: Kokomo, Indiana
True Trevor, but I played and beat Greg who was playing that piece in his squad he was playing for you. I think he just put her out a bit too soon and missed his deflects. I play it with proxy and Mace right behind the X-1 unless there are accurate shooters and or missiles, etc. Then if someone wants to run and base it I will bring them in to fight and have a nice chance at init with Tactician +4. Would have been nice to play your with your squad but you had a more important game happening at that time haha.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 4:44 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3193
I personally still like the quad attacking Accurate Echanis in this format, but that is just me

_________________
When I left you I was but the learner . . . now I am the master.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 11:25 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 pm
Posts: 43
How many players do you have this year ?

How many teams GOWK/Mace ?


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:37 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:35 pm
Posts: 677
Location: Danville IL
Just looking for the winners or the top 4 squads?

_________________
Winning a tournament always allows doing whatever is within the rules to win. - Billiv15


[===0=]=============>


Sentinel for Life!


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:35 am 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 12:48 pm
Posts: 43
I'm looking for the champs (swissround)


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  

Offline
 Post subject: Re: Gencon Tourney Winners
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 1:19 pm 
Major Tierce
Major Tierce

Joined: Sun Dec 09, 2007 11:21 pm
Posts: 3193
36 players in the champs.

Top 8
Winner Trevor (TINT) Gowk/Mace/Rex
Billiv Yobuck Panaka Skyguy Dash
Weeks Sith Kaan/Revan/Jaq
Deri Han/Corran/Klat cap/Ganner
Jack Bastilla/atris/echanis
Lou Bastilla/Jaq/Battlemasters/covenant shadow
Gerry Naboo Troopers
Josh Hinkbert Gowk/Mace/Shieldbearer

_________________
When I left you I was but the learner . . . now I am the master.


Top
 Profile  
Reply with quote  
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 17 posts ] 

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Jedi Knights style by Scott Stubblefield