logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: idea for new vset figs
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:18 pm 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I know that there has to be a thread around here but i cant find it. But i just finished listening to an audio book from the clone wars era... i dont remember the name but it is something to do with cestus. Long story short it introduce a droid that i am now completly in aww over... the JK-13. I love this droid and seems like it could be something very good for a new piece. Im not sure ofwhat it would have but just throwing it out there and seeing what people think

Post subject: Re: idea for new vset figs
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:02 pm 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Quote:
The JK-Thirteen appeared chest-high and divided into sections, giving it a spider-like appearance in its attack mode. So much so that the cave spiders, who used to rule Cestus, thought of them a natural enemy and defeated them allowing Obi-Wan and many Desert Wind members to escape from the surprise attack. Its primary weapon was a set of stun tentacles extending from virtually every point on its body: these tentacles could be used to cut an opponent or deliver a disabling charge. Its primary defense was a deflector shield generator-like technology that allowed it to absorb blaster bolts and presumably other weapons fire before it even came into contact with the droid itself.

Like all Cestus Cybernetics droids of its period, the JK-13 was unusually ornate and flexible, with a golden finish and enormous articulation of its tentacles, which could become a fine strand or thicker rope or cable as needed.

The JK-13s were bio-droids: they used a living circuit design incorporating organics into the core processor, which was actually a life-support unit for a creature known as a dashta eel. Because the eels were Force-sensitive, they granted the droid some measure of precognitive abilities. This, in turn, granted it great combat ability; a JK-13 was able to defeat both a destroyer droid and even an ARC trooper nicknamed Sirty, but was defeated by Jedi Master Kit Fisto, though not with ease. Also, it took Obi-Wan Kenobi two energy weapons (his lightsaber and a lightwhip) to defeat it. It was later revealed that the Dashta eels could not kill another sentient being without going insane, meaning that the droids could never be deployed as combat units.

They sold faster than they could be produced, and cost 80,000 credits during the Clone Wars. They were assembled by Clandes Industrial in the city of Clandes.

History

The droids became important when Count Dooku employed them in a devious trap for the Galactic Republic. He circulated rumors that he planned to buy tens of thousands of the droids, clearly a grave threat to the Republic. He even sent out a prototype to attack Jedi Master Devan For'deschel, who lost an arm to the droid. The Republic responded by sending Jedi Generals Kit Fisto and Obi-Wan Kenobi to Ord Cestus to resolve the issue, because had the JK participated in the war, it would have been one of the most dangerous droids in the army of the Confederacy of Independent Systems. However, it was later revealed that the droids could neither be modified for lethality nor produced in great numbers, and that Dooku in fact had no real plans to do so.

These things look cool!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:01 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

I have been watching the clone wars micro series and also doing a lot of reading and reasearch on the clone wars era just due to the fact that im getting ready to run a campaign and found another interesting character that i think would be cool if we could shed some light on him. His name is Roron Corobb, Ithorian Jedi. i had already thought we had him, thinking of momaw nadon, but i was wrong, this guy was good with a light saber and was said to have a war throat that was "as powerful as any fore blast" and later died to general grievous. just another idea.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:07 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

SvenBlackSunVigo wrote:
I have been watching the clone wars micro series and also doing a lot of reading and reasearch on the clone wars era just due to the fact that im getting ready to run a campaign and found another interesting character that i think would be cool if we could shed some light on him. His name is Roron Corobb, Ithorian Jedi. i had already thought we had him, thinking of momaw nadon, but i was wrong, this guy was good with a light saber and was said to have a war throat that was "as powerful as any fore blast" and later died to general grievous. just another idea.

Actually there is already a Roron Corobb. He's in the Clone Wars Battles set that has the Lancer in it.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:08 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Not a clone wars era, but I wouldn't mind seeing a mini of Gantoris made up. Just another idea.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:06 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

As i mentioned above, i am working on a clone wars campaign and that is why i keep coming across just some awesome characters that would be awesome to have a v set card of there own. i know that the goal is to cover the majority of every character and that you guys who are working on this are doing a great job i just really feel like thowing out some more ideas, maybe for some future vsets.
Bulduga and Onca- these are the ithorian bounty hunters, these guys could be kinda like ponda boba and dr e with rapport for each other. and other complimentary skills for each other.

Derrown- this guy is just all kinds of awesome he is the parwan who is able to injest the chemicals to get through the ray shield, he could have flight of course seeing as how he hovers anyways.

Rako Hardeen- this one could technically have 2 different figs for him, Rako as himself with sniper, single shot barrell, and stealth. then the second could be obi wan as Rako were he would have force points as well or just as easily go with the later instead of rako as himself since obi was the one in the lime light

Sixtat-im not really sure what this guy could have he wasnt my favorite by any means

twazzi- this one i like alot, she is a sniper but also very acrobatic and stealth like as well i think she could be very intriging

Kiera Swan

Sinrich- creator of the holographic disguise matrix... this was the thing that made all of the bounty hunters look as if the were senate guards or coulod make anyone look like anything, i really think if we were able to make this into a special ability that would be awesome

mantu- this is selkath he looks like he would be definatly a melle fighter and could be good as well

and then of course...

moralo eval- this guy just rings "i need a mini" i mean this guy could have rapport for bounty hunters, a commander effect that gives all bounty hunters maybe a standard +4, kinda like they got it through the box, or one even better something that would be kind fun, give him a special abiltiy called the box, they have a standard +4 however at the end of there turn they make a save of say 11 and if they fail they take 10-20 points of damage, at the risk of playing him. i mean he is training them and tasking there skills so this could be an idea. let me know what you think

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 12:39 pm 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hunt Saboteur - these guys were hired to protect and safely deliver someone with a bounty on their head to a safe destination. They were fast, smart and agile.

19 pts

50 hp
17 def
6 atk
10 dam
Speed 8
Draw Fire
Evade
Agile
Hunt Sabotage (Enemy special abilities with the word "hunter" in it may not be used against any ally adjacent to this character)

Last edited by TimmerB123 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 7:14 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

TimmerB123 wrote:
Hunt Saboteur - these guys were hired to protect and safely deliver someone with a bounty on their head to a safe destination. They were fast, smart and agile.

19 pts

50 hp
17 def
6 atk
10 dam
Speed 8
Draw Fire
Evade
Agile
Hunt Sabotage (Special abilities with the word "hunter" in it may not be used against any character adjacent to this character)

I like that idea! :ugeek: