logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Rebel Junk
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 12:55 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I have been looking through my figs for the last coupe of hours and really what to do something that could possibly be competitive with commandos and or rebel swap with K3-PO however i have no idea on where to start at. with the commandos i of course am planning on playing reikan, crix, and han rebel hero so my commandos will have advantagous+10 and cunning +20 so they both would be getting a +8 for 30 on people who have not yet activated, but as for the rest i am really in between i mean i could go ERC or VRC but i didnt know if there was a better way i also have the super stealth peice for it as well i dont remember the name of it though.

then the other i dea that i want to do is something with K3-PO so i could have a swap peice in rebel, i know of course the best swap peice is thrawn in imperial and by far i probably a moro viable method to do swap but really would like to do something with this peice he really is just pretty awesome in my opinion

Post subject: Re: Rebel Junk
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:37 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

If you're looking to be competitive, the ERCs are better in almost every way, but especially because of Twin Attack (which makes those Cunning/Advantageous bonuses work twice) and also Override, obviously. The VRC is nice because they have mobile attack and so you don't necessarily need Rieekan in your squad, although if you're working with superstealth then I'm not sure you'll need Rieekan anyway.
Han RH doesn't give a bonus to attack, but just to damage, so you'll be +4/+30 vs unactivated targets.

As for K3P0, I'm really not sure of the best use for him. You can't do deep-strike swaps very effectively, since you rely on mouse droids. However, if you want to swap your pieces on your own side of the map, then he can be useful...I'm just not sure if he's worth his 20pts.

Of course, as you know, this squad will suffer tremendously vs OR Bastilla squads, and unless you can find a way to lower the opponent's defenses, you'll have a hard time making a dent in the tank squads (Mace/GOWK, Zannah). I'm hearing rumors of some good Rebel pieces coming in V-Set 4, so you might want to revisit this squad idea at that time.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:27 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

With the new squib trader from V-set 4 those deep strike swaps don't have to rely on mice anymore so that might make it a lot easier to utilize this piece.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 6:47 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Tint explained the plight of your idea much more kindly than I ever would. Reb Commandos can't hit most things, don't have initiative control to make Cunning work when you need it to, and are extremely CE dependant. As far a K-3PO, as Tint said good luck getting your points worth out of him.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:56 pm 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

gholli69 wrote:
With the new squib trader from V-set 4 those deep strike swaps don't have to rely on mice anymore so that might make it a lot easier to utilize this piece.

A figure can't relay orders to itself.