logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: Re: Shattered Universe RP thread
PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2012 11:12 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Doc over hears Bill. He walks near Bill but load enough for the group to hear.
The doc to Bill:
"I am ok with putting the container in the droid, but I am coming with." "I am ok with a few going to drop the item off but I think having a few guys as backup on our way there and in the bar might be a good idea."

"playing it save might be a good idea." "just going in there with no protection I dont think is a good idea."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:04 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

Doran nods at Doc. "And protection will be provided."

He begins checking his weapons, once satisfied he says to them with a hint of growing respect in his voice while looking at the doctor, "What ever play you decide on, you'll have my support and protection."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:23 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Slug listens half-interested to the idle chatter as he continues to thumb through his data pad with a list of potential jobs from his regular contacts. Nothing immediate, but a couple strike some interest in him as long-term plans.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 12:27 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Bruce responds to the Doctor "You are welcome to join me as i travel across town for a bit before heading into the cantina."

Talking to everyone else Bruce says "As for you all, you should be in the cantina shortly and keep and eye out for trouble. It would be good if someone kept an eye on the cantina from the outside also. Are all of you ok with going along with this plan?"

Aliit ori'shya tal'din ("Family is more than Blood")
To learn Mandalorian, go to http://www.karentraviss.com/html/mando.htm.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 1:47 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Well the doc looks to Doran then to bill and just Nods his up and down twice.

The doc walks out of the room and says "I am ready to go when you guys are." while he is walking out.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:05 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

"well if thats the plan I guess I will go in first that way we have protection already in place."

The gruff looking Duros walks slowly through the city, taking in the surrounding and vigilantly keeping his guard up, as per his training, always looking for potential dangers and conflict. Having seeing nothing out of the ordinary he walks into a local cantina. Doran quickly procures a corner booth and places himself directly in the corner. He places his rifle muzzle down against the wall and sits with his back to the opposite wall. This is part of his training as well. To both be able to keep an eye on his surroundings and to ensure that nobody can flank him if a confrontation should arise. This particular Duros has been in military service of some type or another since the moment he could enlist.

A particularly annoying toydarian waiter flies over to take the Doran's order. Not wanting to be bothered or draw undue attention to himself, the patron waives a dismissive hand to the waiter to shu him away.

Not taking the hint, and not wanting to let a potential tip walk away, the toydarian proceedes to list off the house "specials".

"Look", says the soldier, "I am not interested."

"Two drink minimum" replies the waiter with his hand out expectantly.

Growing more and more irritated, the Duros takes off his overcoat revealing very well muscles arms for one of his race, riddled with battle scars and a military academy tatoo, laying it over the barrel of the rifle hiding it slightly, and meaningfully, if not subtly, taps his blaster pistol in its shoulder holster. "Go away" he replies.

"Hey you can't have that in here!" the now nervous toydarian says all to loud.

"I can and I will" replies Doran.

"I'm going to get security!"

"Look, go talk to your bartender. And while you are at it, ask him if your hutt owner would like to hear that you are not providing me with the satisfactory service that I am accustomed to. Ask him how the hutt will respond to one of his part time security detail being harassed. I do some odd jobs for your boss and as a bonus, I am granted, lets say some leyway on certain house rules." He replies while tapping the handle of the blaster again smiling.

"Go on and ask him" Doran exclaims with a scowl while pointing to the bartender.

The toydarian drops his head and backs up a step, the says' "but I..." with a almost helpless look on his face.

"Look, I am waiting for some aquaintences and wish some privacy until then. If you can provide me with this and direct them to me when they arrive, you MIGHT recieve some gratudious compensation. For now, be gone." Doran says a little less gruffly but still firm.

He sits there in the security of the corner, surveying every aspect of his surroundings and waits for his companions to arrive.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:41 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

To doran before he leaves."make sure one guy is a spotter a head of us and two guys behind us. we should leave one or two guys behind but I have never been a fan of breaking apart if it can be avoided."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:15 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

To doc: "Yeah, I have never been one to split a team up when we dont know what we are headed into either...bad tactics. But, I guess that this isnt exactly a military opporation, so we may not need the same strategy." His head drops slightly at the last part. "As far as the one person scouting ahead and others following, as I said, I will take point, which in this case I guess means going in first and seeing what the layout is. Then you guys can follow in whatever manner is decided...but I think your math may be off." Motions head towards the building they were just in. "It looks like we may be one short...slug still hasnt came out, and I don't think we should wait to much longer to get this done."

With that Doran starts heading towards the cantina. Then calls back over his shoulder, "I can say that I think this "test" is to see how and if we can work as a unit and what our abilities are and how we handle ourselves. I just have a feeling this is more than a simple exchange."

(at this point is where the above post where he walks into the cantina happens)

(I am in the cantina, jm, is there anything that stands out or happens?)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:55 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Remal watches the backtrail as he sees the last of the group nearing the cantina. (Perception roll)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:46 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Taking the package, Bruce opens the internal compartment of his droid and places it inside. Closing it back up, he then goes over to his equipment and takes out his tools kit and places it on himself and puts a large heavy backpack on his droid filled with other tools of the trade. Taking his stun baton only, Bruce proceeds to motion towards the Doctor.

"Well then, lets get going shall we."

Walking out the door of the building, he marches in the opposite direction of the cantina and walks towards some large industrial building in the distance. Getting to the building about 1/2 hour latter. Sitting outside the building, he appears to seem as if he is waiting for someone. After 1/2 hour he speaks to the Doctor.

"Our client was supposed to meet us hear 1/2 hour ago. I get the feeling he has postponed our appointment to fix his speeder. Lets head back and grab a drink at the cantina and then we will contact him via our holo-transmiter."

Walking back to towards the cantina, he arrives 1/2 hour latter. Walking in the door, he moves towards the bartender, and asks "I'd like a couple of drinks for me and my friend. Whats the local favorite?"

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 11:58 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

The doc walks with bruce but when bruce goes in the wrong direction. He says to Bruce"your going in the wrong direction.i am going to the cantina. See you in a little bit?"
after half an hour he hears Bruce on the comlink.

"Bruce I have made it to the cantina and talked to doran on the comlink. He says the meeting place was the cantina all along." via comlink
the doc waits for Bruce to be there but when he arrives the doc says outside?"

The doc to Bruce
"I'll just wait out here till we figure out what's going on and just shakes his head. Can you get me something to drink? I am ready my drink on." the doc pulls out what looks like a pipe.

Edit

Last edited by jonnyb815 on Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:39 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Remal continues to head back down the street to the cantina. Oddly quiet street today he thinks to himself.

Getting to the front of the bar he see's Doc hangin out.

"What's Up Doc, quiet afternoon."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:39 pm 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

To remal
"yeah it pretty slow"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 3:09 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

(DabM got his stuff working again, I'll start responding/continuing the story when he responds)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 12:39 am 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

(ok cool thanks for the update)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 8:55 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Slug heads out of the shop, sends a remote signal to his droid to follow the group walking the wrong direction to spy on them, then heads to the cantina. He carefully watches the Duros/Toydarian exchange with amused interest.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 7:13 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

(alright guys, fast forward/rewind to just after you left Borga's)

As the group leaves, Borga speaks in Huttese;

Spoiler: show
"Slug, you stay here, I have other work for you"
---the next spoiler is for Slug only---
When the others leave, Borga smiles and worms his way over to you. "You know, it would not be a fair test for the others if you were with them. You knowing Damian and all. I hope your friends aren't too put off by his quirks." The hutt laughs and begins to lead you out the back door and to your old home. "We will see if they can find us here after they deal with Damians little games. That is a fair test, don't you think?" (Please reply to Borga in either spoilers or in PM's until the group meets up with the pair. It won't take long...I hope.)

The group leaves the tattered hut and heads further down the dirt road towards the spaceport. When in the area, an unmistakable neon blue sign reading "Damian's Black Hole; Cantina and Eatery" can be seen on a whitewashed brick building with a simple, wooden entryway and force-fields for windows. The Cantina does not appear very busy from the outside, nor does the spaceport. The road, wide enough for a krayt dragon to pass without disrupting a building, is empty in all directions. 9AM is not the busiest time at the spaceport it appears.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 10:22 pm 
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire
Junk Dealer Extrodinaire

(spoiler is to recap how my char originally enters the cantina)

"well if thats the plan I guess I will go in first that way we have protection already in place."

The gruff looking Duros walks slowly through the city, taking in the surrounding and vigilantly keeping his guard up, as per his training, always looking for potential dangers and conflict. Having seeing nothing out of the ordinary he walks into a local cantina. Doran quickly procures a corner booth and places himself directly in the corner. He places his rifle muzzle down against the wall and sits with his back to the opposite wall. This is part of his training as well. To both be able to keep an eye on his surroundings and to ensure that nobody can flank him if a confrontation should arise. This particular Duros has been in military service of some type or another since the moment he could enlist.

A particularly annoying toydarian waiter flies over to take the Doran's order. Not wanting to be bothered or draw undue attention to himself, the patron waives a dismissive hand to the waiter to shu him away.

Not taking the hint, and not wanting to let a potential tip walk away, the toydarian proceedes to list off the house "specials".

"Look", says the soldier, "I am not interested."

"Two drink minimum" replies the waiter with his hand out expectantly.

Growing more and more irritated, the Duros takes off his overcoat revealing very well muscles arms for one of his race, riddled with battle scars and a military academy tatoo, laying it over the barrel of the rifle hiding it slightly, and meaningfully, if not subtly, taps his blaster pistol in its shoulder holster. "Go away" he replies.

"Hey you can't have that in here!" the now nervous toydarian says all to loud.

"I can and I will" replies Doran.

"I'm going to get security!"

"Look, go talk to your bartender. And while you are at it, ask him if your hutt owner would like to hear that you are not providing me with the satisfactory service that I am accustomed to. Ask him how the hutt will respond to one of his part time security detail being harassed. I do some odd jobs for your boss and as a bonus, I am granted, lets say some leyway on certain house rules." He replies while tapping the handle of the blaster again smiling.

"Go on and ask him" Doran exclaims with a scowl while pointing to the bartender.

The toydarian drops his head and backs up a step, the says' "but I..." with a almost helpless look on his face.

"Look, I am waiting for some aquaintences and wish some privacy until then. If you can provide me with this and direct them to me when they arrive, you MIGHT recieve some gratudious compensation. For now, be gone." Doran says a little less gruffly but still firm.

He sits there in the security of the corner, surveying every aspect of his surroundings and waits for his companions to arrive.

(perception check: mod=7+roll=11 for total=18) (Do I see anything that makes me tactically uneasy inside?)

Seeing Bruce walk in, Doran calls the toydarian waiter back, orders a (equivaliant of a light beer) and asks him to show his friend, the human that just walked in, where he is sitting.

He then gets on his comlink and tells the others outside what he sees. The layout of the interior, including where the bar, stage, office door and restrooms are situated in relation to the door, as well as how the seating is arranged and aproximately how many people are inside. He then asks Remel to keep an eye on the outside and then asks loud enough for the patrons nearby but in as friendly a voice as he can manage, "Ok doc where are you at? I am here and I see Bruce just walked in, you running late?"

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:18 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Remal, gets the comlink notfication to keep an eye on the outside and he click his comlink twice to short burst of static in a confirmation. Pulling walking over to the wall he casually leans against it near the door watching the street.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:02 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Bruce notices a waiter motion over to a corner booth where Dorian is sitting. He walks over to the booth and sits down and talks to Dorian. "I see you have made yourself comfortable." Bruce says while lifting up his own glass of the local speciality and taping his glass against Dorians. "Business down at the industrial sector didn't pan out, so I figured I'd come here for a refresher. Anything interesting happen here that I should know about? Would you like another drink? I could talk to the bartender...Damian wasn't it?....and order us a new round of drinks. I got a special request for him if he's available."