logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:26 pm 
Name Calling Internet Bully
Name Calling Internet Bully

emr131 wrote:
billiv15 wrote:
They told me to put him on my "ignore list". And then told me to contact WotC customer service.

Hey, what do you know, at least that is consistent. There is a reason 2 people remain on my ignore list. One uses the worst grammar I have seen (and I taught K-8th for 2 years), the other... I just dislike.

The reason I choose not to is so that I can see the comments when they are made. I dont really get emotionally riled up by them, so I want the option to respond and report. I told them this and they did not respond further.

By the way, I finally got my first official warning. It was not for any comment I have ever made however. It was because I bumped my thread about trying to get my minis back without waiting 48 hours. The funny part was, they told me to consult the CoC and there is nothing about that actually in there!

But this rule I understand and I recognize I violated it. I explained my reasons for bumping it, but received no further responses from the Wizos about it.

I told them I wanted it on the first page so that someone might actually see it who plays in Milwaukee (since I was out of town and needed someone to ask around for me). The thread was bumped off the first page in about an hour so the next day I bumped it back up. Lol, what can you do. I thought it a good reason.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squads/Search.aspx?UserID=29

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:34 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

to have as much posters if more then wotc, alls we need is committed fans...imo, swm has the most loyal fans around. we stuck threw thick-and-thin, suffered hards ships(wheres my emmy!? :P) and yet the community is growing ever day. and the ones already in are growing more committed every day. me, i am not nessesarly boycotting them, just not going to them unless for previews. once this site gets peviews, i'll have no reason. one thing thats really annoying is how its a "gleemax" site now. wtf? i remember when that first came out, and half of us were like, wow, rediculous! now the whole site is that. alls we need to is take are trade threads/trades here, and do the same kind of system for keeping track. alls the mods here are fans and we keep on the subject and dont randomly edit/delete. we know what we're talking about. so its not like we're lost or just deleting because someone says "thats offencive" i for one never get reports. why? because we post on them too, and if we see something offencive or dorogatory, its gone. we warn-give reason-and assist. i really got to work on my trade thread, but the fact is thingss around here are crazy, and trades would be long and tiresome. only reason. guys, this is the best group around, and i completely agree with fool, this site may become bigger then wotc. but only if we make it happen-if we keep strong and committed...now to end on a humorous note

THE REBELLION HAS BEGUN!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:37 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

billiv15 wrote:
They told me to put him on my "ignore list". And then told me to contact WotC customer service.

That's an odd way of dealing with the problem.

"It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living G-d."- Hebrews 10:31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:41 pm 
Unnamed Stormtrooper
Unnamed Stormtrooper

Fool wrote:
If you ignore it, it will go away.

Won't it?

Won't it??????

If that was the case we'd all just bury our heads in the sand. :lol:

"It is a terrifying thing to fall into the hands of the living G-d."- Hebrews 10:31

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 1:26 pm 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

IMO it all went to hell when Wotc_Erik/c left. I think he really had a passion for this game and more the RPG. I think Gleemax was the worst thing WOTC could have done to us SWM players. I also think that we are missing something I mean did anyone notice how Erik/c posted some stuff about the set and then all of a sudden he is leaving to work at EA? Seems like a little more than a coincidence. And Rob never posts there anymore the Bothan Transmissions were fun and we don't get any of that. Heck I wonder if we will even get a Christmas preview (Last years was Luke COTF and Rob posted a pic and full stats on Christmas Day) this year. Well maybe I'm being paranoid but thats just my $0.02.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 2:07 pm 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Zac_Attack wrote:
IMO it all went to hell when Wotc_Erik/c left. I think he really had a passion for this game and more the RPG. I think Gleemax was the worst thing WOTC could have done to us SWM players. I also think that we are missing something I mean did anyone notice how Erik/c posted some stuff about the set and then all of a sudden he is leaving to work at EA? Seems like a little more than a coincidence. And Rob never posts there anymore the Bothan Transmissions were fun and we don't get any of that. Heck I wonder if we will even get a Christmas preview (Last years was Luke COTF and Rob posted a pic and full stats on Christmas Day) this year. Well maybe I'm being paranoid but thats just my $0.02.

Wow, very well said. I completely agree. Wotc_Erik was cool, it seemed ike he actually cared. Gleemax is just evil, evil, evil. Gleemax is so idiotic. GRRR stupid Gleemax... I'm sure you can guess that I am not a fan of Gleemax. Wizards need to get their game back, they're losing it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:11 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I love WOTC's ignore list. I find I am not missing out much on things from those on it. I should count to see how many are on it.

And for those that are complaining about WOTC moderation. Spend a few seconds on the Wizkids board. Heck, even the Realms. Favoring SWM over Clix was a warnable offense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:14 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

dnemiller wrote:
On the subject of getting as big as Wizards.... No we will not get as big as Wizards just because I will never focus any part of the site to Dreamblade or other games like that.... So that would be impossible.... So dont be waiting for me start a Magic the Gathering subforum....

Dammit! And I had this whole big pitch ready too... :P

Regarding some of the other comments about this issue, this is something that I have been trying to tackle head on for a long time, longer than most people know about.

I have never had any qualms about PMing a Wizo to seek an explanation for a ludicrous decision being made. There are all sorts of instances of double-standards and confusing decision-making, and it just keeps getting worse. At this point, the Wizos are spending most of their time just trying to appease people who take a moment to "report this post." It is so out of hand, there just is no common sense or reason applied to any of the actions being taken.

I love where Bill pointed out that "bumping" isn't mentioned in the CoC. Then again, 99% of the crap the Wizos do isn't either. But there's this clause, you see, in the CoC that is supposed to serve as a catch-all. Ridiculous.

As far as Rob or any of the other designers ever coming here, may as well forget about it ever happening. The way things are going, I'd be surprised if Rob is even with the company by the end of next year (not that they need him very much at this point, but that is a discussion for another time).

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 5:45 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

i have no love for robs designing or his designing team either, but lets not dwell on the negative.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:48 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Sithborg wrote:
Spend a few seconds on the Wizkids board. Heck, even the Realms. Favoring SWM over Clix was a warnable offense.

Actually it's a banable offense on MWrealms and WK forums. Yep, I've been banned from both. :twisted:

How long before my rude posts end my time here? Okay, maybe not.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:50 pm 
Grand Admiral
Grand Admiral

Engineer wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Spend a few seconds on the Wizkids board. Heck, even the Realms. Favoring SWM over Clix was a warnable offense.

Actually it's a banable offense on MWrealms and WK forums. Yep, I've been banned from both. :twisted:

How long before my rude posts end my time here? Okay, maybe not.

You get banned for admitting you like SWM more than Clix? Thats really stupid, everyone should be allowed to state their opinion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 7:55 pm 
Moff Disra
Moff Disra

Xanthan wrote:
You get banned for admitting you like SWM more than Clix? Thats really stupid, everyone should be allowed to state their opinion.

I also started a trade thread (in the proper forum) trading my clix for SWM.

There is a little group think on those boards.

HC realms is a different story. That site is almost anti-WK (and it's their game). When WK folds early next year (before Gencon), that site will still have events and produce figure stats. Comic book folks are something else. Almost like Star Wars fans.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:02 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

I think HCRealms is somewhat coming around. It was still a very warnable offense to post a favorable view of SWM over Clix a little while ago. Of course, as their game takes more and more from ours, they can't outright dismiss it anymore.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:51 am 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

are you guys seriously saying clix is bigger then swm? i've not once seen a clix fan in anyone one of the 5 gameshops i've visted in my conquest...(running errons with mom:P) i have had people say to me "you play swm?"*as i was looking at a booster* i reply" oh yea, its the best man." he then goes "really, because i was considering playing it, i mean, im a star wars fan, but i dont know that much. so will i be lost?" i then reply "well it helps to know, but if you dont it will in no way hinder your playing ability or the fun." he then finishes with "oh thanks man!" pics up a BH booster..i say, this is a better choice, and hand him a COTF lol. but thats 1 of many occastions where i have told someone at a game store or they asked me about swm. not saying all bought minis, but most were intriuged. and im sure im not the only one whos done that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 8:27 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

They are saying the Realms sites are much bigger. I think it has been established that SWM has been the #1 selling minis game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:16 am 
General
General

I have to admit that I absolutely cannot stand Gary Sarli (wizo the hutt). Not only does not respect the tradehouse rules (where he states that he will not send first because he has a reputation), he changed the SWM CoC to allow for advertising in the sigs, so that he can sell his discounted products. In fact, last time I looked at his site, his big catch line was "because only your dice should be random." i.e. "don't buy the boosters my employer is selling; you can give them less money by buying from me." Now, if someone wants to run a business that on them, but to have this advertising in every single official Wiz_O post is highly unprofessional. I pmed him and called him on it, reported him to the Wizard staff memebers I know (who didn't even know who he was LOL), then he responded with some "whatever" response. I then noticed he would pop into various threads I was engaged in, which is odd since up to that point I almost never saw our paths cross. Surprise. Surprise. He soon found some lame excuse to give me my first warning. Over telling someone to stop acting like a baby or something dumb and inocuous.

EDIT: Let's please refrain from personal attacks on how a person dresses or how much he/she weighs. Thank you.

Edited by Boris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 1:13 pm 

Menoth's Fire wrote:
I have to admit that I absolutely cannot stand Gary Sarli (wizo the hutt). Not only does not respect the tradehouse rules (where he states that he will not send first because he has a reputation), he changed the SWM CoC to allow for advertising in the sigs, so that he can sell his discounted products. In fact, last time I looked at his site, his big catch line was "because only your dice should be random." i.e. "don't buy the boosters my employer is selling; you can give them less money by buying from me." Now, if someone wants to run a business that on them, but to have this advertising in every single official Wiz_O post is highly unprofessional. I pmed him and called him on it, reported him to the Wizard staff memebers I know (who didn't even know who he was LOL), then he responded with some "whatever" response. I then noticed he would pop into various threads I was engaged in, which is odd since up to that point I almost never saw our paths cross. Surprise. Surprise. He soon found some lame excuse to give me my first warning. Over telling someone to stop acting like a baby or something dumb and inocuous.

Nicely put and I totally agree.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:13 pm 
Jedi Council
Jedi Council

Is he the one that has some crazy trade thing like he'll trade one of his rares for 20 of your commons?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:00 pm 
Sith Infiltrator
Sith Infiltrator

hah, yea, wiz the hutt, sucks. i remember i started a thread asking if i could make a new name and not break the COC *i was still jedimasterzack2049 back then, a noob* he locked it and said it shouldnt be there. and didnt even anser. wtf?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 7:36 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Let's please refrain from personal attacks, particularly regarding people who aren't present to defend themselves.

Thanks.

"I would really, really like to not have anything else happen at the end of the round other than things just ending." -- Sithborg

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next