logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: TILE WARS Hall of Fame
PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:19 am 
Big Bad Brad
Big Bad Brad

TimmerB123 wrote:
So - since we are doing 2 inductees a year - I am updating the list to include those who already should be in.

Congrats to:

2009 -Trevor Payton (aka thereisnotry) - Major supporter of TILE WARS, playtester
2010 - Brad Phillips (aka The_Celestial_Warrior) - Major supporter of TILE WARS, creative squad builder, playtester
2011 - Jake Koleczek (aka sthlrd2) - Major supporter of TILE WARS, playtester

Lol, cool, when can I expect my shirt? ;) :d

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 12:22 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Another deserving nominee - Amanda Pulis. BLainesmom (bloomilk), and Darthblaine(Gamers).

She and her husband (Chris) made the beautiful TILE WARS battle box given away at last years TILE WARS world championship at GenCon. From what I understand she did the artwork and the painting, he did the construction. Not only this, but she has played each year and finished every game (where others drop out). She always is smiling and having fun, and has (I believe) won the sportsmanship award twice for TILE WARS. And of course she loves the format and helps construct great teams with her husband.

On a side note - she also does amazing customs!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:35 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Yes, I remember her. I'd totally vote for her.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:38 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

TimmerB123 wrote:
Another deserving nominee - Amanda Pulis. BLainesmom (bloomilk), and Darthblaine(Gamers).

She and her husband (Chris) made the beautiful TILE WARS battle box given away at last years TILE WARS world championship at GenCon. From what I understand she did the artwork and the painting, he did the construction. Not only this, but she has played each year and finished every game (where others drop out). She always is smiling and having fun, and has (I believe) won the sportsmanship award twice for TILE WARS. And of course she loves the format and helps construct great teams with her husband.

On a side note - she also does amazing customs!

that she does that she does. And this year she will be painting the tile box for the event again. Plus the one i am making for myself... lol. I have perfected the design i believe so it will be a little different this yea, allowing for the larger tiles to be placed on it more readily now.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 2:30 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Congrats to 2012 TILE WARS World Champion Jake Koleczek! See his squad posted above. Jake we look forward to your write-up!

Since Jake is already in the TILE WARS Hall of Fame, we're inducting 2 this year!

After much thought - I am inducting:

2012 - Ben Johnson (aka buttcabbge) Major supporter, 2012 Missouri TILE WARS regional champion
2012 - Amanda Pulis (aka mammathehutt here and blainesmom on Bloomilk) Major supporter, Artwork guru for prize support

Congrats to you both, and thanks for your support!

Also - on the radar for 2013 induction, here are two more outstanding players:

Ian Cunningham (aka LukeHatesThrawn) (Perennial TILE WARS GenCon top finisher)
Bryan Hole (aka DarkDracul) (Kokomo TILE WARS regional champ - largest TW Regional ever!)

Last edited by TimmerB123 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:17 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Wow--thanks man. I'm really honored to be included. High on my priority list for 2013 is defending that MO Tile Wars title--gonna try hard to be the first ever two-time Tile Wars regional champ.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:25 pm 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

buttcabbge wrote:
Wow--thanks man. I'm really honored to be included. High on my priority list for 2013 is defending that MO Tile Wars title--gonna try hard to be the first ever two-time Tile Wars regional champ.

I've always known you were a two-timing kind of guy! :P :lol:

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:09 am 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

buttcabbge wrote:

To late, my friend. I am the first and only one at this point to have multiple tile wars regional wins. In the 2012 season, I won both Chicago and Danville tile wars regionals. Both with different squads, as a way to keep my gen con squad secret. And it worked, as there was no one playing anything remotely similar to me, and I walked away with a 2012 tile wars world championship.
So I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I'm already the only 2 time tile wars regional champ.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:30 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Perhaps he's looking to be the first to repeat at a TW Regional!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:21 am 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

I will go ahead and also say Thank You on this thread as well.

So thank you. and I should get special recognition because I am the first women to be on the hall of fame.... Although I know the pick of women who play are small, I still feel special.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:35 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

sthlrd2 wrote:

To late, my friend. I am the first and only one at this point to have multiple tile wars regional wins. In the 2012 season, I won both Chicago and Danville tile wars regionals. Both with different squads, as a way to keep my gen con squad secret. And it worked, as there was no one playing anything remotely similar to me, and I walked away with a 2012 tile wars world championship.
So I'm sorry to burst your bubble but I'm already the only 2 time tile wars regional champ.

Somehow I missed that--congrats. And yeah, we'll just say that I meant to say what Tim said I might have meant to say.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:06 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

So a little about our newest inductees:

Ben has been very outspoken and enthusiastic about TILE WARS for years. He is always fun to have around and game with, and we sure missed him at GenCon this year. He whooped me thoroughly in TILE WARS at the Missouri TILE WARS Regional this year, and I was quite impressed with both his squad and his play.

Amanda has one of the best attitudes in the game. She is always smiling and having fun. She is an amazing customizer of minis and an incredible artist. Along with her husband Chris, she has now helped make 3 amazing battle boxes and donated them for prize support. Chris puts the boxes together and she makes them beautiful. She is an important part of the TILE WARS community. Here's a pick of the latest battle box that went to this years TILE WARS World Champion: Jake Koleczek

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:41 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

TimmerB123 wrote:
Amanda has one of the best attitudes in the game. She is always smiling and having fun. She is an amazing customizer of minis and an incredible artist. Along with her husband Chris, she has now helped make 3 amazing battle boxes and donated them for prize support. Chris puts the boxes together and she makes them beautiful. She is an important part of the TILE WARS community.

As I thank Tim for all of the flattery, my painting skills are not that grand. I know basics and love to do it as a side hobby. I wish my artistic abilities were awesome but I know that they are not.

And yes I love Tile Wars. It is just about the only format I will play anymore.

To show one of my best customs i will post it in the custom section. The photo's that I have are the one's I took when it was first finished. I have adjusted some things with it and maybe after a touch up I will post more recent pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:03 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

TimmerB123 wrote:
we sure missed him at GenCon this year.

I missed all you guys too. It should just be a one-year absence, though. It was definitely a bummer to read results but not be there, so next year I'll just have to game twice as hard to make up for it.