logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Are you sick of huge sets
Total votes : 0

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:17 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Sithborg wrote:
Keep in mind this is a VERY early posting. Rancor Attack anyone?

Yeah you've got a good point there. I still don't get why they cancelled Rancor Attack, it was such a good idea and a lot of people like the rancor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 8:49 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

I'd rather have 5 Rancor attacks than KOTOR garbage.... :( Rancors with new stats that is.

Archives of the Gamers Jedi
is designed to be your official source for in-game rules questions!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:07 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I really don't like "Huge" miniatures. They are one big, which makes them hard to transport. And, two maps are not very "Huge" friendly.
Also the "Huge" boosters cost more, which then makes me spend more cash.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:33 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

WOTC have a 'Minis you want to see' thread stickied. How much attention do they actually take?

Oh, they heard the cries for Darth Revan. But we're told Jar Jar Binks is coming... where? when? Only a MAJOR character.

So how about the Huge?
How many of the Huge from FU are on that wanted list?

Golan, Rancor... probably.

Telosian Tank, Junk Golem, Knobby Spider... very doubtful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 10:05 am 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

Ugavine wrote:
WOTC have a 'Minis you want to see' thread stickied. How much attention do they actually take?

Have you ever read that thread? Its there for one purpose - to keep the endless "WotC should make X!" threads at bay. I highly doubt they spend more than a few minutes browsing that thread.

But man am I happy its there :)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:15 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Fool wrote:
Yeah I'm a little miffed that there is no Jar Jar piece myself (not that I like him) but it would be classic if Jar Jar took down say bane for instance - He would be the ultimate "humiliating loss" piece.

That is exactly why I don't want a Jar Jar. He would probably be able to pull of insane kills like that. I personally think they should make a Jar Jar with these stats:

Jar Jar
cost 10
Hp 10
Def 1
Atk 0
Dmg 0
SA:
Mesa make people laugh now: at the end of this characters turn every character with sight on this character have to make a save of 16, if failed that character is considered activated due to hysterical laughing. If saved make one immediate attack against the nearest enemy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:41 pm 
General
General

billiv15 wrote:
Ugavine wrote:

Have you ever read that thread? Its there for one purpose - to keep the endless "WotC should make X!" threads at bay. I highly doubt they spend more than a few minutes browsing that thread.

Yeah, now all we have to do is get folks to stop posting their own homebrew stats all over the place. Oh wait.... :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:18 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

billiv15 wrote:
Ugavine wrote:

It's why I've not posted in there for quite some time.

I know WOTC have their own ideas, plus some LFL limitations, but wouldn't it be great if they gave us a poll of maybe at least 10 minis for an upcoming set. Because as you say, they not going to read page after page of 9 y/o fanboys wants 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:25 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

Back on the WOTC boards I created a Jar Jar who had the ability Dumb Luck where he missed on an attack roll of an odd number and hit on an attack roll of an even number it seemed like it would be fun and not too game breaking I think he had Twin and base damage of 20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 3:28 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

I would like a Jar Jar for these reasons:

1. My 6 year old daughter likes them.

2. I would love to have a "Kill Jar Jar!" scenario.

To stay on topic, I like Huge sets for the simple reason that they are my daughter's favorite minis.

She giveth, and she taketh away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:13 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

The problem with "Minis you want in a set" stuff, is minis games have a 10-14 month production time. It could be nearly a year before a voted mini got into a set. I doubt that would appease many fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:19 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

punxnbutter wrote:
I'd rather have 5 Rancor attacks than KOTOR garbage.... :( Rancors with new stats that is.

WHAT!?!?!?! Why?!?! have you ever even played KotOR? it is like the best Star Wars video game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:02 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

I like the Huges. I just don't like how I seem to end up with too many of the ones I don't want a lot of and not enough of the ones I do want a lot of.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 2:21 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

masterjudge wrote:
punxnbutter wrote:

WHAT!?!?!?! Why?!?! have you ever even played KotOR? it is like the best Star Wars video game.

Heh, while I tend to agree that I'd like to see some more KOTOR stuff in the minis line, because I did enjoy the game, you will find that quite a few people to not think it is the best SW game ever. I definitely think it's up there, but the Dark Forces series, TIE Fighter, Pod Racer (1st one only!!), Jedi Starfighter, Republic Commando, and the Battlefront games tend to rank up there as well for most people.

There are great things from all of those games we still need to see more of. :D

EDIT: And incidentally, there are quite a few great huge pieces in a lot of those games too. I really want to see a Sith faction Terentek. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:05 pm 
General
General

masterjudge wrote:
punxnbutter wrote:

KotOR certainly does not have the replay-ability that other SW games have. I will never grow tired of playing XvT or Battlefront. Straight line adventure games... meh. Once and done.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:15 pm 
General
General

emr131 wrote:
masterjudge wrote:
punxnbutter wrote:

KotOR certainly does not have the replay-ability that other SW games have. I will never grow tired of playing XvT or Battlefront. Straight line adventure games... meh. Once and done.

BFII = endless fun. plus to stay on topic:

Rebel AAC
Republic Tank
Imperial Tank
Sep AAT
hell, I wouldn't even mind seeing a Fringe Particle Cannon emplacement. Why not?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 9:40 am 
Hall of Fame Member
Hall of Fame Member

Heres My opinion on Huges

All in all a great idea, but poorly tought out.

As collectibles go, there have been some real great ones, but inconsistent, I don’t think anyone is proudly displaying a knobby white spider on there shelves. I do have others on my display case however.

As game pieces go, the rules are poorly established. I don’t ever use them because I don’t know the rules on cover for huges, I don’t see how a rancor can hide behind a barrel.abd I don’t see how they could be hindered by some difficult terrain.

I liked the separatist huges a lot, I was pissed about how rubbery the crab droid was, as well as the spider droid. I love using the Desert Skiff. I got a lot more usage out of Universe minis all in all (rancor and AT-St)

Big huge all day battle-games are what make huges fun, not the regular skirmish IMO

Form a custom maps stand point, I’ve found it very stifling to take huges into account when I’m making maps. And for the amount of use I actually get from huges I probably won’t continue to think about them when I make maps.

Final diagnosis. Huges are skating on thin Ice with me, but I’ll make my final judgment with the KOTOR set.

"Micro-managment Breeds Incompetence"

Being a Star Wars Miniatures Hall of Famer is a Responsibilty Not a Priveledge.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 10:38 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

I hate them because they are so bulky and expensive to ship, compared to their actual value on the secondary market. A normal set I might buy 3 cases of since I can easily resell the extras, but if I buy cases of a huge set I end up sitting on a pile of worthless spare huges for months. They just take up space in the Sandcrawler.

If they make a decent mass battle ruleset, it might create some increased demand for some of the military-themed huges, but I don't want to see any more Uncommon savage ones.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 12:11 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

emr131 wrote:
masterjudge wrote:
punxnbutter wrote:

I think Kotor has good replay ability, you learn more about the game each time you play, you can become a jedi or sith, and I just got started playing kotor 1 for the 2nd time and I've done some different events that I haven't done the first time I played the game, Kotor always seems different every time you play it. Battfront 2 is a great game also, but its not much fun playing by yourself and sadly I don't have online play for the PS2, just wifi for the Wii.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 04, 2007 2:15 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Honestly I'm 50/50 on them, I use huges in my squads, but I haven't pulled any of the ones that I use, rather I find eBay much more efficient (but much less fun, I buy boosters when I get what I really really want out of a set) and less costly because of the expense of the boosters. Overall I am glad that they make huges, but not as big of a fan of the higher cost.

Huges overall I love, not all of them but some I just think are great, almost all my squads since Universe have had at least one because I just like how they work.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 88 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next