logo

All times are UTC - 6 hours

Mark forums read

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Post subject: Re: Danville IL 2012 Regional - June 30th
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 7:55 am 
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina
Really Cool Alien from a Cantina

:mj: 2-audri; MLP squads are legal no matter how many points they consist of. :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 9:19 am 
Black Sun Thug
Black Sun Thug

Good morning after a nice night of sleep i believe that it is time for my tournament report. unfortainatly i did not take many notes as i did i kokomo so it wont be nearly as detailed.

But i believe first and formost i need to tell you all how my regional squad came about. my personal favorite sqaud type is activation control with 20 plus activations, lot of little shooters and no bricks. Well after kokomo and several local events of that being all i ever played i was challeneged to do something completly out of my norm. So ben gave me the stipulations, under 11 activations, no activation control. and for giggles i put in most have bricks. so i first went sith if im just off the cliff lets go all the way. i then looked at the cards and realized it was like they were written in french and i understood nothing out of it and decided lets not just kill yourself completly so that brought me to another idea. Mace in your face...thanks laura. it fit the bill no activation control 11 activations and sticks lots of sticks.

SO here is the list of what i played:
squad name: Thanks to laura mace in your face
Map: Cantina
mace windu legacy of the light side
foul moudama
general skywalker
r2-d2 astromech droid
r7 astromech droid
panaka
spaarti clone x2
rodian brute x2
mas

Well first off the entire tournament i only faced the missouri boys. no problems there great guys, awesome players and great attitudes. however i will admit i cant remember my first opponents name. sorry

round 1- bastilla, revanchist, vander, visas marr
the game started off pretty normal i won map, he set up on the side were you can get to gambit in a turn and put bastilla in the stair case for cover. with me on the otherside. by the first round mace has made in down the long hall way and in the room with double doors with one overriddeen open by one of my droids. he sends vander out there and lights me up with mace the only one being within 6 four shots, put quite a bit of damage on him my activation was kill vander. the following went through untill we practiacally met on the steps were he set up. this is were it got ugly. with bastilla shutting off swap i managed to work with it. some how i ended up killing visas leaving bastilla and revanchist very low. he lost the key initiative and i went first. mace on revanchist was with in death range and then could have attempted to kill bastilla. however only needing a 6 to hit him i missed 3 shots and even burning the rerolls. i then ran for the hills clogging everything. long story short mace missed 8 shots that game and was unable to hit a broad side of a barn. 0-1 for me

round 2-bill-jacen, vergere, and i believe leia solo the one that allows you to reroll stuff.

well i lost map landed on bothan spy net. i took the side with the control room cause i had playtested from that side previously. he took the opposite and put all his guys in the hall. bill wound up putting most of his heavy hitters around 12 squares up from the hall being about one square out of gambit. i then move mace up close and personal to jacen we hit each other around and killed off a couple here and there by mid game it is foul mace and skywalker out in the center swatting away with vergere leia and jacen still. so mace let veregere take an aoo he missed then went to town on jacen this was after leia had been dead. mace rolls a crit. he then rolls a crab armor save and missed that went to reroll and absorbed the force point killing jacen. bill is great to play against always having fun and i loved the squad was great. 1-1

lunch time oh how it couldnt come any sooner. went to bww had beer and wings and a good time hanging and talking with everyone. we then were walking back to the mall and my buddy mark decided to kick me square in the back me and him have been friends since highschool so it was just for fun, so i then turn around to kick him back miss of course. we wind back in the store and i use the restroom and found up that my pants had ripped from zipper to knee. so i ran to carsons that day and bought a new pair of shorts. got back and everyone was chuckling. les said i just heard the best line wait we cant start the match my oppenent had to buy pants.

round 3-gunther-revan swap with bastilla, jedi crusader, atton and carth.
this one was a tough match, he lost map roll and took the side on cantina with access to gambit first round. i started same place i always get. round one was starting fairly slow, however thanks to r2 and foul, foul was in gambit first turn. i dont remember this match completly however something had happened and mace was able to get to revan without him even having a chance to do a thing and killed off revan. leaving bastilla, atton, and carth i then moved foul in to kill a rodian, and started to get skywalker into place.gunther had one of his shooter base to base with mace, and another one next to foul. the one next to mace died and the one next to foul got away with 10 hitpoints left. bastilla came in for a visit i ended up force pushing her 2 and ran back 6 because mace was very close to death and didnt feel like complelty loosing him. bastilla had to move into get to mace with out an attack and his shooter killed mace before he had a chance to kill bastilla, skywalker went toe to toe with her b rought her to ten points and i believe a rodian brute with skywalkers momentum bonus killed bastilla, i may be wrong in who killed who, but skywalker retreated and ran for cover inbetween the two doors, gunther took the chance and killed skywalker, so it was his shooter, panaka mas and i think my spaartis, his shooter at 10 and activated panaka shot for the win.2-1

round 3- ray-NR ganner, mara, jaden korr, han solo

alright confession time, in the three regionals i have been to i have never ever played a hall of famer except for tim in the top four of kokomo.btw winner of this match goes to top 4

ray won map and was on broken base, i set up on the insde and started to go off and do my thing, long story short in the 1st round foul i think had 40 damage, mace i think had 60 and mara was dead. by round 2 mace was dead foul had more damge on him and skywalker was moving in, i dont think i dropped anything else between some stupid play mistakes on my side of 1 forgetting disruptive and 2 forgetting that a door would have to be open in order to swap, i lost pretty badly i mean his guys all had some damage on them but not enough. ray won and was a great match. 2-2\

so all and all this regional was very good, thanks to everyone who showed up from misouri, and chicago, and indy, and kokomo it was great to see you all again. and congrats to wes, you did good and diserve that win man awesome job. i hope to see you all at gencon as long as work is permitting.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:27 am 
Ugnaught Master!
Ugnaught Master!

Oh, man, what a day/night!
First off, I have to say it was quite possibly one of my favorite days of minis gaming ever, and those props go out to Audri for organizing an awesome event, Les for being a great judge, the prize support gathered, and the most respectable group of players you could ask for!

I had a squad built for Missouri's Regional, but I second guessed myself and switched at the last moment, much to my own demise. I knew beyond a shadow of a doubt that New Republic was going to be represented in Danville, and it certainly did not disappoint!

-- Solo, Charged and Korr-ed --
50 Han Solo, Galactic Hero
45 Mara Jade, Jedi
33 Jaden Korr
29 Ganner Rhysode
27 Lobot
9 General Dodonna
3 Mouse Droid
3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

(199pts. 8 activations)

Round 1 - Audri and her Vong of Death
Reinforcements - Twi'lek Bodyguard, Salacious, Uggie (I think)
As she reported, it was a great game, and many people know I hate the words "Auto-loss," so, regardless of what I was facing, I would never back down. The game could have ended differently if Han had killled the Praetorite Vong giving out Scarification, but, alas, he failed that roll (but not many more let downs by him the rest of the day).
0-1 Not worried yet

Round 2 - Chance and his Rebel Commando Charging Assault squad
Reinforcements - R7, Twi'lek Bodyguard
Chance won map roll and I got my first experience on the Cantina map. In this game, Han was the MVP. His accurate shot on Han in Stormtrooper Armor, and Disruptive on the Super Stealth pieces made it pretty much a clean sweep. Although, thinking back on the game, when I levitated Mara to kill Luke, RC (before he got to attack, btw), I hit and he kept Djem So hitting. Hey, yeah, I allowed that, lol. Chance, if you're reading this, you can't Djem So Mara's attacks, because they are non-melee, LOL. Didn't make a difference, and it was a victory for the New Republic. Chance's dice really did not play well, because he was rolling horrible.
1-1 Time for lunch

Lunch - Buffalo Wild Wings
Order - Gunther and I split a combo plate of Ribs and Honey BBQ wings
Result - $19.49 for both of us, good times getting to talk to people, helping Chance play the on screen trivia game.

Round 3 - Chris Elwell and a Sith Squad with Lord Kaan, Dash, Atton, HoloSid
Reinforcements - Salacious Crumb and Momaw Nadon
Once again, I lose map roll, and we go play in Salacious's home, Jabba's Palace. First two rounds are pretty uneventful, but he gets some shots off with Dash, and gets Kaan right up in Mara's grill. Momaw goes down without much of a fight, but he did his job of being a road block for a bit. Atton does some damage to Korr, but I quickly finish Atton/Exar FS off with a shot from Han, a Lightning from Korr, and a Force Push from Ganner. Mara kills Kaan, he blows up, kills two of his own pieces, and Mara makes the save. After that, Mara kills Dash, and it's just playing clean up. One of the highlights from that game is that Ganner used all three different Force Powers in one game.
2-1 Excited and nervous about what is in my future

Round 4 - Shawn and "Mace in the Face"
Reinforcements - I have to give props to Daniel for the idea of keeping two Twi'lek Bodyguards around!
Oh my God, I won map roll (only time all day, in fact), so we definately have to play on Ravaged Base. Shawn is my kind of player, get the pieces into battle, play the game, don't wait for mistakes by opponent, and boy did we get it on. As he said, by a few activations into the second round, Mara was dead, Mace and Foul were both wounded, and we were all up in each others' face! I used Lightning on Anakin and Doombot, and it was a chasing game after that. I knew that winning that game meant Top 4, and I was in it to win it. Shawn, you were a great opponent, man, no doubt about that.

Okay, so I get third after Swiss and will be facing . . .

Round 1, Playoffs - Randy Barker and Imperials: Weir, Nyna, GAThrawn, 3 Storm Commandos, Tyber, Pelleon, Dignitaries
Reinforcements - Momaw Nadon and Salacious Crumb
I brought in Momaw again because on his map, I saw some choke spots where his Imperial Dignitaries could hold me back, and with his squad having Nyna and Tyber, I needed access to his characters quickly. In this game, Han was the star, due to NTMTO and Disruptive. I moved in fast, with Momaw popping off War Throat at the end of Round 1 and beginning of Round 2 to put damage on quite a few pieces. I then levitated Han into the mix, and he finished off Calixte on the third activation of Round 2. His Double Bubble meant I couldn't use Force Powers as commonly as I had been doing all day, but in the end, it didn't matter.

On to the Final Game!

Reinforcements - Momaw Nadon and Salacious Crumb
Wow, who ever would have thought a squad with Cad Bane, Corran Horn, and a Klatooinian Captain would go undefeated, but Wes played like a champ all day long! I used Momaw again and killed off two Uggies and a Mouse at the beginning of Round 2, plus some damage on other characters. However, in this game, I made my first critical mistake of the day by letting Cad Bane get a clear shot on Mara, and I thought that would be the end of it. Corran came in for the kills, but with some good shots, Force Powers, and winning inits, I killed him and R2/P0 off. Then, once I killed his Lobot, the game got much closer and much more interesting. I locked the door (we were on Throne Room), and made him come around to the backside. I killed off his TBSV and Klat Capt in this respect, and only had to worry about Cad Bane. It was a nail biting affair with Cad Bane at 60, Ganner at 40, my Lobot, my Uggie, both of our Dodonnas. Cad was across the room, I had to spend renewal point to get to him, and I missed the attack. I win init, pop Cad down to 20, but no crits. Ganner dies, Cad flies. Both Dodonna and Uggie go in for possible crits, but it never happened, and so Wes wins in one of my all time favorite games. Kudos to you, my friend!

Hey, have a said yet how much of a great time I had? Well, if you aren't sick of it yet, I haven't said it enough. Oh, and by the way, Daniel Stephens, you're out of the will for this statement.

Quote:
Big congrats to Wes! I was definitely rooting for you to win this one. :D

Now, someone tells me there is something called "GenCon" coming up. Does anyone have any information on it? It sure sounds like something I might want to attend.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:53 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

A really solid event at Danville yesterday. 16 players and no major problems.

Some interesting rules questions that made me think and kept me on my toes. After some leasons learned from past regionals I brought along a different set up. For those of you judging regionals, a laptop and a projector helps things run so more more smoothly than with out. I was able to insure that every one knew the time left and what everyone's current records were.

I will post all the squads and results tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 am 
Imperial Dignitaries
Imperial Dignitaries

Best quote of the day. "We can't start yet. My opponent had to get a new pair of pants."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:24 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So Ray jokingly told me I could not play Mandos in Danville as I have played them the last 2 years in the MO regionals. So after looking at several squads I finally settled on this for something fun to try.

Little Green Beast
Master Vandar
The Revanchist
Bastila Shan, Jedi Master
Visas Marr
Lobot
Mouse Droid x2
Uggnaught Demolitionist

So my first game was against Shaun with Mace in your face. I brought in Figrin D'an and an R7 as reinforcements. After he killed of Master Vandar with mace I thought I was screwed. However by using Visas Marrs bodyguard and with Shaun rolling really bad with mace I was able to keep my pieces alive long enough to kill off General Skywalker after using Bastila to turn off his swap CE. The game cam down to when Shaun won init and then missed his 3 attacks and 2 rerolls with Mace and thus not killing The Revanchist. I was then able to chase Mace down and finish him off with The Revanchist and Bastila for the Win.

My second Game was aginst Randy. I brought in Greedo, BH as reinforcements. The game was a long shot as I had no shooters except Greedo. Randy moved a storm commando into gambit by the second round. I then moved up Vander to try to kill it and dropped it down to 10 HP. I also moved Bastila and the Revanchist since he was moving Pelleaon and Grand Admiral Thrawn to keep me from using force powers. I used Greedo to kill an Imperial Dignitary that Randy moved up to Master Vandar. Randy was then able to whittle down the Revanchist and Killed Master Vandar. I was able to get to Weir with the Revanchist but I missed both attacks. Randy then Killed the Revanchist leaving me with Bastlia, Lobot, and Greedo. Randy then got the drop on Bastila and killed her with a storm commando. I then conceded the match with my only damage dealing piece left being Greedo.

My third game I face Ben playing Mando Scouts with Jaster. As I play Mandos a lot I knew I had a very uphill fight. I brought in Ponda Baba, GC and a Mouse as Reinforcements. I hid bastila near the front steps on peaceful city along with lobot. I moved Vandar, Visas, and the Revanchist up to gambit. Ben moved his scouts up so that they could get into positions to shoot at my squad. at the begining of the second round I used Bastila's ABM to get rid of Ben's death shots. I then moved both Vandar and the Revanchist into gambit with Visas and Ponda Baba for Bodyguard while Ben used Mice and Commanders to out activate me. Ben then took some shots at Vandar and Ponda Baba and hit them for a little damage. The next round I was able to Ambush a Scout with Vandar and Kill it. He then used a couple of scouts to hurt Vandar pretty bad. However he left one Scout unactivated that the Revanchist could reach and kill. Ben then walled off his last 2 scouts with mice and moved the Mando Quartermaster up to Visas along with a Mando Scientist. I won init again and used Vandar to reach a scout by using Force Leap to bypass the Mouse wall and kill it. I sacrificed Ponda Baba to keep damage of the Revanchist as well as Visas. I used Force Push 4 with the Revanchist to kill the Mando Quartermaster after Visas had hurt him. Ben then killed both Vandar and Visas while I moved bastila up into combat. The next round I ran the Revanchist who was hurt up to try to kill Jaster but failed leaving him with 20. Ben then killed the Revanchist leaving me with Bastila and Lobot. I used Lightsaber Assault to kill a mando scientist and run around a wall to keep bastila safe. I did this one last time before Ben shot Bastila to death. Although I lost I was extremlly happy with the fact that I came close to getting a win with Ben only having a couple of attacking pieces left.

My fourth game was against Audri. There was no way that I could win this game as she was running a Yuuzhan Vong Jedi Hunter Swarm, so I just tried to make the game fun. I brought in Ponda Baba, GC and a Mouse in again. After the second round Audri had most of her Jedi Hunters up to my squad. the Game lasted 2 more rounds after that with the Revanchist dying without even getting to attack before dying. At the end of the game Audri had killed my entire squad while having more pieces that she started with thanks to rolling a 1 for init and bringing in another Jedi Hunter with Prefect Da'Gara.

Final 3 points 1-3

I really enjoyed the day. With the highlight being Les giving me the sportsmanship award for going 1-3 and not getting mad at any point during the day

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 5:41 pm 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Dracon2 wrote:
I really enjoyed the day. With the highlight being Les giving me the sportsmanship award for going 1-3 and not getting mad at any point during the day

You earned that one! All the things that went wrong all day and you were cutting up all through it!

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:00 pm 
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

Alright let's try and do this write up. I was playing
"wookie without a leash"
Celeste (yes again, this has been my think all regional)
Chewy enraged
Rancor keeper
Luke rc
Rieekan
Dodonna
Lobot
Uggie x2
Mouse droid
Obi force spirit

I playtested this a little at the beginning of the year and kind of put it on the back burner. With my play style I knew I could handle a lot of the things I've seen. I was fearful of lancer cause that is one squad I will never outactivate and Bastilla shutting down my ce. With this meta being a lot of hoping for not the bad matchups, I get mike and his lancer squad.
He brings in mtb and mice
I bring in momaw and crumb
I set up hoping for a round 2 strike, and he moved his lancer into gambit just like I was expecting. Begining of round 2 I go for my strike. Levitate chewy and chewy uses charging on the lancer. Needing a 7 to hit and kill the lancer and put me in position to win the game. I roll a 2. That means dead chewy. I later set up a strike with Celeste to use ambush and kill one of his Ig's . Well I still can't hit. Later I used a good war throat to get rid of his mtb fodder. He had 1 mouse left to extend ce and celest was still half alive but then a crit changed that. Game ended with lancer at 10 left and one Ig half dead and Hk half dead. So I made a better game of it than I thought but still a loss for me.

Round 2 against reven OR squad. Another matchup I was hoping not to face. I don't remember much of what happend until the end when there is like a minute left on the clock and I am ahead in points by like 10-15 or so Celeste with 60 left is based to both carth at 40 left and Bastilla with 70 left. I win init with recon and elect to go first. Celeste was cloaked early in the match so if I could get her to safety I could hide her and pull out a 2 pnt win. I also want to score pnts but if I kill carth or Bastilla(can't do both without a crit or 2) but she does have ambush and carth needs 15s to hit so I give up the AoO to Bastilla and the twin to carth in an attempt to kill carth with ambush and mobile to cover. He proceeded to roll 3 dice all above 15 and kill Celeste before she got to do anything. The funniest think is I brought in wicket and garrindon to help chewy hit and hopefully do a big spotter 30 overwhelming power shot but that didn't happan. I did manage to use a spotter 30 with a shot from wicket to dish out 40 to carth so that was fun but I'm 0-2 and this day is looking like a disaster.

Lunch time and I get 2 vodka and cokes to calm my nerves. I did get a little of a buzz so it seemed to work.

Round 3, against rebel erc's Luke commando, crix and such. I'm like finally a matchup I can handle. He doesn't have lobot so I can bring in a few more activations and outactivate. I bring in aqualish tech x2 (it's a trap) and another mouse. I set up to take shots shoot a erc with chewy and no evade for the erc because of overwhelming power leaves the erc with 20 left, just enough for Celeste to do her thing. Wash, rinse, repeat. By end of game I think I turned just about everyone into a rak except for 1 erc and maybe luke. I win 3 pnts.

Round 4 against another lancer this time with grievous instead of whorm and no San so I can outactivate. I bring in a kel dor bh, a mouse, and a peace brigade. Once again I set up for a second round strike on the lancer and this time chewy hits and lancer dies. Chewy then takes a beating with 120 taken of off him. I win init and use luke to levitate the rancor keeper next to chewy. He ties to take out chewy with no opportunist needs both to hit. 1 hit failed evade no that chewy was next to the rancor keeper (he forgot that). Next one hit and chewy evades and lives with 20. The other Ig was out of position so I think he took a shot with gha and hit failed evade. Chewy has 10 left. I then use the rancor keeper to heal 20 on chewy and move back then chewy played it safe and ran back to safety. After the lancer died and him forgetting that chewy qualifys for evade when within 6 of rancor keeper, I don't think he knew how to position it correctly. He had chewy almost dead about 4 times but rancor keeper was huge for healing and getting in the way to block shots. I later hit an Ig with rieeken and dodonna combining setting up the charge from chewy and combining with the peace brigade to finish the Ig. Clean up from there. 3 point win for me (barely). Finished 2-2 which was ok with me considering some of the matchups I had. No match against Tim and his felucians (damn) cause that would have been a blast seeing how cad likes living in rakgoul city.

On to tile wars I win and the FIRST 2 TIME TILE WARS REGIONAL CHAMPION. (yea suck on that Tim, you and your 8 regular regional wins).

Tile war write up to come later.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:32 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

audrisampson wrote:
Dracon2 wrote:

You earned that one! All the things that went wrong all day and you were cutting up all through it!

I decided a few years ago that I enjoyed tournaments a lot more if I just try to enjoy them and not let bad things happening make me mad. Also, this is why I play Star Wars Minis over Magic and other games as most people are just to serious.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:28 pm 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

Nice regional kudos to Audri and the gang for a nice setup and location. Long day that started looking really great and fizzled out after lunch.

Played 2 x IG-86, Whorm, Lancer, Lobot, BDO, 6 mouse droids, 1 ugnaught demo, Gha Nacht, HK (disruptive), San Hill. In every match I brought in the Muun Tactics Broker, 3 mouse droids, and 2 ugnaughts for reinforcements.

(Game 1) Played Jake first and put the Lancer in real danger as I did not pay attention to how far Chewie could run and that he could deal 50 damage and kill the Lancer. Jake sent him in willing to trade pieces in round 2 and thankfully rolled a 2 and missed. Chewie was killed in short order and I saw no way I could lose. Jake made that feeling disappear and played well and aggressive and made me sweat it a bit after that. I managed to take out his pieces slowly and with many rounds of gambit was able to kill Lobot and was after his final commanders that I knew could not hurt the Lancer. My move of the match I thought, was when I was going to go after and try to kill Celeste. I had to pass with the Lancer through Luke with a chance he could hit me twice and leave me almost dead (don't remember if I had damage at that point). If I twin attacked him with the strafe he could hit twice, so I moved my mouse away from 6 from Luke and to Celeste and then when I went through Luke he could hit only once (he did) and I could still hit Celeste twice (I did). After guaranteed init win, I killed her off and it made it pretty much over as I steadily killed off pieces as he killed some as well. 1-0 with 3 points.

(Game 2) Played Tim, whom I've only played a few times, last I think at GenCon last year. His squad was a real load and a pain in the ass...well played my boy! Since I had to strafe and could only go one way, I had to do it at the end of rounds where I could go through and when I won with MTB could return back to my guarded area(s) with 2 IG-86's and HK ready to deal damage should he come too close. The rounds when the Lancer returned allowed Tim to advance steadily into gambit as he had only to worry about the 3 attackers listed above. What really sealed it (like Tim mentioned) was when I could charge in with my HK at the end of a round and base his packed squad and then strafe everyone. Then the next round with MTB, I strafed back and killed his Cad, Amidala, and finally several Felucians heretofore unable to be killed as his strategy was really sound and they would NOT DIE! I finally flew the Lancer back through and away from what was left of the scrum and Tim contiued to fight until I killed off his final pieces. Big win and what I thought would springoboard me to the top 4.

(Game 3) Played Bryan's fine O/R squad and was overly sure I would beat him to my ultimate demise. I rarely am overconfident and think I was this time. Really put the Lancer in a bad spot in like round 2 or 3 and allowed Bryan to charge with Thon (last time I loan you my custom Thon haha) and kill the Lancer by moving extra distance to make the attack. I am really disappointed that I didn't see how the game was going to go and play for a 2 point win (almost never do that) but would have been wise in this game as I could not deal enough damage and could not kill stinking mouse droids of his also boosted by his HK to 24 DEF. At games end I had 6 rounds of gambit to his 1 round and like mentioned should have played keep away as I got toasted. He wins a 2 pointer and I fall to 2-1 with 6 points.

(Game 4) Played Shawn (I think) with his Mandos. I played them a lot last year and know well how the death shots work. This game felt disjointed all the way and really should have made an effort to kill mouse droids first on the strafe and then Scouts as I continued on through as he was usually having a mouse per scout as they moved to pass the CE's along. I made a real error and killed his reinforcement Gunsmith forgetting he does extra damage against droids and he almost killed the Lancer early forcing me to run him to safety until late. Well played by him and a late charge on his commanders saw me crit the captain but alas leaving him at 10 HP and alive. He wins the match with a 2 point win and advances. 2-2 with 6 points.

Really disappointed in my play after my first 2 games as a win in either would have allowed me to advance to final 4 and seen 3 Indiana players occupy 3 of the 4 spots. Lessons from my Lancer squad for the future: (1) Will be sure to play Grievous in the future as it is a real pain the rear to have to run mouse droids all over to perhaps give you a twin attack, (2) will be sure to use 2 Lancers or Sidious and 1 Lancer (more likely) to be sure I can get back in the same round and not be concerned as much by how far I can travel, (3) I can play a Lancer squad (have never done so competitively or much at all for that matter) against quality players and play it pretty well, and (4) need to take take of business not matter opponent and not think my past performance against them means squat in regards to our present and future games. A fine time and fun little trip, thanks again to everyone who came, Les for judging, and congratulations to Wes on the win he is a great young man and a real asset to the community.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:52 pm 
Unnamed Wookiee
Unnamed Wookiee

any previews for v-set4 from the regional???

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 7:40 am 
Death Star Designers
Death Star Designers

So was any previews given for the tournament?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:50 am 
Warmaster
Warmaster

Yes there were, I didnt write them down. One was a rebel unique Twilek and the other was a fringe piece.

[===0=]=============>

Sentinel for Life!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:30 pm 
Third Jedi from the Left
Third Jedi from the Left

Yeah, I don't remember what they were though. Someone will have to pester Les into posting them for everyone to see.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 114 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6