logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post subject: SWMResources.com is ready to go!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:23 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Alright guys, I posted a few weeks ago that I was working on a new SWM website to carry on the torch from The Holocron. Well, I've finally got it to a point that I'm willing to show it off!

The URL is http://www.swmresources.com

Obviously there isn't a ton of stuff there at the moment, but it's still very much a work in progress. What IS there is a lot of rules resources (a PDF of the Restricted Map list, the full rulebook, the official floor rules, the Glossary, the FAQ, and errata), the PDFs of ALL the V-set materials (set lists, cards, etc.), downloads and some simple instructions for VASSAL and Mini Manager, and the first of hopefully many articles!

I've still got a lengthy to-do list of things to add, but hopefully what is there will be useful to everyone. I also hope to get many more articles up on a semi-regular basis.

I'm still listening to what you guys want to see, so if there is something you'd like (a new resource, an article on a specific subject, whatever), let me know and I'll do what I can to get it up!

Thanks to everyone who has already contributed something to this project, and special thanks to kezzamachine for making me the logo!

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

Last edited by Echo on Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Re: SWMResources.com is ready to go!
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:32 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Awesome! The map pdf alone is worth it's weight in gold. Nice work Daniel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 8:44 am 
Jedi Knight
Jedi Knight

Awesome!! Glad to see it up and running. This is going to be so helpful, and it's quite handy to have all the resources gathered in one place. It went straight into my bookmarks

My trade thread: http://swmgamers.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=8437

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:39 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Excellent! I look forward to seeing more articles and content.

Thanks for doing this. :)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:36 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Good job. Now to work on my contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:47 am 
Droid Army Commander
Droid Army Commander

Location: Yes, I am yet another Canadian. Keeping the game alive on life support in the GTA.
Site looks great Daniel.

Any plans on putting up the articles from the Atlanta SWG site? Maybe not all are still relevant but there are a few that are totally timeless, the one by Audri about being a gaming girl for instance.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:39 am 
Intelligence Operative
Intelligence Operative

Awesome! Nice to have another site to replace the dear holocron, need help with any articles?
Also would be cool to have things like:

-polls to vote on favorite miniatures by faction/set/commanders/beats/etc...

-Detailed reviews of miniatures (what they work with/weaknesses+strengths)

-And my definite most requested! Some old school Wizards style previews on there (stats, a history/biography blurb of the character, a paragraph on the piece itself and who it helps/how to use it, and maybe even with a picture of a custom and how to make it?)

Again though awesome work and let me know if you would like any help with articles/other written bits.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:41 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

R5Don4 wrote:
Site looks great Daniel.

Any plans on putting up the articles from the Atlanta SWG site? Maybe not all are still relevant but there are a few that are totally timeless, the one by Audri about being a gaming girl for instance.

Holy crap, I remember reading that article years ago, but didn't realize it was Audri who wrote it! I didn't really know who she was at the time, lol.

Yes, it's possible that I'll upload articles from the Atlanta SWG site to SWMResources.com. I also have all the old Holocron articles (which there are a TON of), so I can put some of those up, too. If there are some specific ones from either site you'd like up on SWMResources.com, let me know and I'll try to get in touch with the author to get permission to host them.

"You can't per aspera ad astra unless there's some aspera in front of your astra. And that means sometimes the aspera gets you." - Donald X. Vaccarino

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:44 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

GeneralGrievous wrote:
Awesome! Nice to have another site to replace the dear holocron, need help with any articles?
Also would be cool to have things like:

-polls to vote on favorite miniatures by faction/set/commanders/beats/etc...

-Detailed reviews of miniatures (what they work with/weaknesses+strengths)

-And my definite most requested! Some old school Wizards style previews on there (stats, a history/biography blurb of the character, a paragraph on the piece itself and who it helps/how to use it, and maybe even with a picture of a custom and how to make it?)

Again though awesome work and let me know if you would like any help with articles/other written bits.

I might put some polls up in the future, but I think those work better on the forums (here or Bloo Milk).

Miniature reviews is a good idea, maybe we can make that a regular column. :)

Wizards-style previews is also a great idea! I might not be able to get one up for V-set 4 since it's coming out so soon, but I'll definitely try to do that for set 5 and onward.

If you'd like to write an article, more is better at this point! A few people have gotten in touch with me about writing stuff (either one-shot articles or regular columns), so if you have an idea of something to write, go for it and I'll be happy to host it! Content is the main thing missing from the site right now, so I'd love to get some from whoever is willing to write them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 11:07 am 
One of The Ones
One of The Ones

Hey - site is really looking awesome Daniel.

We should probably get the latest floor rules on there, as well as the updated map list for the legal map list.

Keep up the great work!